Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 bronco, 18 silverado, 11 taurus, 01 wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am stoked for my 2 door Basesquatch but share in OP's frustration. I am on my 4th FSB since age 17 (35 years ago) and can't wait to add my G6 to the fleet. I was undecided for a while but finally reserved 12/7/20. The latest obstacle in my build is a dealer number change. My ford account information recently changed to:

SORRY TO HIT THE BRAKES
We apologize for the inconvenience, but (insert name here) Ford won't be taking online orders at this time. Though no need to worry - your Order number of 105XXXXX for your Bronco is still good. This just means you should contact your dealer directly to place your order to get you back in the fast lane.

I have contacted my dealer and was assured that my order is in and it was "just a dealer number change". The dealer said I have nothing to worry about. I beg to differ. Did their dealer number change effect their allocation? Did the switch change my reservation timestamp? I can't get answers to these questions from the dealer. My dealer just states "you have nothing to worry about". I hope that is true but think I should contact Ford customer service for peace of mind.

I am doing my best to remain excited but waiting over a year since reserving is frustrating as hell.
Sponsored

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Once I got my VIN and (initial) build week, I was able to relax knowing that it is on the horizon. Got pushed back a week, then got the initial Scheduled for Production email confirming that build week. Then the next week, got an email pushing it back a week. I’m currently at a build week of Feb 14 which I though would put me in at a mid or late March delivery. After seeing the posts about Feb deliveries slipping to May, I have no confidence that build week emails mean anything.

I am holding out hope that my BaseSquatch build is unaffected by the supposed chip and part shortages that high optioned models and trims may be held for. All speculation on my part but it keeps the hope alive for me anyways.

At any rate, at some point you become numb to the delays and lack of information. I’ve (mostly) accepted that it will get here when it gets here as I’ve only been delayed 2 weeks so far.

If I didn’t see the backdoor pizza tracker update with my initial build week back in Dec, I was going to explore other options. Bronco is cool, but I’ve been getting my hopes up and repeatedly dashed for 18 months now like many of us here. Takes the fun away and that’s the whole reason I’m getting the Bronco.

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Definitely sympathize. I was frustrated waiting for mine, too. But I reminded myself I didn't own a Bronco, I ordered one. I was out a few hundred bucks, not thousands. Ford could have done better, but I have friends who've ordered other vehicles who've also faced delays. The friction point for the Bronco is especially obvious because those of us who ordered in July of 2020 knew we were in for a wait not just for the manufacture of our specific Bronco, but the completion of the design and testing phase, tooling in the plants, training, etc. etc. all of which are unique to a brand new model of truck in a segment which is more or less a new one (at this point) for Ford.

I'm not trying to apologize for Ford here, but just sort of highlight the fact that a great deal of our delays were related to the fact that the product was announced long before it was intended to be ready, so the wait may feel extraordinarily long.

The Wildtrak has long been a tough model to get; no surprises there.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thank you for this honest post

85% of the threads at Bronco6g is BITCHING ... as in Bitching in line waiting for their Broncos.

This means Ford has hit a grand-slam with the Bronco. They managed to piss everyone off BUT very few leave.

Like all whom are still waiting on a vehicle we reserved, then ordered, almost two years ago I am frustrated, confused on a regular basis and pissed off. But I ordered a bronco because I wanted a bronco! Not a Jeep Rubicon 392 or other variation there of. Although the lack of communication from Ford to us is disappointing the lack of communication with their own retailers(dealerships) is appalling!
It's hard to watch other customers that have ordered their Bronco in the past 2-3 months taking delivery and I(we) are still waiting on our Broncos.
As for mine, WT 4dr, there have been many constraints: mod top unavailable until my23(which at the time seemed far off....not now though) tow, 2.7l etc....
We deserve better!
I will stay the course and wait it out. Some are going to get their my21 within 3-4 months of order banks opening up for my23! I feel for those customers.
I wish I sometimes hadn't been anticipating the NEW BRONCO return as much as I have......but......this will be my last new vehicle. I love it so
" I'm all in".....still

Last edited:

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm still interested in a Bronco, and very happy Ford entered the open top 4x4 market. But everyday less inclined to jump through any hoops for one, or even to pay msrp.

Plus I'm a utility rather than image buyer, and already get some of the same utility and fun from my current (albeit older) 4x4s. I wouldn't mind a Bronco as an update, but the need is less than some other folks who have no open top 4x4s.

Actually I'm going to the Chicago Auto Show this month, to see a different new vehicle coming out soon. So the Bronco delays might end up a good thing, if instead going that route. In that case, maybe I'll revisit Bronco availability next year, will see how the upcoming months go ...

Sponsored

AzGoat

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Frustrated but still all in 1643832090409

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Reactions: rws

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not going to say the line....but mine doesn't seem to be any worse for wear after it's detainment and I'm in love.

Ah ef it.

It's worth the wait.

7722 Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST/ 2019 F350 CC DRW 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm all in as well. Sold my '77 back in '87 with a blown motor, no money to fix it, young and dumb too. Fast forward to 2022, and here we are, 35 years later, anxiously awaiting my new '22 Wildtrak, fully loaded, 4 door. Pain in the butt for sure to be pushed 3 months further down the road on a built Bronco sitting on Ice Mountain along with everyone else. It'll happen sometime in the future we think, just glad this isn't a have to vehicle, just a want to, because it's a Bronco, vehicle.

rws

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW GTI, 2018 Silverado 1500 LT Z71
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just wait until it arrives and your dealer wants an extra ADM. :p
I try not to think about it... all the while knowing it's a very real possibility!
Sponsored