First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am 51 and it will be a daily driver and do it all for me so 4 Doors... the cargo area is bigger so I can toss guns and gear in when I go to a match.

Everglades Bronco Photos Pricing 8.jpg
Sponsored

Tulumben

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm sure 2 door is cool for rock crawling (which is the primary purpose of the Bronco for a lot of people)... But if you are hauling a fair bit of gear (camping, road trips, etc.) you can't really fit more than 2 adults in a 2 door, right? Even the 4 door it would be tough to get all your gear in there if you had 2-3 people in the back and could only use the trunk. Seems quite limited purpose to me... For anyone who routinely has more than 2 people in the vehicle + gear I would think a 4 door would be a no-brainer.

If I were buying a 2 door strictly for off-roading, I'd probably be more inclined to buy something 10+ years old (that costs substantially less) and have it as a spare vehicle on the side to use more as a toy. Spending $60k on a toy is pretty damn expensive IMO! Obviously for some people the cost isn't an issue.

OP
OP
71to21-2DR

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm sure 2 door is cool for rock crawling (which is the primary purpose of the Bronco for a lot of people)... But if you are hauling a fair bit of gear (camping, road trips, etc.) you can't really fit more than 2 adults in a 2 door, right? Even the 4 door it would be tough to get all your gear in there if you had 2-3 people in the back and could only use the trunk. Seems quite limited purpose to me... For anyone who routinely has more than 2 people in the vehicle + gear I would think a 4 door would be a no-brainer.

If I were buying a 2 door strictly for off-roading, I'd probably be more inclined to buy something 10+ years old (that costs substantially less) and have it as a spare vehicle on the side to use more as a toy. Spending $60k on a toy is pretty damn expensive IMO! Obviously for some people the cost isn't an issue.

Power Man

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, F150, Mustang Conv, 69 Bronco. 62 Ec
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
75 and 2 door…reason, had nine full sized Broncos, all had two…it’s the way they should be for me.

OP
OP
71to21-2DR

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Totally get it.
Mine is 46k roughly out the door.
I would not have ordered if my late mother didn’t leave a small inheritance.
I need a 2 door for the switchback trails, and old miner roads here in Norcal Gold country.
I like to shoot, and Pan up in the hills.
Plus we have 3 4doors so its my escape toy. I dont like rock crawling, don’t really get it, but it is fun to watch guys F-up their Rigs!
Ouch…. Thats gonna leave a mark!!!
🤣

Sponsored

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

39 yrs old.
Wife, 1 yr old, and 4 yr old
4 door, because I think it looks better.
This is an extra for fun vehicle.
Nice that I can put car seats in the back and easily take the whole family.

BC33

Big Bend
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
75 and 2 door…reason, had nine full sized Broncos, all had two…it’s the way they should be for me.
Was feeling the same way! After having a 4D Jeep, not sure I can live without room!! Ordered a 2D but changed to a 4D.

OvrLnd99

Wildtrak
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2022 BMW Z4 M40i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am 40. No kids, just a wife and 3 dogs. I am buying a 4 door so the wife and three dogs can ride with me to the park, camping, whatever we are going to do. It is also my daily driver, and I like the look of the 4 door. I have had a 2 door and a 4 door Wrangler, prefer the 4 door for the dogs...and the wife. :)

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
25 and no family. I hate tents and camp a lot so car camping is my go to... doesn’t get much better than the back of an SUV but the 2 door doesn’t work lol.

Markkelly1965

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Bronco, 09 Expedition, 77 Vette
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

56, buying a four door for many reason. i Kinda like the proportions of the four door bette. should have a better ride. only have one son left in high school so it’s not really a must to have four doors but if I could by two, the second would be a two door. Oh wait, I have that. Got a 66.

Sponsored

Desmomini

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ferrari 348, Porsche 914
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
In several decades of owning cars and raising kids, I've found the following to be true:

1.) The majority of the time, you will drive yourself. Two doors work fine.

2.) When you drive just your spouse, two doors still work.

3.) ASSUMING you don't have two kids within 2-3 years of each other, you're still good with a 2 door, because:

a.) when they're small enough that they have to ride in the back, you either get them in and out (the price you pay for having a 2 door) or they reach the age where they can exit by themselves, and they're fine with operating the passenger door lever.

b.) once they hit the point of complaining about not having a door, they're probably old enough to ride in the front. Remember, your spouse is doing something else the majority of the time you're transporting one or two kids for errands, school, etc.

4.) If the whole family goes somewhere, like out to dinner, two kids can ride in the back, you and the spouse in front. Sure, they may complain a tiny bit, but mostly likely not, as they're getting a free meal out of the deal.

5.) Want to go on a week's vacation, with a lot of stops and a lot of luggage? Ahem...Hertz, Enterprise...

6.) And what about going out for a work lunch? Well, if you're not working from home...your back seats still work, and you're probably going within a 12 minute drive. You've got work to do, right? And why don't your colleagues have transportation? Not your fault someone got a DUI...they can ride in the back.

DISCLAIMER - this post is the point of view of a man with four kids, ages 27, 20, 13 and 8. Only the 13 year old and 8 year old will be in the 2 door Bronco for any extended time - the older ones have cars. So does my wife. Marry a woman who can drive.

The above has been tested with 2-door vehicles that include a Jeep Wrangler, MINI Cooper, BMW 3 coupe, and Fiat Abarth 500.

Oh yeah...try to live near your kid's school, too. Really, anything is do-able for 3 miles or less.

dweskamp

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I’m kind of curious, I’ve been reading this forum for, I don’t know, two or three months, and I’m really surprised there isn’t more 2-Door purchasers.
so I’m just wondering what AGE is of most people buying a
2 door and a 4 -door,
because I think it’s a generational thing now.

When I was a kid you were your father or grandfather if you were driving a four-door. same with my dad! Of course I grew up in a HotRod Family (30’-50’s Cars)
So I was always told that 2 doors is what you want.

Maybe I was brainwashed, or a product of my time, but I always thought the 2 Doors look way better than 4 doors
(as far as proportions and everything)
and all those extra posts and windows!
Especially the vehicle like a Bronco because of the short wheelbase. You have to jack up a four-door way higher in order to have the same clearance.

biggest thing for me is I have the mindset of

2-door Means Freedom
4-Door means Baggage

Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad that young folks nowadays wanna include their family on a lot of stuff, but I still think Guys need to have their OWN freedom sometimes, and “Girls”Too I guess!!!

So mostly this is just out of curiosity

I’m 52 and I love2doors
What did tou order and how old are you?
Thanks Rick
I had a 72 as a kid then my son had a 76 growing up. I wanted a 2 door but 2 grand kids and these 2

20210616_192208.jpg

20210203_211455.jpg

LadyLiz

Big Bend
First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So I’m kind of curious, I’ve been reading this forum for, I don’t know, two or three months, and I’m really surprised there isn’t more 2-Door purchasers.
so I’m just wondering what AGE is of most people buying a
2 door and a 4 -door,
because I think it’s a generational thing now.

When I was a kid you were your father or grandfather if you were driving a four-door. same with my dad! Of course I grew up in a HotRod Family (30’-50’s Cars)
So I was always told that 2 doors is what you want.

Maybe I was brainwashed, or a product of my time, but I always thought the 2 Doors look way better than 4 doors
(as far as proportions and everything)
and all those extra posts and windows!
Especially the vehicle like a Bronco because of the short wheelbase. You have to jack up a four-door way higher in order to have the same clearance.

biggest thing for me is I have the mindset of

2-door Means Freedom
4-Door means Baggage

Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad that young folks nowadays wanna include their family on a lot of stuff, but I still think Guys need to have their OWN freedom sometimes, and “Girls”Too I guess!!!

So mostly this is just out of curiosity

I’m 52 and I love2doors
What did tou order and how old are you?
Thanks Rick
elder millennial GIRL dink (dual income no kids). 4 door. I feel like a 2 door looks incomplete…like spelling Hannah as Hanna 🤷🏼‍♀️

OP
OP
71to21-2DR

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

In several decades of owning cars and raising kids, I've found the following to be true:

1.) The majority of the time, you will drive yourself. Two doors work fine.

2.) When you drive just your spouse, two doors still work.

3.) ASSUMING you don't have two kids within 2-3 years of each other, you're still good with a 2 door, because:

a.) when they're small enough that they have to ride in the back, you either get them in and out (the price you pay for having a 2 door) or they reach the age where they can exit by themselves, and they're fine with operating the passenger door lever.

b.) once they hit the point of complaining about not having a door, they're probably old enough to ride in the front. Remember, your spouse is doing something else the majority of the time you're transporting one or two kids for errands, school, etc.

4.) If the whole family goes somewhere, like out to dinner, two kids can ride in the back, you and the spouse in front. Sure, they may complain a tiny bit, but mostly likely not, as they're getting a free meal out of the deal.

5.) Want to go on a week's vacation, with a lot of stops and a lot of luggage? Ahem...Hertz, Enterprise...

6.) And what about going out for a work lunch? Well, if you're not working from home...your back seats still work, and you're probably going within a 12 minute drive. You've got work to do, right? And why don't your colleagues have transportation? Not your fault someone got a DUI...they can ride in the back.

DISCLAIMER - this post is the point of view of a man with four kids, ages 27, 20, 13 and 8. Only the 13 year old and 8 year old will be in the 2 door Bronco for any extended time - the older ones have cars. So does my wife. Marry a woman who can drive.

The above has been tested with 2-door vehicles that include a Jeep Wrangler, MINI Cooper, BMW 3 coupe, and Fiat Abarth 500.

Oh yeah...try to live near your kid's school, too. Really, anything is do-able for 3 miles or less.
My Mom Made me. My brother ride in the hatch area of a 75 280z for several years when we were kids. And we lived!
Forgive me for Forgetting about all the car seat laws nowadays! I understand the Mordor Thing!
In a perfect world a 2 and 4 door would be the ticket, and a classic Gen 1
Sponsored