William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bmw m440i gc,2022 BD 2dr, 1966 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

H is your problem right? It's just force fit and clamped into the silicone, can't you just clock it how you need it?

Screenshot_20230214_010412.png
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I could be wrong but sounds like it's the engagement depth that is causing the misalignment, not so much being able to spin "H" to match.

Biggwrm

First Edition
First Name
Orran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Something is a bit off. AFE fits stock intercooler and whipple fits stock piping. I just did a test fit of an intercooler, stock tubing didn’t bottom out, so the billet ends of the AFE didn’t either.
The issue was the ring past the groove was slightly too big. Lil dremel work and got it seated.
Told the intercooler rep and they are looking into. My “tester” wasn’t a finished product.

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Lethal performance is run by a bunch of clueless losers. One minute of watching the mullet wearing walking scarecrow in their videos could tell you that. Their customer service is the worst I've ever seen. Wh
ole place is a scam. Just order from someone else and save yourself the trouble.
Mullet Wearing Scarecrow checking in.

I'm really sorry you feel this way about us and don't like my hair. Not sure what this stems from but we are far from a scam. We've been in business for over 18 years and are very passionate about what we do especially when it comes to the Bronco platform. Our level of customer service is top notch and I'm sure many of the other members of the group here would agree with that.

In regards to our videos we receive tons of great feedback from the members here. Between new product releases, installation videos, reviews and all of the stuff we do for the Bronco platform I don't think any other single person in this community has contributed to the level that I have.

Although we strive to make sure all of our customers are satisfied unfortunately some people just can't be satisfied.

Thanks!

bronco100

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Although we strive to make sure all of our customers are satisfied unfortunately some people just can't be satisfied.
They can be satisfied... elsewhere. I'm glad others have had a good experience ordering from you. My personal experience was very much the opposite. Not a problem for me though - I can order the exact same parts from many other places.

What differentiating factor does Lethal offer that I can't get at any other distributor, such as Steeda, CJ Pony Parts, or a million other places? I would think the difference would have to be the customer experience.

As for the Youtube videos, they're pretty helpful and informative overall, just would be better if they were hosted by someone with a personality. No offense. :)

Sponsored
OP
OP

Edsasso

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd be whipping out the dremel and making the notch in the right spot, or decoupling it at the nearest joint and running silicone until they made the part.
Yea, I cant do that because I will run out of meet on the adapter. And I dont want to screw up the intercooler.....

OP
OP

Edsasso

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry to hear that, hope Lethal makes it right

so what now Ed? Whats your next move? Sponsored
Im sure lethal will help, I just emailed them. I have 10 or so emails into AFE. They want me to measure some things. I dont know what they want so I asked for them to send me a drawing and I will measure everything for them. I can guarantee Im screwed for no less than a month with AFE.

OP
OP

Edsasso

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
H is your problem right? It's just force fit and clamped into the silicone, can't you just clock it how you need it?

Ford Bronco AFE charge pipes read before you buy Screenshot_20230214_010412
Yes. H is the issue. It bottoms out and the retainer slot does not line up with the retainer slot on the whipple

OP
OP

Edsasso

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I could be wrong but sounds like it's the engagement depth that is causing the misalignment, not so much being able to spin "H" to match.
Exactly

OP
OP

Edsasso

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Something is a bit off. AFE fits stock intercooler and whipple fits stock piping. I just did a test fit of an intercooler, stock tubing didn’t bottom out, so the billet ends of the AFE didn’t either.
The issue was the ring past the groove was slightly too big. Lil dremel work and got it seated.
Told the intercooler rep and they are looking into. My “tester” wasn’t a finished product.

I thought about doing this, but I figured AFE would know #1 but I also think If I open up the clip recess a little, The damn thing would break when under boost. The aluminum in that area is thin to begin with. Factory looks to have a little more play and the factory used stainless which is much stronger.

Sponsored

Biggwrm

First Edition
First Name
Orran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I thought about doing this, but I figured AFE would know #1 but I also think If I open up the clip recess a little, The damn thing would break when under boost. The aluminum in that area is thin to begin with. Factory looks to have a little more play and the factory used stainless which is much stronger.
Where i took off material is the second collar on the intercooler. First one is tapered for the spring clip, then the groove, then the second ring was slightly too large a diameter. Won’t affect strength.
The factory boots didnt fit this intercooler properly either, so it is a problem on their end in my case

OP
OP

Edsasso

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where i took off material is the second collar on the intercooler. First one is tapered for the spring clip, then the groove, then the second ring was slightly too large a diameter. Won’t affect strength.
The factory boots didnt fit this intercooler properly either, so it is a problem on their end in my case
I see, Ill get under it tonight and see. So just to be clear, you didnt mess with the adapter, you ground down the intercooler. If so, I agree, there would be no strength issue there. My factory pipes fit the intercooler perfectly, good and tight......

Biggwrm

First Edition
First Name
Orran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I see, Ill get under it tonight and see. So just to be clear, you didnt mess with the adapter, you ground down the intercooler. If so, I agree, there would be no strength issue there. My factory pipes fit the intercooler perfectly, good and tight......
Yea i didnt mess with the adapters.
did you try your adapters on factory intercooler? If you still have it

5E94B291-49BE-4F89-9496-25E33B33AD77.jpeg

OP
OP

Edsasso

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)