First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Ford Super duty, Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
We are at 60 days waiting on our Bronco to get the engine replaced. Hoping for this week though. All the parts showed up last week and I noticed this weekend that it’s not sitting outside anymore so it’s in a bay.

JustJD

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser, AMG C63S(RIP)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow, glad Ford made things right for you. All things given our current situation, 40 days isn’t too bad for an engine replacement. (y)

TravisC91

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Update:
several folks have contacted me to show pics of the new engine. Adding them below. (She is still running great too!)

It took 40 days but my Bronco is back home!

On 12/23, the engine died and it needed to be replaced (read original thread).

Today, 01/31, I got her back! I've only driven about 30 miles today, all seems good so far. I will be taking her to my local OHV Park tomorrow to giver her a proper shakedown!

bronco diagnostic.jpeg

bronco home.jpg

bronco new engine 1.jpeg

bronco new engine 2.jpeg
Attached a pic I found of a pre-replacement 2.7 ECO for comparison. I have no idea what I'm looking at but someone will.

Original 2.7 ECO.jpg

KnoxGnater

Badlands
First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1934 Ford Roadster Pickup, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good news OP!
@jeremy.wilson237 and @Lance103222 what was the timeline and process for alternate transportation? Did the dealer provide a loaner, rental, or what?

Has Ford offered any incentive like extended warranty, cover a payment, etc?

Mine blew yesterday in a fashion largely consistent with the other noted failures here. I don't have the official postmortem report yet, but I'm assuming the worst.

We need to start a support Group on here.....

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lance103222

Lance103222

First Edition
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F250, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Good news OP!
@jeremy.wilson237 and @Lance103222 what was the timeline and process for alternate transportation? Did the dealer provide a loaner, rental, or what?

Mine blew yesterday in a fashion largely consistent with the other noted failures here. I don't have the official postmortem report yet, but I'm assuming the worst.

So bummed to learn of another. It took 7 days to get Ford to approve a rental for me. My Bronco was down for just over 6 weeks. And no, I have not receive any extra benefit/insurances from Ford (as of yet).

Please call 1(888)327-4236, that is the NHTSA hotline where you need to file a complaint. All you will need is your VIN handy. Takes less than 5 minutes.

Best of luck,

jeremy.wilson237

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Ford Super duty, Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Good news OP!

Our dealer gave us a car off the used car lot and we swapped it out every couple weeks. We got that loaner within a couple days. I’ve asked Ford about payment reimbursement and they told me it’s a case by case basis. It sounds like if they do anything it will only be one thing. I say this because when I asked about extending navigation and satellite radio he mentioned that it might go against the good faith judgement and not get payments made.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update:
several folks have contacted me to show pics of the new engine. Adding them below. (She is still running great too!)

Today, 01/31, I got her back! I've only driven about 30 miles today, all seems good so far. I will be taking her to my local OHV Park tomorrow to giver her a proper shakedown!

Ford Bronco After 40 days, my Bronco is back home after new 2.7 engine replacement (for dropped valve)! Original 2.7 ECO

Ford Bronco After 40 days, my Bronco is back home after new 2.7 engine replacement (for dropped valve)! Original 2.7 ECO

I'm late to your thread. Glad your Bronco is back and good vibes to you going forward.

Do you mind sharing what your milage was when the problem occurred?

Guess whenever I do get my 2.7, 2 Dr will watch closely during those first 1000 miles, but also read about the vendor for a part that may have been the source of earlier failures in the 2.7.

staylormade

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Update:

Sorry that happened to you bud, but glad you got her back. She's looking proper good.

Enjoy

OP
OP
Lance103222

Lance103222

First Edition
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F250, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm late to your thread. Glad your Bronco is back and good vibes to you going forward.

Do you mind sharing what your milage was when the problem occurred?

Guess whenever I do get my 2.7, 2 Dr will watch closely during those first 1000 miles, but also read about the vendor for a part that may have been the source of earlier failures in the 2.7.
The original engine died at just over 2.000 miles.

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The original engine died at just over 2.000 miles.
Hope you originally had one of the motors with the supplier issue, so from here, you’ll be smooth sailing and can drive it like you want.

Good vibes to you man. Thanks for sharing your experience, even if it wasn’t what we‘d have hoped.

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks for the detailed write up and all of the news! So happy that you are up and running again. Your Bronco looks really good. Thanks for sharing your story. Does the new engine feel like the old one or more powerful?

nikojo

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gwagen FJ40 HMMWV M998612 911ST FJIcon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good news OP!

Knox………how many miles did you have on the truck and VIN series were you?

KnoxGnater

Badlands
First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1934 Ford Roadster Pickup, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Slosh1