Sponsored

All smiles (another hands on review, but brief)

6GSooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

OK, first of all, I'm stupid. Went to Moab last week, looking for Broncos the entire time. Completely forgot about Offroadeo. So, after 5 days in Moab and no Bronco sighting, on the day we left, we passed the resort hosting the Offroadeo. Then about 20 miles down the road, here they come... about 8 beautiful Broncos pass me by. I've been kicking myself since for not looking for Ford experiences in Moab. DOH.

Anyway, yesterday I finally got my hands on my dealer's mannequin. 4 door cyber orange Wildtrak with all the goodies, which is perfect, because that's what I ordered. Only difference is this one had a soft top and I ordered MIC.

Visually, first impressions were "wow, this thing is cool." My excitement level increased for the first time in a long while.

Driving it was great. It is comfortable, both the drive and the seats. I'm 6'2" and had plenty of legroom. The 2.7 has plenty of power for an offroad SUV. I was bracing myself to be disappointed, but was not. Having been a Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon with 3.5" lift and 35" tires previously, the ride quality doesn't even compare. The top was down, and I was surprised at the noise level, like, pleasantly surprised! It was actually not loud at all for a drop-top. I'm anxious to see how it is with the MIC and sound deadening.

Cyber orange isn't my thing, but there was a rapid red (which is what I ordered) F150 on the lot in the sunlight that will look killer on my Wildtrak. Having come from the Jeep, I was also surprised at how easy it is to get in and out of the Wildtrak with SAS. Comparatively, it's not that tall at all.

Interior plastics are plastic, whatever. They aren't bad. And if your Bronco gets dirty, you'll probably appreciate a durable surface. The large screen was awesome.

I sat in the second row and it was tight, but that was me at 6'2" with the driver's seat in my driving position.

I loved the large tailgate. And it feels solid. But easy access with that big 'gate.

Doors are surprisingly light, which is great if you take them off.

My only nitpick would be the lack of memory seats (wife is 5'2") and the dash graphics, but really that's a bunch of nothing.

Seats are WAY more comfortable than the Wrangler. And while I was vehemently opposed to the medium sandstone when it came out, I really didn't mind it in person. The only thing that still bothers me is the blue stitching and accents, but I assume it'll be easy to change the accents later.

Overall, extremely pleased. I'm still smiling. Now to just get that build email.........................................................................
Sponsored