Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Dear Ford,

I can understand why Ford Motor Company (FMC) is unwilling to deliver Ford Broncos with defective tops (cosmetic or otherwise). Lots of excuses and rationalizations have been made as to why Dirt Mountain storage is the best path forward; however, this is not in the best interest of the customer or FMC.

Holding the Broncos at the Dirt Mountain storage complex exposes FMC to unnecessary liability and risk due to possible environmental hazards as well as potential unforseen hazards that could cause thousands of dollars in damage to the vehicles that Ford is currently holding. It is also causing additional hardship to some FMC customers, is a source of frustration for nearly all of the #BadBatchBronco owners, and is generating a great deal of unfavorable publicity for FMC.

There is a solution that may not have been seriously considered by FMC and I urge you to take this to FMC leadership as a possible opportunity to generate a more favorable response from customers.

The solution that I propose is a low cost alternative that reduces risk, increases the likelihood of customer satisfaction, and would increase profits through accessory sales. It consists of three important factors.

1. Ship all Dirt Mountain Broncos to the dealer with hardtops as built.

2. Require either the installation of the replacement V2 hardtop or require the purchase and installation of a softtop prior to the dealer delivering the vehicle to the customer. This would prevent the delivery of flawed tops, meet any regulatory requirements to supply hardtop equipped vehicles, and protect Ford's reputation as to the quality of the Bronco product line.

3. Ship replacement tops to dealers stacked on top of existing Bronco deliveries (these tops are designed to be stacked for shipping). This would essentially negate any significant costs of shipping tops to the dealerships separately and would allow local replacement of the tops by the local dealerships.

I urge Ford leadership to consider this plan as opposed to continuing to store Broncos at the Dirt Mountain storage complex at great risk to FMC. Delivery will increase customer satisfaction, decrease exposure to liability, and increase accessory sales for your dealership partners.

I cannot fathom how Ford can justify the cost and risk of continued Dirt Mountain Storage of the #BadBatchBroncos. I say this as a loyal and current owner of a Ford vehicle, as well as the owner of many previous Ford vehicles, please find a better way forward.

Sincerely,

Mark Peugeot
2021 Bronco 1FMDE5CP2MLA76229
Sponsored

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
you drive a Ferrari and still think that Ford hasn’t already considered that option with $millions on the line as well as their reputation?

OP
OP
mpeugeot

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
you drive a Ferrari and still think that Ford hasn’t already considered that option with $millions on the line as well as their reputation?
Not when such an easy solution to the bad publicity exists. Attack the solution, not me personally, what is wrong with the proposed solution?

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm pretty sure the dealers want nothing to do with having to switch out even more than the already delivered MIC tops. And deal with disposing or returning or what ever the plan is defective ones. Plus I'm sure you can't just stack a couple more tops on top of a Bronco on top of a train or trailer, they would need to be boxed to protect from the environment. Also a logistical nightmare. Add one or the other new top damaged in transfer, causing even more hickups. I'm sure they thought about all the possible ideas, they want nothing more than hand you your keys after you hand over your $.

Not gonna happen. Hopefully the new tooling works out at Webasto and they can start cranking these out, run 3 shifts if necessary.

Plus the PR hit is pretty small, most people won't care one bit and it'll be forgotten half way to tomorrow.

Sponsored
OP
OP
mpeugeot

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not gonna happen. Hopefully the new tooling works out at Webasto and they can start cranking these out, run 3 shifts if necessary.

Plus the PR hit is pretty small, most people won't care one bit and it'll be forgotten half way to tomorrow.
Appreciate the thoughtful response, however, hope is definitely not a good plan (and if hope is Ford's plan, I am worried). Ford better already have this sorted out by now.

As far as the PR hit, 6 months of Dirt Mountain Bronco Badges, is not going to go away anytime soon.

Dirt-Mountain (1).png

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not when such an easy solution to the bad publicity exists. Attack the solution, not me personally, what is wrong with the proposed solution?
I didn’t mean to attack you personally. Just frustrated that people here keep trying to solve these big issues when Ford probably has their top people dealing with this fiasco. I am sure your idea has been considered and reconsidered.

I don’t profess to understand the manufacturer and dealer relationship nuances, but i can’t imagine dealers want to have this pushed upon them, and the eyes of the public now being in a position to see these hot new products at a dealer unable to be sold while solutions await coming to reality. Not to mention the recipients driving the dealers crazy just wanting to take it home and bring it back later.

Again, I apologize as I was guilt early on of wanting to write Ford on my reservation and lack of communications and the corresponding displeasures. At some point I just realized they have infinite more stake in this than I do and i know they are desperately trying to dig out of this mess and are considering ALL options.

☮

OP
OP
mpeugeot

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I didn’t mean to attack you personally. Just frustrated that people here keep trying to solve these big issues when Ford probably has their top people dealing with this fiasco. I am sure your idea has been considered and reconsidered.

I don’t profess to understand the manufacturer and dealer relationship nuances, but i can’t imagine dealers want to have this pushed upon them, and the eyes of the public now being in a position to see these hot new products at a dealer unable to be sold while solutions await coming to reality. Not to mention the recipients driving the dealers crazy just wanting to take it home and bring it back later.

Again, I apologize as I was guilt early on of wanting to write Ford on my reservation and lack of communications and the corresponding displeasures. At some point I just realized they have infinite more stake in this than I do and i know they are desperately trying to dig out of this mess and are considering ALL options.

☮

No need to apologize, I know that this is a hard time for everyone, but I do appreciate you taking the time to say something. That said, this was written to generate response and I have a thick skin.

I am sure that I don't have the right answer and I am sure that others can and will find issues with it. I also expect that others (including FMC) will have better solutions. I certainly hope that the Dirt Mountain storage isn't the best answer that can be developed (although it may be the best answer so far).

So no harm, no foul, I appreciate the responses!

Sponsored

Bulletbill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

☮
It has been referenced that Ford only acknowledged the problem after news broke of the video footage of dirt mountain that was posted on B6G.

I actually thought he had a solid idea. Not to mention, you may think Ford has thought of this and ruled it out, but without being in their boardroom, how would you know.

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A little dirt won't hurt my vehicle. In fact, chances are its going to get quite dirty when I own it. I plan to drive it to places where there are lots of little critters that could chew wires, crawl up on the tires, and may even occasionally crash through the grill. Ford, make mine right before you ship it because I only want it in the shop for regularly scheduled maintenance as I have places to be getting it very dirty.

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I agree with this, it also protects them and keeps us happy if the new time frame doesn't go well for whatever reason and things get delayed even more. I'd be MUCH happier rolling around in my temp soft top until Ford can get me a replacement hard top, even if it's end of next year. Anyway, here's a petition we can use to try and get their attention: http://chng.it/FvbKt9m8