Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

See the Amber running lights in the grill. But has anybody installed the old school way on top of windshield? With 3-5 small ones across the top. Not large fog or spot lights but the small ones like people put into the grills

Please post pics if you do.
Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

See the Amber running lights in the grill. But has anybody installed the old school way on top of windshield? With 3-5 small ones across the top. Not large fog or spot lights but the small ones like people put into the grills

Haven't seen just the individual cab marker lights.

There is also some ( 🙋‍♂️) that want an old school Lund sunvisor/moonvisor
Ford Bronco Amber running lights on top of windshield 1702046171116

The only integrated lighting (not what you are looking for nor I) is the Oracle Windshield Roof LED Light Bar.

Reactions: Jb7

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Old school roof running lights...haven't seen these for years. Probably pretty tough to install unless you're comfortable drilling holes.

e34john

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
e10, e30, e34
Your Bronco Model
Base
I saw a G Wagen that had small LEDs built into it's roof racks. Been looking for something similar for the Bronco. Might look pretty good with reds in the rear and amber in front.

Sponsored

Wtb13000

Wildtrak
First Name
Wyatt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is the closest I could get. Oracle integrated visor and light bar.
Ford Bronco Amber running lights on top of windshield 1000003384
Ford Bronco Amber running lights on top of windshield 1000003384
Nice. Thanks for sharing.

How was the install process and what is your opinion of fit and finish?
Do you have have a shot of the seam, point of connection with the roof? I’d also be curious of a direct side shot to see how far the overhang is on the windshield. Wonder what “standard” overhang size was on some of the older style trucks.

I personally think the front cowl and amber running light appearance has a definitely place with the Bronco’s squared out and retro looks and wish there were more options.

ZapMflash

Base
First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base(ish)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm happy with the fit and finish. It took about an hour to install and it was easy to do by myself. There are a couple of nuisance issues though. A small one is the plugs for the mounting holes are not a press fit and I've heard complaints that some people have lost them going down the road, I just added a spot of glue on them to help hold them in and haven't had any problems. The second is the center will buckle a bit as you can see in the pictures in direct sunlight due to thermal expansion, Oracle has addressed this with a V2 design but I'm not sure of the success rate. It really needs an expansion joint but it's not so bad that it's damaging my visor or annoys me too much, once it gets airflow over it it goes back to normal. Otherwise I'm very happy with it. It doesn't reach out nearly as far as the old fiberglass visors or the 70-80's but I like the look of it and it doesn't interfere with my vision at stop lights which was an issue with those old visors. It's just retro enough for me.
Ford Bronco Amber running lights on top of windshield 1000003134
Ford Bronco Amber running lights on top of windshield 1000003133
Ford Bronco Amber running lights on top of windshield 1000003094
Ford Bronco Amber running lights on top of windshield 1000003091

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1976 Bronco, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I did the same as ZapMflash. Install was simple and straight forward if you tap into the Aux Switches, it’s more involved if you want to tap into the DRL circuit which is what I did (good article on this site for tapping into this behind the drivers side headlight). I did buy the separate loom from Oracle for this which simplified the install. There is a good video on their website for the full install but it’s easy.

Ford Bronco Amber running lights on top of windshield IMG_3182
Sponsored