First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just watched the BN livestream and a few questions and thoughts came up.

Do dealer allocations reset with model year or do they get all new allocations yearly? When a dealer fills all of their allocations (I know not likely with this production rate) when do they get more? Further, since a lot of us dumped the MIC to get bumped up, clearly a ton of allocations went to reservation holders way back in the line which further delays the MIC holdout buyers. It will take a miracle to get a Bronco before this time next year if you have anything later than a Sept 2020 reservation, especially with a MIC because there will be no allocations left.

Is my thought process off, wouldn't be faster to order a soft top and get the MIC later at the end of 2022. Obviously it will cost a bit more but if you want a MIC and tow and lux you are going to get kicked back and back until no allocations remain. Then what?

Of course on the livestream they were talking in circles per usual and not addressing this allocation fiasco. I've got a build date but jeez, later reservation holders are gonna be in for a long wait.
Sponsored

OtisFE

Outer Banks
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you already have a build date why does it matter to you?

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do dealer allocations reset with model year or do they get all new allocations yearly? When a dealer fills all of their allocations (I know not likely with this production rate) when do they get more? Further, since a lot of us dumped the MIC to get bumped up, clearly a ton of allocations went to reservation holders way back in the line which further delays the MIC holdout buyers. It will take a miracle to get a Bronco before this time next year if you have anything later than a Sept 2020 reservation, especially with a MIC because there will be no allocations left.

Is my thought process off, wouldn't be faster to order a soft top and get the MIC later at the end of 2022. Obviously it will cost a bit more but if you want a MIC and tow and lux you are going to get kicked back and back until no allocations remain. Then what?

Of course on the livestream they were talking in circles per usual and not addressing this allocation fiasco. I've got a build date but jeez, later reservation holders are gonna be in for a long wait.
Yep. I’ve been kicking around the idea of going soft top and leaning on the aftermarket to catch up over the next couple years to buy a hardtop. I’m gambling that it’d be similar quality or better to the MIC tops we’re seeing. I know they’re not all bad, but I don’t trust they’ve fixed the problems (visual and production capacity) in less than 2 months.

Only thing I’m considering that could be a problem is SAS and tow depending on if it’s Base or Black Diamond.

smrpilot

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Silverado 3500HD, '68 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly, I don't think they know either. I watched the stream too, and the only time they got close to touching an "answer was when Jordan put his commodities variable in there, even then they didn't answer.

I want to know if dealer "a" had 100 '21 orders but only got allocated 25, and only received 5. Assumed they got a similar deal from Ford for '22, would they get 25+20 so 40? Now with the new formula, say they are a smaller guy, so their allocation is reduced and only 10 for '22, would they get 30? 10? What about all those original existing orders? New orders?

Now those who've been forced from 21 to 22, but might want to at least wait for the new model perk (i.e Raptor, Everglades, slide out tailgate). But those are late availability and very limited it sounds like. Will it just be media influencers and dealer's VIP's that get a crack at those?

TtotheZ

Outer Banks
First Name
Tirzah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon, Charger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

I wasn't able to catch the live stream. Did they say anything about tow and/or lux still being a constraint?

Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly, I don't think they know either. I watched the stream too, and the only time they got close to touching an "answer was when Jordan put his commodities variable in there, even then they didn't answer.

I want to know if dealer "a" had 100 '21 orders but only got allocated 25, and only received 5. Assumed they got a similar deal from Ford for '22, would they get 25+20 so 40? Now with the new formula, say they are a smaller guy, so their allocation is reduced and only 10 for '22, would they get 30? 10? What about all those original existing orders? New orders?

Now those who've been forced from 21 to 22, but might want to at least wait for the new model perk (i.e Raptor, Everglades, slide out tailgate). But those are late availability and very limited it sounds like. Will it just be media influencers and dealer's VIP's that get a crack at those?
My you know what, just told me today when I was in his office, that he had 20 allocations leftover for 2021 and that yes in fact they do roll over. So in addition to the month by month allocation as they are doing it in 2022 he will also have his 20 rollovers so to speak.

OP
OP
pakrat

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you already have a build date why does it matter to you?
My brother is holding out and so are a few friends.
Sponsored