Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

couldn't you have this covered by insurance?
I would assume it’s like most after market parts, either not covered or they only cover a small portion.
Sponsored

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would assume it’s like most after market parts, either not covered or they only cover a small portion.
I actually chatted with my provider (Progressive) about this a few minutes ago:

" First, for damage to glass - Windshields and other window glass are typically covered by Comprehensive coverage. You selected that with a $499 deductible for the Bronco. For approved claims where the damage can be repaired, you usually won't pay anything. If the glass needs to be replaced, you'd pay your deductible or the full cost of replacement, whichever is less. For your after market part coverage - "

Regarding other potential damage:
" You can add up to $5000 of the Custom Parts and/or Equipment to cover the after market part of the vehicle.
With that part being over the $5k amount, we do have the option to insure your vehicle as 'Stated Amount' on the policy to include the upgrades to the vehicle."

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I actually chatted with my provider (Progressive) about this a few minutes ago:

" First, for damage to glass - Windshields and other window glass are typically covered by Comprehensive coverage. You selected that with a $499 deductible for the Bronco. For approved claims where the damage can be repaired, you usually won't pay anything. If the glass needs to be replaced, you'd pay your deductible or the full cost of replacement, whichever is less. For your after market part coverage - "

Regarding other potential damage:
" You can add up to $5000 of the Custom Parts and/or Equipment to cover the after market part of the vehicle.
With that part being over the $5k amount, we do have the option to insure your vehicle as 'Stated Amount' on the policy to include the upgrades to the vehicle."
Got this answer from my agent: Unfortunately Insurance companies in general (not just state farm) never pay for upgrades ☹

CTwaterfowler

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wouldn't surprise me, I've spent a lot of time submitting quotes for both foreign and domestic manufacturers. Most North American suppliers won't even give an estimate for parts requiring custom molds unless the initial order quantity is in the five figures.
Hopefully adv ordered enough molding to last a long time.
Also, now they have an exact example of the molding,and some idea of what it means to outsource outside USA.and what sacrifice they have to mske.
With that being the case it is always a good idea for a plan b supplier.again taking into consideration the excellent points you made regarding minimum order.

Sponsored

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

By the way, I got the final answer from my insurance agent (which I think good news):

We don’t have a stated/agreed amount endorsement. However, in case of a loss we will pay the actual cash value of the vehicle at the time of the loss including all modifications done to the car as long as you can provide receipts/invoices.

It applies to both Comprehensive and Collision whether it is total loss or repairs.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

By the way, I got the final answer from my insurance agent (which I think good news):

We don’t have a stated/agreed amount endorsement. However, in case of a loss we will pay the actual cash value of the vehicle at the time of the loss including all modifications done to the car as long as you can provide receipts/invoices.

It applies to both Comprehensive and Collision whether it is total loss or repairs.
My insurance company stated that items need to be secured to the vehicle for aftermarket modifications. So a bolted down light bar - Covered. A stereo sub woofer that's just sliding around in your trunk not secured - Not covered.

I try to take pictures of everything I do from a mod standpoint - Not only to share on B6G, but so I have a reference if I'm ever questioned. One of those things you hope you never need, but glad you do if the time comes.

CKXVII

Outer Banks
First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@ADV Fiberglass any interior / exterior pics of the modular hardtop w/out the quarter panels? I’d like to see how the rear clamshell sits over the 2nd row seating

OP
OP
ADV Fiberglass

ADV Fiberglass

Big Bend
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.advfiberglass.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@ADV Fiberglass any interior / exterior pics of the modular hardtop w/out the quarter panels? I’d like to see how the rear clamshell sits over the 2nd row seating
Are you asking to see the hardtop with factory rear quarter panels installed or with the rear quarter panels fully un-installed?

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Are you asking to see the hardtop with factory rear quarter panels installed or with the rear quarter panels fully un-installed?
Sounds to me like they’re asking to see your modular top installed, but with the two front panels removed.
I'd like to see the same

Sponsored
OP
OP
ADV Fiberglass

ADV Fiberglass

Big Bend
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.advfiberglass.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sounds to me like they’re asking to see your modular top installed, but with the two front panels removed.
mid like to see the same

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

JFelty

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Got this answer from my agent: Unfortunately Insurance companies in general (not just state farm) never pay for upgrades ☹
I dont know if that is 100% true it could be now though. Many years back I purchased a Victory Hammer brand new (paid cash) and similar to the my Bronco the customization began day 2. New paint (Ghost Flames), Arlen Ness chrome, Stage 3 intake, exhaust and tune. Two weeks after the paint was dry I had to ditch it or die because of the inability of a drunk driver to stay in his lane. I flew off the bike flipped 3 times and was a complete total. State Farm pair for every upgrade because I had receipts. They did depreciate the bike because I had owned it for a while but it wasnt much. Needless to say my wife is much happier with the me owing a WildTrak instead of a Victory Hammer. Happy Wife, Happy Life :)

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I dont know if that is 100% true it could be now though. Many years back I purchased a Victory Hammer brand new (paid cash) and similar to the my Bronco the customization began day 2. New paint (Ghost Flames), Arlen Ness chrome, Stage 3 intake, exhaust and tune. Two weeks after the paint was dry I had to ditch it or die because of the inability of a drunk driver to stay in his lane. I flew off the bike flipped 3 times and was a complete total. State Farm pair for every upgrade because I had receipts. They did depreciate the bike because I had owned it for a while but it wasnt much. Needless to say my wife is much happier with the me owing a WildTrak instead of a Victory Hammer. Happy Wife, Happy Life :)
Yes, I got the final answer from them and they said, they actually cover everything as far as it has receipts :)

Brnzbronc

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
So by the looks they only offer the front seating top removal and solid roofing for the 2nd row back… huh sucks for you 4 door guys and gals 😂😂😂
Sponsored