OP
72roadster

72roadster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I know you're not talking about the date and time on the email, but that actually is your timestamp.

Just bring up the email you got from Ford when you made the reservation. The day and time on the email is your timestamp if you're on Eastern time; otherwise, if you're in a different time zone, convert it to Eastern and you'll have it.

For example:
  1. Say you're on Mountain Time.
  2. The time and date on your "Congratulations on Your Reservation for a New Ford Bronco" says: "Tue, Jul 14 at 1:27 PM"
  3. Add two hours to make it Eastern Time
  4. Your timestamp is "7/14/2020 3:27:00 PM."
Does anyone have a timestamp that does not correspond to the date and time on the email? I could be wrong.
Its a good date to go off of, but I'd probably go by what is in the api response over the email time, its probably only a few seconds difference in most cases, but there are a number of reasons why the time of the email could be much different from the reservation in the database.
Sponsored

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Its a good date to go off of, but I'd probably go by what is in the api response over the email time, its probably only a few seconds difference in most cases, but there are a number of reasons why the time of the email could be much different from the reservation in the database.
Okay, yeah, I noticed my email does not include seconds, but my actual timestamp does. So it could be off by 59 seconds.

I've compared email dates/times and timestamps with several people and they seem to be consistent. Of course, there could be other factors, I guess.

OP
OP
72roadster

72roadster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Okay, yeah, I noticed my email does not include seconds, but my actual timestamp does. So it could be off by 59 seconds.

I've compared email dates/times and timestamps with several people and they seem to be consistent. Of course, there could be other factors, I guess.
Its definitely easiest to get to. And Its probably accurate most of the the time.

A lot of times the systems that process these types of orders and sending emails use "queues" and those queues can get overwhelmed and backed up. Not that ford's systems ever get overwhelmed ;) just saying that if if was built that way, and i would build it that way, then the sending of the email would be a separate "job" queued for later, and could happen much later than when the order got saved. Theoretically minutes, even hours. Thats all i meant. But again its probably close enough most of the time.

Reactions: sjp

c2one

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Time stamps are probably based on Greenwich Meant Time (GMT) which is the baseline time zone, not the local time zone where you are. Chances are, it will always be ahead of you (if you're in North America), meaning while it's still today where you are, it may be tomorrow there..

Sponsored
OP
OP
72roadster

72roadster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Time stamps are probably based on Greenwich Meant Time (GMT) which is the baseline time zone, not the local time zone where you are. Chances are, it will always be ahead of you (if you're in North America), meaning while it's still today where you are, it may be tomorrow there..
Basically yeah same as UTC, Developers hate timezones, and don't get me started on Daylight savings.

+0000 is the "offset" from UTC
EDT is currently -4
https://www.time.gov/

c2one

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Makes perfect sense now. I reserved mine 4 minutes after the hour, I’m in central time so that was 7:04 pm.

the time stamp is 00:04:13 - I’m now realizing the time stamp is hh:mm:ss

So 7:04 PM CST is 12:04 AM UTC - the next day.

ohhhhhhhhhhh. Ok. Duh.

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your good. My email was received 7/13 22:06 (central) with a date of 7/14 on the email.

From the dealer side, mine shows 7/14 (and no time) in WBDO:

07/14/2020CreatedBronco
WILDTRAK / 4 Door
$100.00

And in the Reservation to order program page it shows 7/13 with a time:

RESERVATIONRes. Submitted CREATEDWeb$100.0007/13/2020 23:06No

That said the orders are all in order by date/time on WBDO even though it only lists a date. (on second one you can sort by any of the columns including reservation date/time).

BD1

Badlands
First Name
BD1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IF you are savvy with dev tools in your browser, You can look at the api call that is made when you load your reservations page
it will have a json response that has a created timestamp. Its probably in UTC

TLDR Open Dev tools, load your reservration page, look at the network tab in dev tools
see request for something like https://apigtw.ford.com/oneford/api/gep/USA/reservations/10.....
Any idea on how to do this on a Mac in Safari? I opened up Inspect but I am not finding it.

OP
OP
72roadster

72roadster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Any idea on how to do this on a Mac in Safari? I opened up Inspect but I am not finding it.
Ford Bronco Allocation/Reservation Summary and "Real" World Example 1602510197092
Go to preferences in safari
make sure the box at bottom is checkied
then Cmd+Shift+I will show the tab

I dunno why they disable it by default

Reactions: BD1

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@72roadster this is the best explanation of allocation formula I was able to find on the forum. I wonder if you planned to update based on the new memo from Ford?

50% of reservations will be fulfilled based on a calculation using the dealers number of bronco reservations
50% of reservation will be fulfilled based on a calculation using the dealer's number of bronco reservations with a time stamp before Sept. 18th which converted to an order

I think showing how the 9/18 date is actually applied (i.e. it's not a hard cutoff for MY2021 versus MY2022, it's a change to the allocation formula) might help clear up some confusion.

You might also add in somewhere that prior to order banks opening, Ford will provide dealers with an "initial allocation forecast" that is only based on reservations with a pre-9/18 timestamp. Final allocations will be based on converted orders as of Jan 31, 2021.

Thanks a bunch for pulling this together. I'm in the middle of a dealer switch (I'm moving from Texas to Illinois in early 2021). So I've been trying to figure out how to factor in the new memo to my dealer decision and your explanation of the allocation formula was super helpful.

Ultimately, I think my decision will be mostly based on customer service not how soon I get my Bronco. But I really do need this Bronco sooner rather than later. I've been waiting for the Bronco for a much needed update from a sedan to an SUV. We just can't get our camping gear in our Corolla with two kids (one in a carseat that looks more like a throne).

Delasangre

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Historically ford has prioritize higher trim production first. Its plausible first editions will be first off the line etc
Problem is 3 out of 4 reservations are Badlands which is the 2nd highest trim not counting FE
Sponsored