First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So here goes. I’m pissed. Really pissed. AFE pipes don’t work on a Whipple intercooler. I got all these parts from lethal performance and they had no idea these items don’t work together (or the guy I spoke to today didn’t). The long and the short of it is the collars that attach to the intercooler don’t snap because they are made of aluminum and where they notched the collar because of material strength (I assume) for the clip is no in the correct spot. I know we are hot ridding here but come on. I have a truck I can’t drive. I know I can just reinstall the stock stuff (pain in the ass) but come on. Their reply was we will get back with you after r&r looks at it. Their stuff came in all dented up too. None the less I’m pissed, truck won’t drive and get to wait.
Sponsored

Wereknight7

Base
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
It sucks that you found out that way. I would think they were aware of the issue as Stage 3 Motorsports has a warning on the page for the intercooler saying the parts are incompatible.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man that sucks.

They fit my mishimoto intercooler.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You are pissed that two different aftermarket products are not compatible? A little leg work on your end before diving in would have saved you a lot of frustration. Personally, I would have talked to both companies before ordering parts. I would trust that information over the phone jockey at a parts distributor.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe you have to go with Mishimoto intercooler for after market pipes. It comes with multiple connectors.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Edsasso

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You are pissed that two different aftermarket products are not compatible? A little leg work on your end before diving in would have saved you a lot of frustration. Personally, I would have talked to both companies before ordering parts. I would trust that information over the phone jockey at a parts distributor.
Yea, Im pissed. But I can deal with it. Im a big boy. I did some research and at the time, I found no claims of incompatibility. The items were ordered 4 or more months ago....... None the less it was more of a public service announcement to other bronco owners. Thank you for your wisdom.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lethal should have been aware of the incompatibility...I would hope that they would make it right.

OP
OP

Edsasso

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lethal should have been aware of the incompatibility...I would hope that they would make it right.
I blame myself. Im really just telling everyone so they know. Im sure AFE will make the correct stuff..... I just hate waiting while my truck is torn apart....

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hear ya, sucks for sure. I just did the AFE w/ the Mishi cooler and it went slick. The Mishi also has aluminum collars so I'm equally surprised the whipple wouldn't be compatible if it is designed to accept the factory pipes and clips?

OP
OP

Edsasso

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
AFE just doesnt have the recess for the clips in the correct spot. Should be a simple fix. BTW the factory pipes work perfectly on the whipple, I ran the truck that way without issue till the AFE pipes arrived.

Sponsored

bronco100

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Lethal performance is run by a bunch of clueless losers. One minute of watching the mullet wearing walking scarecrow in their videos could tell you that. Their customer service is the worst I've ever seen. Whole place is a scam. Just order from someone else and save yourself the trouble.

Billnchristy

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bmw m440i gc,2022 BD 2dr, 1966 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'd be whipping out the dremel and making the notch in the right spot, or decoupling it at the nearest joint and running silicone until they made the part.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
AFE just doesnt have the recess for the clips in the correct spot. Should be a simple fix. BTW the factory pipes work perfectly on the whipple, I ran the truck that way without issue till the AFE pipes arrived.
This is why I'm confused I guess. The AFE pipe clip recess works on both the stock cooler and Mishi cooler...if the whipple is designed to work with the stock pipes one would think there wouldn't be a difference. Hope they take car of you ASAP. Not sure which pipes are actually compatible with the whipple...I'd push Lethal to take back the AFE pipes and go another brand.

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hey! Sorry you're dealing with these issues. I hope your Bronco is back at full force soon. Send me a message so we can reach out to AFE regarding the incompatibility - they claimed it originally as factory replacement so at initial release they were unaware of any issues with other factory connect items. I'd like to see if I can help resolve this for you.

Thanks!

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco