Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I got mine to work after turning the Bronco on and off a few times. Then I was able to get into the MMB setting menu and turn on wifi. Works well so far.

20211222_124336.jpg
Sponsored

1stCar76Bronco

First Edition
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge Sport tuned
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
As a dad of a traveling baseball player, this was a must!!

I received mine today and got it working. Ordered the android 11 version. I’ve been able to watch a quick 5 minutes on Netflix, download a couple of apps/games and play sonic and a short angry birds tutorial.

It didn’t go smooth at first. Tried to do it really quick and hoping it was just plug & play. Plus I wasn’t 100% sure what cord to use: usb-c/usb-c or usb-a/usb-c.

After I focused on what I was doing, along with watching a quick YouTube video and looking at the crappy instructions.

I used the usb-a/usb-c cord and once the interface came up or better yet, I located it. I went to the settings app, WiFi settings and connected by hotspot. The the same with Bluetooth and GPS. once all that connected, I was good to go.

One note. I also got confused on what sync source to use. Meaning AM, FM, SiriusXM, etc. I used “William’s - iPhone” as my source.

I did have a crackling sound issue so I unplugged everything, plugged it all back in, started it back up. Issue fixed.

Another note: I do not get a start up image, however I do get the start up sound, which sounds pretty cool on the B&O system. Sort of like THX at the end. I wish the image would render.

I also have to manually go to the WiFi setting for it to start searching for my hotspot. Maybe it’s automatic given more time, but I got tried of waiting.

I think maybe someone mentioned this earlier, but this is nothing more than a raspberry pi running Android setup to look like CarPlay.

scuba

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tahoe Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got the Android 11
Thanks for the replies. I tried returning, and am getting crappy customer service. Hopeful that I can get this to work, following yall's leads-- maybe with a different vendor.

Sponsored

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As a dad of a traveling baseball player, this was a must!!

I received mine today and got it working. Ordered the android 11 version. I’ve been able to watch a quick 5 minutes on Netflix, download a couple of apps/games and play sonic and a short angry birds tutorial.

It didn’t go smooth at first. Tried to do it really quick and hoping it was just plug & play. Plus I wasn’t 100% sure what cord to use: usb-c/usb-c or usb-a/usb-c.

After I focused on what I was doing, along with watching a quick YouTube video and looking at the crappy instructions.

I used the usb-a/usb-c cord and once the interface came up or better yet, I located it. I went to the settings app, WiFi settings and connected by hotspot. The the same with Bluetooth and GPS. once all that connected, I was good to go.

One note. I also got confused on what sync source to use. Meaning AM, FM, SiriusXM, etc. I used “William’s - iPhone” as my source.

I did have a crackling sound issue so I unplugged everything, plugged it all back in, started it back up. Issue fixed.

Another note: I do not get a start up image, however I do get the start up sound, which sounds pretty cool on the B&O system. Sort of like THX at the end. I wish the image would render.

I also have to manually go to the WiFi setting for it to start searching for my hotspot. Maybe it’s automatic given more time, but I got tried of waiting.

I think maybe someone mentioned this earlier, but this is nothing more than a raspberry pi running Android setup to look like CarPlay.
I have the Android 11 as well. So you had to connect it to Wifi, bluetooth and GPS? What video did you watch? Thanks.

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the Android 11 as well. So you had to connect it to Wifi, bluetooth and GPS? What video did you watch? Thanks.
@1stCar76Bronco Nevermind, I figured out the GPS. What's cool is that you can either use the devices GPS or the the Bronco's GPS. I set it to use the Broncos as i'm guessing that the antenna is stronger. What's odd is I can't install TikTok...don't laugh, its very entertaining LOL. Neither TikTok or OnX offroad show up in the play store.

1stCar76Bronco

First Edition
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge Sport tuned
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
@1stCar76Bronco Nevermind, I figured out the GPS. What's cool is that you can either use the devices GPS or the the Bronco's GPS. I set it to use the Broncos as i'm guessing that the antenna is stronger. What's odd is I can't install TikTok...don't laugh, its very entertaining LOL. Neither TikTok or OnX offroad show up in the play store.
Yeah, once I set BT & GPS up, it stayed connected. WiFi is the only one I have to reconnect every time. This gets old! I’ll probably only use the devise for long trips or baseball weekends.

Used it a lot the other day and it worked fine. Too much buffering, but I have an older XS. Maybe 5G or a different area wouldn’t be as bad?

Since my initial setup, I’ve been able to use either cord that came with the device. I have run into some sound issues: cracking during speech or no sound. I just unplug the cord and it seems to resolve it. Still no startup image/video, just the sound.

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, once I set BT & GPS up, it stayed connected. WiFi is the only one I have to reconnect every time. This gets old! I’ll probably only use the devise for long trips or baseball weekends.

Used it a lot the other day and it worked fine. Too much buffering, but I have an older XS. Maybe 5G or a different area wouldn’t be as bad?

Since my initial setup, I’ve been able to use either cord that came with the device. I have run into some sound issues: cracking during speech or no sound. I just unplug the cord and it seems to resolve it. Still no startup image/video, just the sound.
Are you using wireless CarPlay? I think that if you are using that, it disconnect the wifi becasue wireless carplay uses it. I think I had the cracking during music and videos initally. I didn't hear it today when testing.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I got Android 11 and it works well. I have it hooked up through wifi to the broncos o. Board Hotspot...fantastic because it's always on and don't take data from my phone. Some apps don't work. Topozone pro works well and a few other good apps are available through Google apps for this unit and you can download them directly bon the interface.

Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Sometimes when it boots it crackles, then the second try it's crystal clear.
The chrome web browser can sinc to your Google account . And there is also a mirror function I'm working on.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You can just use wifi from your phones Hotspot or the broncos Hotspot, there are options for the internal GPS or an external one like your phone or the broncos GPS. Also Bluetooth is optional , but needs to be engaged for phone to make calls through the MMB box and the broncos mic and speakers

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Pardon my ignorance, but do I need an android phone for this to work? Or simply the MMD device?
This can be hooked up to your Bronco Hotspot and leave the phone at home or turn off phone Hotspot.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have emailed the Joy folks to get them to sort this out and there actually responded and are currently fixing

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have emailed the Joy folks to get them to sort this out and there actually responded and are currently fixing
Did they say how the update will come? Thanks.
Sponsored