Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How’s everyone routing their amp power to the rear? Trying to figure out the best/easier way since my passenger trim is taken apart.

I couldn’t easily see if there was a rubber grommet on the passenger firewall like the drivers side.

Can you route it behind the dash?

Any tips and pics would be great.

I have the 2.7 as well.
Sponsored

Fishwrinkle

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 GC overland 5.7, 18 GC srt 6.4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I ran both amps down the driver side cuz the battery is there along with a firewall grommet and it’s a shoerter run that way for 2ga wire. While your under the hood might look at adding a distribution block. Mounted my lc7i in the glove box and ran rcas down the passenger.

vicorjh

Wildtrak
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I couldn’t easily see if there was a rubber grommet on the passenger firewall like the drivers side.
I believe that I'd seen a grommet but it may be just as sensible to route it from left to right under/along the dash stuff to the drivers side grommet. The battery is on that side anyhow.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is a grommet on both the driver side and the passenger side of the firewall. The driver side is much easier to get to.

if you have an automatic transmission there is an additional oval-shaped rubber plug on the driver side that is available. And very easy to get through. (With the manual transmission that space is occupied by the clutch pedal hardware.)

I personally went down the drivers side. Video available in this thread below. ~32 minute mark is where I run the power.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...rade-trim-panel-removal-kicker-install.72862/

OP
OP

BRONBO

Outer Banks
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There is a grommet on both the driver side and the passenger side of the firewall. The driver side is much easier to get to.

if you have an automatic transmission there is an additional oval-shaped rubber plug on the driver side that is available. And very easy to get through. (With the manual transmission that space is occupied by the clutch pedal hardware.)

I personally went down the drivers side. Video available in this thread below. ~32 minute mark is where I run the power.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...rade-trim-panel-removal-kicker-install.72862/
I ran the 200.4 power through that grommet, it was easy and straightforward. The issue I have had so far was getting that b pillar off so I was trying to avoid doing that a 2nd time on the drivers side. Passenger side is already off.

I was hoping to pull the wire under/across the dash but since I'm not sure what's back there, don't want to create any issues.

Your videos have been extremely helpful so far! Everything has gone pretty smoothly with my install.

Sponsored

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ran a 2/0 awg wire through the grommet/nipple that Ford recommends. I used a flexible right angle extension on the drill to get the bit down there.

In the cargo area I split the 2/0 to two 1/0 gauge cables. One feeds the amp and the other feeds my battery bank.

Ford Bronco Amp power route Bronco Equipment Installation Guide - Wiring Pass Through Locations-1

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ran the 200.4 power through that grommet, it was easy and straightforward. The issue I have had so far was getting that b pillar off so I was trying to avoid doing that a 2nd time on the drivers side. Passenger side is already off.
The B-pillar is a pain, but if you don’t have a connector on your wire you should be able to feed through the without removing that B-pillar trim piece.

Also agree with @Aman’s idea. If you are going to be powering more than just a single amplifier… I would feed through a higher gauge cable and put a small distribution block in the driver footwell somewhere. That’s on my to-do list at some point.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I ran a 2/0 awg wire through the grommet/nipple that Ford recommends. I used a flexible right angle extension on the drill to get the bit down there.

In the cargo area I split the 2/0 to two 1/0 gauge cables. One feeds the amp and the other feeds my battery bank.

Ford Bronco Amp power route Bronco Equipment Installation Guide - Wiring Pass Through Locations-1
I have 4 wires running through that grommet now, including the 2/0 for my amp, room for more! Very happy to have that easy access.
Sponsored