Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 fx4 eco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Overall: It's OK.

When I received my Bronco in August, I did a full clay bar and polish. Normally, I would then put a couple of coats of Fleetwax on.

With the new Bronco, I tried Adam's Advanced Ceramic. Supposedly lasts 12 to 18 months etc.

It certainly was easy to apply/buff and looked great initially.

I was hoping for something that would let me blast off dirt and winter chemicals easily. For August and September, I'd say it did a good job.

By late October, I felt the hood needed another coat. By December, the chems could not be blasted off at all and the surface was rough.

We had an above freezing day yesterday, so I clayed, polished and reapplied. In the garage...

I will say, there are zero swirl marks. But my traditional Fleetwax would have performed about the same.

The ceramic works nicely on glass and us easy to apply. Zero water spots several months in.

Still searching for the best coating.....

Ford Bronco Adams Advanced Ceramic 6 month review 20230109_082644

Ford Bronco Adams Advanced Ceramic 6 month review 20230109_091044
Ford Bronco Adams Advanced Ceramic 6 month review 20230109_090136
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve had similar experiences.

I do like Adam’s Graphene Ceramic line (the non-Advanced kit). It’s definitely not a professional-level ceramic coating, but it’s still a very solid setup for the DIY guy—which, to be fair, is the target audience for Adam’s products.

This past summer I applied Adam’s Advanced Graphene Ceramic to my wife’s Escape. Thus far it hasn’t really performed any better (or worse) than the normal Graphene Ceramic kit. Jury is still out on how long it’ll last but thus far it isn’t worth the additional cost.

I haven’t actually used Fleetwax before. I think I’ve seen that on my neighbors shelf in his garage before, and I’m assuming that’s what he uses on his boat (pretty sure he loves his boat more than life itself). I haven’t actually put anything on my Bronco yet, but if it’s a solid paste wax I may have to experiment with it. The dealer applied some sort of wax coating (probably some spray-on product) before I took delivery in September. I’ve been meaning to strip/polish/wax since I took delivery but fall flew by and now that winter has hit it’s either been below freezing or raining. :cautious:

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Don’t laugh, but i have great results with Turtle Wax seal n shine, topped with Turtle Wax ice spray wax.

I have an unlimited wash membership to a touchless car wash and use it a few times a week. Maybe once a month ill do a rinseless wash with n914 then a coat of spray wax.

I do a decontamination wash and use a clay mitt in the spring and fall, that’s when i’ll break out the seal n shine.

turtle wax is reasonably priced, and highly recommended by Pan the Organizer.

iBrad81

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Try a reset style soap to help clean the pores of the coating (yes its a thing)
Adams claims their graphene soap will do this to help reactivate the coating, Or try Car-Pro Reset soap.
Also you can use Graphene CS3 or Boost after a wash to help the hydrophobic properties

I've had the non-advanced ceramic coating(not the spray coating) on my wife's Grand Cherokee for over 2 years and still goes strong, coatings need maintained.

I've used Adams stuff for years, I keep trying other stuff but typically go back to Adams bc there stuff works well for non-pro's and there customer service is great.

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Try a reset style soap to help clean the pores of the coating (yes its a thing)
Adams claims their graphene soap will do this to help reactivate the coating, Or try Car-Pro Reset soap.
Also you can use Graphene CS3 or Boost after a wash to help the hydrophobic properties

I've had the non-advanced ceramic coating(not the spray coating) on my wife's Grand Cherokee for over 2 years and still goes strong, coatings need maintained.

I've used Adams stuff for years, I keep trying other stuff but typically go back to Adams bc there stuff works well for non-pro's and there customer service is great.

I second carpro reset.

Sponsored

FreddieLee

Wildtrak
First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Adams is good, but it doesn't last anywhere near as long as advertised.

OP
OP
paxfish

paxfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 fx4 eco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the comments, Gang.

I may bump up to the next level of ceramic.

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Adams is good, but it doesn't last anywhere near as long as advertised.
Old thread but this is what popped up on my search. I applied Adams Advanced when my Bronco was new (March 2022), and I have just had to redo it (December 23) as it no longer beaded water.

On a side note, there was very little oxidation on my paint, so very easy to prep. I wonder if the ceramic coat, even though it wasn't beading water anymore was still protecting the paint?
Sponsored