Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Of course, I will admit that I want my Bronco delivered. It's paid for already, so that seems to be a reasonable expectation for them to provide what I paid for... Do you think that they should hold my money and my Bronco?

Your sarcasm is noted, it's nearly as strong as the self-importance you convey.

Still to address the point, sure, some of the delays were due to factors beyond the what would be typical in any other time. I believe that many people have given Ford the benefit of the doubt multiple times with regards to multiple issues (including me). Even down to something as simple as the tow hitches... sure, you didn't get the number of tow hitches on time to build Broncos with tow packages. Ok, got it. Not a big deal, a little delay here and a little delay there.

This is totally different because they knew about the problem and the seriousness of the problem with these tops MONTHS ago. Broncos have been sitting without any action for over 45 days now. They built mine with a bad top knowing that they were not going to ship it in AUGUST.

Are you saying that Ford hasn't botched the launch? Recent press would suggest otherwise.

Now you are saying that people need to walk away from Ford and move on if they think Ford botched the launch? Are you sure you don't work for Ford, maybe even for Mike Levine directly??? I am sure that some people have and that others will do exactly that.

Yes, Ford botched the launch, to say differently is ridiculous.
I posted in another thread how COVID might have affected the MIC top issue. Just speculation on my part.

Outside of the top issue, launching during COVID was a serious business challenge, that on hindsight, probably should have not been attempted as a cyber-launch. Working with the information on the pandemic in early 2020, you or I may have made the same decision Ford did; hard to say at this point.

If I was Ford, I wouldn't cyber-launch any new model. The franchise distribution business model used by the major manufacturers doesn't work well with cyber ordering. That's the real lesson learned IMO.
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
While we can make entertaining and stupid "makes an ass out of you an me" quips, the real situation is Ford has a shitload of inventory built, which is called "investment" and it needs to transfer that investment to revenue. So I doubt that some dumbass middle manager in the Ford bronco team has just said, "Well shit, let's stick all this unsold inventory in a fucking gravel pit and hope it doesn't get fucked up".

Dirt Mountain-1.jpg

Dirt Mountain-2.jpg

Wonder what your 30 years of experience says about these pictures taken yesterday?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Dirt Mountain-1.jpg

Dirt Mountain-2.jpg

Wonder what your 30 years of experience says about these pictures taken yesterday?
I thought I saw a video earlier today that showed Broncos being driven out of there? :oops:

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Dirt Mountain-1.jpg

Dirt Mountain-2.jpg

Looks like a decent, low cost, short term vehicle storage location?

I'll play your game. Where would you store the production output? You've provided no evidence that Ford could have chosen a better location to protect the Bronco production from damage.

Now there's another thread that the inventory is being moved from Mount Dirt and the cries are now "my Bronco will have too many miles on it and the driver is going to fart in the seat."

What's your Ph.D solution? ;)

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Broncos that are/were in that lot will be repaired and at dealers before the 2022's, making the wait time argument moot. Yeah, those VIN holders get shafted, but no more than people who don't have VINS (they are waiting the same extra time for the roofs to be built right), just the extra amount from having the 'built soon' rug pulled out from under them (the degree of said extra shafting is up for debate), but the extra wait time is already locked in, even if shipped to a clean room, they wouldn't get them until the roofs are fixed. No fix for lost time, again renders OP's complaint about suffering more due to time loss moot.

The trucks will be inspected, cleaned up, repaired, and will have a full warranty. Any hidden damage will most assuredly come up during the warranty period and be addressed. That takes care of the OP's damage concerns as well.

We come to the final and the only actual beef; they don't want to get a late 2021 when a month later the 2022's well be rolling out. It is exactly the same as them getting a December build VIN and then wanting to 99 it, then get right back in the front of the line for the 2022 MY. They want to send those late build trucks to the dealers to be ADM'd, thus making every single person behind them wait longer. That is not reasonable.

Anyone who argues that everyone should suffer/wait more and dealers should get late build hardtops (with the improved tops) before the 2022 reservations are filled just so they can, as previously mentioned in another post; get two bites at the apple, is wrong. Those vehicles are coming first, either we get them or dealers do.

If you wanted a 2022, could have 99'd, instead you risked getting a late 2021 build just like the rest of us. Now you want everyone to wait so you can go first in 2022. You decided to take the risk of getting a late 2021, live with the results of your choice like an adult, the other concerns are moot as referenced above.

A real 'solution' to those affected is an extended warranty on those particular vehicles. You got a 2021 MIC VIN, it will be delivered before the 2022 MIC's, all mechanical/cosmetic problems, should they even occur, will be addressed and warrantied. Congratulations on your new inaugural year Bronco!

Sponsored

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Still in the ship the 1.0 with a waiver camp, I was gonna ditch the hard top and go soft anyway, maybe some collector will pay for a piece of history

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I doubt that some dumbass middle manager in the Ford bronco team
I don't think there are any dumbass middle managers on the team...because they've all been promoted to senior management. But you hit the issue on the head...which is Ford's dearth of basic competence. Before they F'd up the launch, they F'd up the 6-year development and testing, the reservation process, and all communications since.

If you needed a pacemaker for your heart, would you buy one from Ford?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The Broncos that are/were in that lot will be repaired and at dealers before the 2022's, making the wait time argument moot. No fix for lost time, again renders OP's complaint about suffering more due to time loss moot.

That takes care of the OP's damage concerns as well.

We come to the final and the only actual beef; they don't want to get a late 2021 when a month later the 2022's well be rolling out.

If you wanted a 2022, could have 99'd, instead you risked getting a late 2021 build just like the rest of us.

A real 'solution' to those affected is an extended warranty on those particular vehicles.
Actually all that is moot, the problem I have is that the vehicle I paid for is needlessly waiting in a dirt lot because of a "cosmetic issue". I am paying for a vehicle that I cannot use, not because of a mechanical issue under warranty, but a cosmetic one. Ford is giving me no option other than to wait until they have produced and tested new tops which may or may not be available in the next several months.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looks like a decent, low cost, short term vehicle storage location?

I'll play your game. Where would you store the production output? You've provided no evidence that Ford could have chosen a better location to protect the Bronco production from damage.

Now there's another thread that the inventory is being moved from Mount Dirt and the cries are now "my Bronco will have too many miles on it and the driver is going to fart in the seat."

What's your Ph.D solution? ;)
And you will notice that I wasn't the one crying about mileage in that thread either. My solution was stated earlier in this thread.

Ship mine without the damn top (no additional cost to Ford) and provide me with a reasonable credit towards a soft top. Simple, easy, no cost to Ford. This is beyond ridiculous!
Basically, I want an alternative that we can opt in for that allows me to have my Bronco shipped as opposed to having no option other than to wait.

Last edited:

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford is giving me no option other than to wait until they have produced and tested new tops which may or may not be available in the next several months.
Ford is screwing 2,000 customers to save @$4-500 in shipping cost for MIC 2.0

Ship the damn Bronco NOW....hell; I'd gladly pay the shipping whenever you're ready.

Sponsored

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think the lot rot is being blown out of proportion. Cars routinely sit on dealer lots for months without any side effects. what are we talking about the bad batch maybe 6 months sitting. Maybe some will require a new battery. I guess if the top was leaking then yea maybe thats the worst case.
My Supra sat on my dealers front lawn from early August 2019 (with a big fat ADM dickey on it) to the end of April 2020 (when the world was ending and they sold it well under MSRP to me)

7 miles on it when I purchased it. No issues.

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ship the damn Bronco NOW....hell; I'd gladly pay the shipping whenever you're ready.
Freight shipping + paying dealers warranty hours + risk of stories about the bronco leaking and complaints against their brand reliability / bad press in general + risk someone comes to them with a warranty claim for water damage because the top leaked and they didn't pay attention to it etc

I know ford said the mic doesn't leak but considering how fast they're deteriorating, I wouldn't be surprised.

Most companies will not want to release an incomplete or defective vehicle to the public.

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Dirt Mountain-1.jpg

Dirt Mountain-2.jpg

Much to his point in a jit (just in time) world if you have enough parts to build complete vehicles, build them. Parts storages are useless as parts but assembled they have more value and are more easily moved.

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Um, if your shipping # is correct ford is saving 1 million dollars by holding and replacing. Makes good business sense to mitigate the hemorrhaging of cash.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Um, if your shipping # is correct ford is saving 1 million dollars by holding and replacing. Makes good business sense to mitigate the hemorrhaging of cash.
I'm sure you've seen the old commercial...."pay me now; or pay me later". Ford already slammed their dick in the door by mis-engineering the MIC top; if ever there was a company that deserved to pay a penalty its FOMOCO.
Sponsored