Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Expedition, 07 Harley Heritage, 07 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From a Ford Dealer Perspective

I just wanted to stop and say thank you. Working with the new Bronco customers with all the reservations coming in has been fantastic. It really makes the day go by much better when people are as excited as I am about the new Bronco Family. It's not just talking about what color you prefer, or whether or not you want your seats heated. It's about the lifestyle and the fun that the Bronco can bring. I'll sit and listen to stories of the Bronco's you had from decades ago, or the Bronco your dad took you fishing with, to the '95 still sitting in the driveway. Everyone that I've talked to so far also has a different dream or end goal with their future Bronco. Some want sleek and fast, some want to overland with the family, some want to go hardcore offroading/rock crawling. Everyone is unique yet united when it comes to Ford's new off-roader. I'm just thankful I can be a part of this excited group of enthusiasts to talk shop and eventually show off my own Bronco (Going with the Black Diamond).

The Bronco community that has grown over the last few years has been awesome to see. As a lifelong Ford fan and current employee of the Ford Motor Company, I love seeing such a fired up group of people that shares the same goal, The return of the Bronco!

It has been years of waiting and hoping from the concept Bronco of 2004, to the official announcement of the comeback in 2017, on to now where it's finally coming to fruition. The wait is almost over, soon we'll be in our new rides and loving life. Showing them off to anyone who will look at them in person, on social media, and on these forums whether they are kept stock or modded to the extreme.

Thanks again guys for making this Bronco Launch and Comeback so much fun!

-Ben

2021 Ford Bronco - Built Wild
Sponsored

Broncie

Raptor
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Very nicely put! Glad to know there are dealers out there that are just as passionate about the Bronco as the customers are. Cheers to positivity and a fast growing awesome community ??

OP
OP
gonavy2205

gonavy2205

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very nicely put! Glad to know there are dealers out there that are just as passionate about the Bronco as the customers are. Cheers to positivity and a fast growing awesome community ??
Thanks Man! Cheers to you as well ?

OP
OP
gonavy2205

gonavy2205

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One Last Thing!

If you've got a favorite Bronco Story or Future Bronco Adventure Plans, Please share them here! Love to see the stories of Ford's Fans and Customers!

Chewcudda

Black Diamond
First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
kia soul, mini cooper, kawasaki versys
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My first bronco experience was with my buddy Jason. His dad talked him into buying it so his dad could take it hunting..... and fucking destroyed it every time. here is a list of issues that car came back with after his hunting trips:
1.only drove in reverse
2. only drove in 4wd (front wheel drive)
3. only drove single rear wheel
4. overheated because of mud in the radiator.
5. no power steering.
6. all 4 tires with a slow leak.

Sponsored

dpav02

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here's my Bronco story.

My dad was diagnosed with cancer in 2009. He fought it off but then it came back. Luckily he had good union benefits at the electric company so he didn't have to worry about working during treatments. He wanted to keep his mind off of his cancer so sometime in 2010 he bought an 80s Bronco and started to restore it.

He stripped the interior. Sanded the body. He even was going to do an axle swap etc. He had the shell covered in rattle can primer with the rear axle out and the interior ripper out. Everything was labeled and organized in the partly finished downstairs game-room as well as the garage.

Eventually, he got too sick and too weak to continue to work on it. He passed away without ever enjoying the fruits of his labor.

I'm 35. My dad passed at 49. Life is a blessing and we never know when it can be taken from us. When I saw the new Bronco, I fell in love.

I've never purchased a new vehicle before and my current 4Runner has a few minor issues, but, at 14 years old with 176,000 miles, it just isn't really worth putting money into anymore.

The new Bronco will be a perfect replacement for my 4Runner. I will be one of the ones who actually take it offroad to get away, have fun, and create memories with my 12-year-old daughter while I still can.

Every day when I look at my 2021 Bronco Badlands I'll smile, think of him, and everything he's taught me.

And maybe, just maybe, when my daughter starts to drive, it can be her Bronco and she can create memories with her friends.

ChapEJF

Outer Banks
First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX/BD Mashup
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for your perspective and enthusiasm. Sorry for the long post but as I began typing it just flowed. I have been researching my next vehicle for more than the last year (my wife is a patient soul). I have refined my criteria to include the following: 4WD, rugged appearance, current safety tech, daily drivable and comfortable with some amenities. I have seen many of the current vehicles (Wrangler, Gladiator, Ranger, 4Runner, Trail Boss) that tick one or more of the boxes. I joined this forum earlier this year to keep abreast of the Bronco just in case. I have always admired the Bronco but I never had the occasion to own one. I had not let myself get overly excited about the Bronco's potential but as the launch approached the flow of leaks began to peak my interest. I decided that it was a no brainer to make a reservation, just in case. And then I watched the premiere, and I devoured the website and within 10 hours I had reserved a Bronco. Let me just say, WOW! I am not easily swayed; I am a 57 yo soon to retire Army Chaplain (Go Army!) and I have learned to not give in to the hype, but what I saw in the Bronco ticked all of my boxes and then some. The "then some" is the impeccable retro styling that has pushed the Bronco to the front of my line. When I saw the Black Diamond I thought Ford had been reading my mail and channeling my thoughts. It has the classic styling of the First Gen Bronco, the right level of off road features and just enough tech, and painted steel wheels! This will be my daily driver/adventure/retirement/bucket list vehicle that I plan to enjoy for many years to come.

Oldirtybastirred

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150 King Ranch 6” lift
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here's my Bronco story.

My dad was diagnosed with cancer in 2009. He fought it off but then it came back. Luckily he had good union benefits at the electric company so he didn't have to worry about working during treatments. He wanted to keep his mind off of his cancer so sometime in 2010 he bought an 80s Bronco and started to restore it.

He stripped the interior. Sanded the body. He even was going to do an axle swap etc. He had the shell covered in rattle can primer with the rear axle out and the interior ripper out. Everything was labeled and organized in the partly finished downstairs game-room as well as the garage.

Eventually, he got too sick and too weak to continue to work on it. He passed away without ever enjoying the fruits of his labor.

I'm 35. My dad passed at 49. Life is a blessing and we never know when it can be taken from us. When I saw the new Bronco, I fell in love.

I've never purchased a new vehicle before and my current 4Runner has a few minor issues, but, at 14 years old with 176,000 miles, it just isn't really worth putting money into anymore.

The new Bronco will be a perfect replacement for my 4Runner. I will be one of the ones who actually take it offroad to get away, have fun, and create memories with my 12-year-old daughter while I still can.

Every day when I look at my 2021 Bronco Badlands I'll smile, think of him, and everything he's taught me.

And maybe, just maybe, when my daughter starts to drive, it can be her Bronco and she can create memories with her friends.
This is a great story!

OP
OP
gonavy2205

gonavy2205

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My first bronco experience was with my buddy Jason. His dad talked him into buying it so his dad could take it hunting..... and fucking destroyed it every time. here is a list of issues that car came back with after his hunting trips:
1.only drove in reverse
2. only drove in 4wd (front wheel drive)
3. only drove single rear wheel
4. overheated because of mud in the radiator.
5. no power steering.
6. all 4 tires with a slow leak.
Sounds like he was just hunting for all the toughest obstacles and plowing right into them haha. But to have those kind of issues, and still make it back, I bet it was a hell of a lot of fun!

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here's my Bronco story.

Thanks for posting this. Great heartfelt message. I can't wait to see you post pics of your new ride when it arrives!

Sponsored
OP
OP
gonavy2205

gonavy2205

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here's my Bronco story.

Sorry to hear your dad has passed on. I'm really glad you took the time to share this with everybody, It's never easy with cancer. I've had friends and family that have been down that road with some not making it back.

It sounds like his Bronco was a labor of love and I believe the new Bronco will be yours while also having a reminder of your dad. Enjoy your new Bronco and have fun with your daughter, go out and find adventure that's certainly Built Wild.

Thanks for Sharing!

-Ben

OP
OP
gonavy2205

gonavy2205

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for your perspective and enthusiasm. Sorry for the long post but as I began typing it just flowed. I have been researching my next vehicle for more than the last year (my wife is a patient soul). I have refined my criteria to include the following: 4WD, rugged appearance, current safety tech, daily drivable and comfortable with some amenities. I have seen many of the current vehicles (Wrangler, Gladiator, Ranger, 4Runner, Trail Boss) that tick one or more of the boxes. I joined this forum earlier this year to keep abreast of the Bronco just in case. I have always admired the Bronco but I never had the occasion to own one. I had not let myself get overly excited about the Bronco's potential but as the launch approached the flow of leaks began to peak my interest. I decided that it was a no brainer to make a reservation, just in case. And then I watched the premiere, and I devoured the website and within 10 hours I had reserved a Bronco. Let me just say, WOW! I am not easily swayed; I am a 57 yo soon to retire Army Chaplain (Go Army!) and I have learned to not give in to the hype, but what I saw in the Bronco ticked all of my boxes and then some. The "then some" is the impeccable retro styling that has pushed the Bronco to the front of my line. When I saw the Black Diamond I thought Ford had been reading my mail and channeling my thoughts. It has the classic styling of the First Gen Bronco, the right level of off road features and just enough tech, and painted steel wheels! This will be my daily driver/adventure/retirement/bucket list vehicle that I plan to enjoy for many years to come.

Hey Chap!

I was definitely in the same boat. I had been waiting for years to see this thing. I've always liked the wranglers but have been a life long Ford fan. When it was officially teased back in 2017, I was thinking "This is exciting, but who knows if it will really happen". Fast forward to today and It's here, when the reservations started coming in I couldn't contain the excitement anymore and I too has to reserve my own Black Diamond Bronco!

Thanks for your service Chap, I myself was a Master-at-Arms for the strongest force the world has ever seen, Go Navy!

Side Note: This Bronco will also be my everything vehicle- Daily Driving, Overlanding, Trail Running, Adventure vehicle!

Thanks for Sharing
-Ben

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey Chap!

I was definitely in the same boat. I had been waiting for years to see this thing. I've always liked the wranglers but have been a life long Ford fan. When it was officially teased back in 2017, I was thinking "This is exciting, but who knows if it will really happen". Fast forward to today and It's here, when the reservations started coming in I couldn't contain the excitement anymore and I too has to reserve my own Black Diamond Bronco!

Thanks for your service Chap, I myself was a Master-at-Arms for the strongest force the world has ever seen, Go Navy!

Side Note: This Bronco will also be my everything vehicle- Daily Driving, Overlanding, Trail Running, Adventure vehicle!

Thanks for Sharing
-Ben
That's funny, I don't remember there being a Master-at-Arms in the Air Force! Ha just kidding, thanks for your service but Go Air Force!

cybersal

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Here's my Bronco story.

Dave, thanks for sharing your heartfelt story. Am sorry that your dad passed before enjoying his Bronco. I hope that you and your daughter have many happy memories together in your Bronco.

Here we go Steelers, Here we go! Let's go Pens! Let's go Bucs!

cybersal

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ben, thanks for your posts. It IS nice to see someone who works for a dealer who is as enthusiastic about the new Bronco as we are. Have to say, prior to the reveal, by reading bronco6g forum posts/news, and by having the Bronco as a Google News alert, I knew a heck of a lot more than any person with whom I spoke at a dealership.
Sponsored