Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WT High Pkg MIC Mod Bumper
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What happens if I activate my Bronco in the ford pass app before I receive it? Mine is “in production”, tear tags done and modules populated. In production 5/15. Anyone have any idea?
Sponsored

22luxobx

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F-150 SE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I did before it was shipped and once my dealer received it they accepted and granted me access 😎

MyATV

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They start your warrantee count-down clock?:ROFLMAO: No, I don't know.

TXshaggy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Porsche Spyder
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My delivery dealer, Chapman, accepted my activation request so I could track the auto transport to TX.

People report assembly line workers accepting activation and being able to track from MAP.

Give it a shot, no harm.

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Ford employees aren't supposed to accept your activation request in the vehicle. So it is unlikely it will get activated. If someone does (they did with my Lightning) then you get to track it with the GPS tracker every time they move it. Most likely though your request will go unfulfilled and it will time out.

With my Lightning I got to see how many Ford parking lots it was parked in. (mine was in three different lots in Dearborn for two months before it shipped to me). I knew the state of charge and odometer readings. I could tell when it got put on the train (looked like someone parked it on the railroad tracks). I also saw it get offloaded into the railyard, when it got loaded onto a truck and when it arrives at my dealer. I texted my salesperson that my Lightning was there while she was outside taking a picture of it being unloaded for me.

I was never inclined to play with the remote locking and unlocking of the Lightning because I never knew what state it was in (locked or unlocked).

It was just about as maddening to know where it was (Lightning) as it was to not know (Bronco). Although my Bronco shipped much quicker than the Lightning.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Broncobren

Broncobren

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WT High Pkg MIC Mod Bumper
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The Ford employees aren't supposed to accept your activation request in the vehicle. So it is unlikely it will get activated. If someone does (they did with my Lightning) then you get to track it with the GPS tracker every time they move it. Most likely though your request will go unfulfilled and it will time out.

With my Lightning I got to see how many Ford parking lots it was parked in. (mine was in three different lots in Dearborn for two months before it shipped to me). I knew the state of charge and odometer readings. I could tell when it got put on the train (looked like someone parked it on the railroad tracks). I also saw it get offloaded into the railyard, when it got loaded onto a truck and when it arrives at my dealer. I texted my salesperson that my Lightning was there while she was outside taking a picture of it being unloaded for me.

I was never inclined to play with the remote locking and unlocking of the Lightning because I never knew what state it was in (locked or unlocked).

It was just about as maddening to know where it was (Lightning) as it was to not know (Bronco). Although my Bronco shipped much quicker than the Lightning.
Great info thanks!

Jessicamailloux89

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What happens if I activate my Bronco in the ford pass app before I receive it? Mine is “in production”, tear tags done and modules populated. In production 5/15. Anyone have any idea?
How do you activate your ford bronco in the ford pass? Is it different for American or Canadian?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah I activated mine, but after it was built to try to figure out why it wasn't getting shipped.

At some point they updated the app to where it wouldn't let you activate it.

However even if so, I would not do it since activating it starts all your "timers" like trials, ford comnect, etc.

The thing is, Ford can take 3 months to get you your vehicle after it's built. Not worth it and will just drive you even more crazy.

Sponsored

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It has to be accepted in the vehicle so you are at the mercy of someone who is willing to accept it, being in the vehicle, at the same time you submit the prompt.

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I did this with my Raptor, but someone stole it of the lot before I could take ownership but I tracked it through CA up to AK and then back to AZ and NV. Not sure what ever happened to it after that. :(
I heard it was for sale for $75k cash

Five-O Donut Hole

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Raptor-Loaded-Original Owner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Mine was activated by a worker and I tracked it while it moved around a parking lot for a couple weeks. I also set up the secure alerts in the app and it notified me every time someone opened a door or the tailgate. Was kind of neat to watch but then the nostalgia wore off after it was driven to a Ypsilanti technology park and sat for the next few months….then it just dropped off the grid when a low battery notification was sent.

it made waiting for it to arrive even harder.

Dantastic

Outer Banks
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
OBX Sas Bronco, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You could try activating your bronco in the Ford Pass. It'll sit in limbo and if you get a denial notice, then someone is moving your vehicle ... hopefully to ship it (or maybe it just timed out). My activation request sat in limbo for like 28 days and then got denied ... 24 hours later my tracker moved to shipped.

I know it can have some draw backs. If someone approves it (which has happened according to other people in this forum), you would get GPS location and instant tracking - BUT it can cause issues with getting Ford Points (as there is a window that the dealer needs to apply to have them added to your account and the timer starts ticking at vehicle activation). Also other people have reported issues with the Ford Pass not properly working when they take delivery due to earl activations.

TXshaggy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Porsche Spyder
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Like I said above it can be remotely activated with the current software and FordPass.

I did this less than 2 weeks ago. I requested connection. Sometime later the guy prepping the car accepted on my behalf.

I didn’t experience any problems.

Here is what he sent me and what it looks like in-car.

Ford Bronco Activate vehicle before built? output_image1684793912047

Ford Bronco Activate vehicle before built? output_image1684793923471
Sponsored