Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Early 30s. Not married/no kids. Went 4 door, never even considered 2 door.

My SUV is my daily and I need the ability to carry stuff. Not just a large cooler, camping gear, my 115lb dog, my girlfriend. But when I need to pickup a large box somewhere or a quick run to home depot this is my vehicle to do it. I snowboard every weekend in the winter. Not being able to fit my snowboards inside is a massive problem. In Oregon you will have rain down low and snow up top. The bindings could be iced over once you get to the top of the mountain if I mounted on roof. If I had another hauler for that I'd likely have considered a 2 door as the shorter wheelbase is ideal for wheeling and I would have made the 2 door my around town fun vehicle and wheeler. Unfortunately I'm not at the point in my life where I can have two of the same types of vehicles (truck or SUV serve essentially the same purpose). I'd rather have an SUV to haul/daily/wheel and a 6MT BMW M4 for fun. Never have I thought "man I wish my Bronco had just a bit more storage capacity" I can bring anything and everything I want to maximize my adventures. But judging from the aftermarket (the biggest draw to Bronco to begin with) it looks like I made the best choice with 4dr. (P.S. I think 2 door owners are the only ones that are super excited that they have a 2 door. Am I wrong? During this whole 2 year ordering process the entire time I was thinking thank god I didn't want a 2 door. Still took 2 years though. :ROFLMAO: )

But a picture is worth 1000 words

Ford Bronco Age and Reason  for 2door and 4door  buyers 3C0F21C7-2A30-42B3-BC99-30F41242BC66
Sponsored

Last edited:

Joez60421

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fleet of Toyota 4runners and Land Cruisers
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Was 35 and wife 31 when we reserved, one kid who was 5 at the time. We went 2 door after driving a 4runner as that's what we wanted. Kiddo was out of a carseat and can get herself in and out no problem just like she does with my 1st gen 4runner. So we now have two, two door, manual transmission suvs, plus a Land Cruiser that while is 4 door, is only a 3 seater. We are pretty adept at packing light for long trips, leveraging backpacking gear and all available space without issue. Can't wait to take it out west for 12 days this spring.

ClaviusBase

Outer Banks
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sasquatch Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Because it looks like a bronco. If I wanted a vehicle that didn't look like a bronco and had more room, I'd have bought a truck.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was originally a 2dr, then after evaluating our situation back in 2020/2021, we switched to a 4dr. 2 kids at the time (5 and 2) and lugging around all their necessities drove that decision, plus we owned a 4dr Kia Optima at the time and really needed the extra space of the 4dr Bronco, since I was used to a 4dr F150.

Fast forward to last November (kids are 7 and 4), we traded in the Optima for a 2019 Explorer with 3 rows of seats and 2nd row captains chairs, so my better half gave me the go ahead to order a 2dr. Secret between me and all the forum members here, is I already made that decision, but her telling me she thought it would be ok on her own, was a big plus. We don't need this vehicle to be a grocery/kid hauler, so it's our date night vehicle.

So, I'll be getting an Eruption Green BD 2dr in the next 2-3 months (🤞).

Quitefrankly

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

31 - 1 kid/golden 4 door. Looks like a Bronco still guys - sorry it's not more "sportsy" but its def more fun than any other vehicle I've owned so far.

I think the 2 door is a great option without babies. Also my dog enjoys his space - always have in other SUVs so he enjoys the big back trunk space that the 4 door provides.

Sponsored

Bigred86

Black Diamond
First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2016 Harley Davidson Sportster48
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

36 yo, not planning on having children. Its just the fiancé and I so a 2 door works for us. She has a '23 Kia Sportage so we can take that out if we need more room. Also I like the look of the 2 door more that the 4 door.

ThisGuy611

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E90 M3 6spd Sedan; EG Base Scheduled 3/27
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

28 - 2 door. Coming from two M3's back to back (and a brief Wrangler stint before my brother took it), I wanted something fun and sporty I can look back on with pride when I'm done crawling the local malls.

Put the 2.7l in a base too, so it's the lightest weight bronco with the biggest non-raptor engine.

IDAbronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
36 married, no kids. But plan on adding 1-2 in the near future. 2 large dogs as well. Based on dogs and future kids the 2 door was never an option. It had to be family friendly for it to work for us. Even though we use the wife's Palisade as our primary family car, we still want the option to load the family up in the bronco for a day trip or camping trip.

Caltec

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Corvette Grand Sport, 2021 Bronco 2dr OB SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
74 and have only had 9 vehicles that were 4 door of the 48 vehicles that I have owned since getting my license in 1965. I am a 2dr kind of guy.

Badmommallama

Badlands
First Name
Candice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

52, husband has a 4 door truck. Kids are grown. I am having a midlife crisis. Everybody else can drive themselves. 💁‍♀️

2 doors all day.

Sponsored

JetG

First Edition
First Name
Jet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Macan Turbo w/PP & 2016 911 Turbo Vert
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Almost 50 I have both a 2dr LB FE and a 23 BLK Raptor.

mykoljay

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

43 with 2 kids 9 and 10 and now a puppy. I love the 2 door, just wish the trunk was an extra foot. And occasionally i have a 5th person and that sucks. Have a cargo box for ski trips which is still tight. Made it to beach trip with no problem, may add a basket above the spare tire.

soylent_green

Big Bend
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Bronco, 14 Raptor, 23 Big Bend, 23 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
62 wife 59.... ordered 2 door because we spend half our time in the city and tired of fighting for city parking for full sized trucks. :)

Power Man

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, F150, Mustang Conv, 69 Bronco. 62 Ec
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Great question. I am 77 and have owned 13 broncos…at least one of all gens. We waited 2 years, 2 weeks, and 2 days for our 2022 OBX 2 door. purchased a BD 4 door in February. I wanted the 2 door because they were all two doors. But, here is the next news. My next Bronco will be a 24 OBX 4 door with my two door as my trade.
My kids are grown and I'm getting my first 2 door vehicle since the 80's. I'm 59 years old.

broncodream

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2-door Wildtrak Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't think your general age/lifestyle assumptions always apply. I'm single without kids and had originally ordered a two-door and was dead set against a 4-door, claiming to all who would listen that the only real Bronco is a 2-door and that'd I'd rather not get one than buy the frumpy, less attractive 4-door. However, since I had hated driving my 21' Wrangler beyond belief I felt I needed to drive the Bronco for an extended period to be sure I would be okay with it. So I rented a 4-door Wildtrak from Turo and fell in love with the Bronco and the 4-door. For those of you who haven't gotten yours yet, while the 2-ddor is still sexier, the 4-door is seriously badass and more importantly has just enough room to be practical in any discernable way for stuff, dog(s), and to carry the occasional rear seat passenger. I was shocked how small the rear seat was in the 4-door. TBT I'm moving from a Camaro SS as my daily so having a bit more space was one of the reasons I wanted a truck like this.
Sponsored