TN Bronco

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Range Rover Sport SC, 2005 Mercedes G55
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Why not allow those with built Broncos the choice of waiting and taking their current vehicle when all is fixed OR declining and be put back in the queue for a 2022 based on original timestamp? Zero cost to Ford, no one can complain they had to take a car that's been sitting (exposed to elements, too close to new model year, etc.), early reservations are still somewhat honored and dealers would love to have a few cancelled units to sell. I'm not sure why this hasn't been offered yet. Anyone ask?

Will this make everyone happy? No, nothing will, but everyone can at least agree it's a reasonable solution and everyone feels they had some choice in the matter. I have an FE sitting at MAP and would very much appreciate the option.
Sponsored

OP
OP
TN Bronco

TN Bronco

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I think you misunderstood. I agree. No shipping tops! Cars sit at MAP until fixed. We chose to wait for those or wait a little longer by being put in the 2022 queue.

Last edited:

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So... uhh... wait... what exactly are we solutioning for?

I think what you're saying is the two options are:
  1. Wait for a vehicle already produced to get a new top sometime in 2021.
  2. Give up your 2021 truck and wait until 2022.
But both of those options involve waiting... so I'm not sure I understand.

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Lawyers & Liability.....Just Saying

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So... uhh... wait... what exactly are we solutioning for?

I think what you're saying is the two options are:
  1. Wait for a vehicle already provided to get a new top sometime in 2021.
  2. Give up your 2021 truck and wait until 2022.
But both of those options involve waiting... so I'm not sure I understand.
Well, if it’s going to be December or later when I get my dirt mountain Bronco, I’d just as soon have ordered a MY22 and get the man squatch I wanted in the first place. I thought my MY21 would get here in 21. If I had known, I would have 99’d my order and got a man squatch for 22.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Nope. You wanted a first year model, you take it. Don’t push us MY22 buyers even further back. :LOL:

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the lot rot is being blown out of proportion. Cars routinely sit on dealer lots for months without any side effects. what are we talking about the bad batch maybe 6 months sitting. Maybe some will require a new battery. I guess if the top was leaking then yea maybe thats the worst case.

Bronco67

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 DR
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A lot of people completely changed their builds just to get a Bronco this year.. I mean completely changed their builds from trims, doors, color, engine, and add ons etc . A lot of those ppl will now STILL get a 2022, whether it’s sitting at MAP or yet to be built. Those changes are now possibly unnecessary sacrifices. I think this is a question/thread mostly for those ppl, on what you should do . 2 dr Hardtop here so it is what it is for me I’ll be getting a 22 no matter what.

For the Broncos already made, I do think it makes more sense to figure ‘something’ else out other than letting all of those new vehicles just sit outdoors in different weather/temperatures for who knows how long, but sending them to customers when they’re not ready is also a disaster waiting to happen.. it’s almost like a hole it’s hard to dig out of to find a solution now

Last edited:

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, if it’s going to be December or later when I get my dirt mountain Bronco, I’d just as soon have ordered a MY22 and get the man squatch I wanted in the first place. I thought my MY21 would get here in 21. If I had known, I would have 99’d my order and got a man squatch for 22.
Ah, valid point.

What a handful of people are doing at my dealer to combat this issue is place two orders... the first order they're modifying in an attempt to get it this year, while the second order is what they actually want.

If they get the first order this year, great... they can drive it for a year and then trade it in once their "real" order arrives. If not and it gets pushed back... just modify the first order and cancel the second.

It makes sense given that Broncos are going for 20-100% above MSRP right now. So there is a very good chance that Broncos will hold at least their MSRP value throughout most of 2022 until supply catches up to demand.

Sponsored

Utahbronco51

Base
First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why not allow those with built Broncos the choice of waiting and taking their current vehicle when all is fixed OR declining and be put back in the queue for a 2022 based on original timestamp? Zero cost to Ford, no one can complain they had to take a car that's been sitting (exposed to elements, too close to new model year, etc.), early reservations are still somewhat honored and dealers would love to have a few cancelled units to sell. I'm not sure why this hasn't been offered yet. Anyone ask?

Will this make everyone happy? No, nothing will, but everyone can at least agree it's a reasonable solution and everyone feels they had some choice in the matter. I have an FE sitting at MAP and would very much appreciate the option.
That is a possible solution, but Ford is going to do nothing but send us useless trinkets!

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ah, valid point.

What a handful of people are doing at my dealer to combat this issue is place two orders... the first order they're modifying in an attempt to get it this year, while the second order is what they actually want.

If they get the first order this year, great... they can drive it for a year and then trade it in once their "real" order arrives. If not and it gets pushed back... just modify the first order and cancel the second.

It makes sense given that Broncos are going for 20-100% above MSRP right now. So there is a very good chance that Broncos will hold at least their MSRP value throughout most of 2022 until supply catches up to demand.
Are there really that many people willing to make a poor financial decision to get a Bronco 6 months sooner? Trading in a used bronco will definitely be a loss of money. Despite the market, the dealer isn't going to give them what they paid for it, will they? I could see selling it to a direct buyer and getting the money back, but not a dealer. They'll offer you 10k less on your trade in and if you refuse, they'll just sell your second bronco with 10k ADM.

OP
OP
TN Bronco

TN Bronco

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
A lot of people completely changed their builds just to get a Bronco this year.. I mean completely changed their builds from trims, doors, color, engine, and add ons etc . A lot of those ppl will now STILL get a 2022, whether it’s sitting at MAP or yet to be built. Those changes are now possibly unnecessary sacrifices. I think this is a question/thread mostly for those ppl, on what you should do . 2 dr Hardtop here so it is what it is for me I’ll be getting a 22 no matter what.

For the Broncos already made, I do think it makes more sense to figure ‘something’ else out other than letting all of those new vehicles just sit outdoors in different weather/temperatures for who knows how long, but sending them to customers when they’re not ready is also a disaster waiting to happen.. it’s almost like a hole it’s hard to dig out of to find a solution now
Yes, but many being pushed to 22 can still make changes. MAP prisoners currently have no options. Take it or go to the end of the line despite your first hour reservation.

And yes lot rot has been blown out of proportion, but most MAP prisoners have concerns to varying degrees. Let them/us wait a couple months longer, if we want, for a ‘22.

And yes we’re all going to wait. It sucks, but the trucks have a problem and it’s not a surprising decision by Ford. I’d likely make the same call.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
... be put back in the queue for a 2022 based on original timestamp?
Wouldn't that be two bites of the apple? About 100,000 other folks might take exception. Not to minimize the emotional stress everyone has with the situation, but isn't it really just delaying your delivery by about 90 days?
Sponsored