Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy ZR2 Bison, JK Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

One thing I forgot to mention about my '72 is that it was produced on my Birthdate. It was born the same day I was as many of the parts are stamped with my birthday on them, and the vehicle left the factory in June 1972. So, when I buy my 2022, I want to pick it up on my Birthday as my 50th Birthday present. However, I am absolutely dying to get my hands on one and it will be really really hard to wait!!!
Cool story. I'm a newbie and getting my first Bronco for my 50th bday.
Sponsored

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

looks so easy and simple. no more tabs or screws. aftermarket dream. i'm thinking non sasquatch and then get 33's, aftermarket fenders and leveling kit if needed.
This is what I want to do with the Base model. You think we will need different fenders? Sorry, new to all this and trying to learn

Last edited:

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is what I want to do with the Base model. You think we will need different fenders? Sorry, new to all this and trying to learn
depending on the laws in your area, but i know in ontario, you cannot have tires sticking out past the fender. so with non-sasq package you get the narrow fenders and a 315 width tires IE:35s will stick out past the narrow fender and you'll need the wider fender to cover the entire tire.

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

depending on the laws in your area, but i know in ontario, you cannot have tires sticking out past the fender. so with non-sasq package you get the narrow fenders and a 315 width tires IE:35s will stick out past the narrow fender and you'll need the wider fender to cover the entire tire.
Yeah that makes sense. Just wondering if 33's would work mechanically speaking, i.e. no rub

2ndround

Wildtrak
First Name
Harl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I dont know I would actually take that part off often. I do really like this combo. Either paint, plasti-dip, or wrap if I cant get it in white. so sharp...

I love that white cage and roof. I hope that is an option. I had an orange '77 with white roof and miss it all the time

Sponsored

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Why would the back roof panel need two people to remove it if it is light weight according to the article?
I personally could remove my 1975 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 hard top by myself. It was huge, made of steel and fiberglass and heavy. Not easy to do by myself, but I did it. I got underneath it in the middle and just squatted it up and walked off the back of the truck. Im 6'3" so that probably helped, but by the looks of it, I can almost guarantee I can remove the Bronco hard top by myself.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My '72 is going through a Frame Off restoration and the planned color was to be Olive Drab Green with a lot of Blackout elements. Now that the new models are out, and I am planning on a 2022 2DR Model with the Badlands package and painted in Area 51 and a few other tweaks. My thoughts are now wandering to possibly painting my '72 with Area 51 and working to match up a lot of the elements between both vehicles. My wife and I plan to roll out to car shows with them in 2 years. I ask all of you if that is a good idea, or a lame ass idea?
I would only paint your 72 in a Ford color that was offered then, but Im a purist, so...

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes, what I said about the fenders applies to both the front and rear fenders. As you mentioned, you can see the bolts along the top edge of the rear fender when the roof is off.
Im thinking that people are confusing fender FLARES with fenders AND quarter panels with fenders.

Fenders are in the front, quarter panels are in the rear, and fender FLARES are all around.

Im sure the the fender FLARES are easily removed, but I think that's the extent of it.

Just because you can see some bolts holding the fenders on, doesn't mean they are "easily removed". Why would I need to remove the actual fenders or quarter panels anyway?

Maybe Im wrong, but...

Sponsored

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im thinking that people are confusing fender FLARES with fenders AND quarter panels with fenders.

Fenders are in the front, quarter panels are in the rear, and fender FLARES are all around.

Im sure the the fender FLARES are easily removed, but I think that's the extent of it.

Just because you can see some bolts holding the fenders on, doesn't mean they are "easily removed". Why would I need to remove the actual fenders or quarter panels anyway?

Maybe Im wrong, but...
@laj.tuxmek said the fenders were easily removable with a wrench

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You're wrong.
Got a link?

Im certainly not wrong about people confusing fender flares with fenders. The OP of this thread said the "fenders" were easily removable without tools, when showing the pics of the tabs that twist, when he clearly meant the fender flares.

Besides, I still don't know why the actual fenders being easily removable is some sort of selling point anyway. If the front fenders are removed in order to add some high clearance Baja fenders, its not like I'm gonna be swapping them in and out all the time anyway. Im going to do it once and then that's it, right?

Last edited:

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do you work for Ford? Are you privy to information that the public isn't yet? Not doubting you, Im just trying to understand.

Im also trying to think of a vehicle on which I cant see the fender bolts when I pop the hood. I can see them on all my Land Cruisers and my Excursion....etc, etc...

Seeing the fender bolts doesn't tell me a whole lot about how easy it is to remove the fender.

OpenAir25

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most front fenders on cars and trucks are removable. Getting them off can be a pain on newer cars though.

Most rear quarter panels are not removable without cutting the steel :)

This is going to be awesome to be able to bolt on a new quarter if things get rough on the trail, or someone hits it in the parking lot (my current car is all dinged up from parking lots).

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Do you work for Ford? Are you privy to information that the public isn't yet? Not doubting you, Im just trying to understand.

Im also trying to think of a vehicle on which I cant see the fender bolts when I pop the hood. I can see them on all my Land Cruisers and my Excursion....etc, etc...

Seeing the fender bolts doesn't tell me a whole lot about how easy it is to remove the fender.
Yes, he works for Ford, and has been a reliable inside source on this forum for a while now.
Sponsored