Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Still sucks but what can you do.
Ford screwed the pooch. Failed design; failed production.

They need to own their fuck-up...not send me a vehicle in who-knows what condition, on who-knows what date.

Re-run the 2,200 un-shippable units. 3-4 days MAP production; its not rocket science here. Remember, Quality is Job #1.
Sponsored

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Can we come down to earth and pretend we understand the context of the current car market.

Ford doesn't need to do any of the shit you describe. They don't need to jump through their arse to make accomodations. They don't need to ship, and reship, then ship again parts. They don't need to rush delivery of vehicles they know are not ready. All of that is stupid. Their current path is the easiest, smartest, cheapest, and most efficient. The current path will lead to owners get their Bronco sooner. If owners don't want to accept their Bronco, the dealership will gladly sell your Bronco to a buyer who gives zero f&$@s about it sitting on a parking lot for 4 months.

These are not real problems. Folks here really need to stop pretending like the delayed delivery of their Bronco is a true grievance which merits massive PR and attention. It is just a blip. Period.
this guy fucking gets it. 2 sentences in and I knew I liked this guy.
Ford must have JUST HIRED some 'top people', because the folks who decided to screw 2,200 of the most avid Bronco fans certainly don't qualify for this accolade.

Ford must think I'm totally stupid.

Pro Tip: I'm not. If you'd rather screw customers than re-run 3-4 days of plant production, Ford...you are mindless idiots.
No, the most avid Bronco fans will be disappointed but will continue to wait without much fanfare, because they know a new 6th gen Bronco is waiting at the end of it.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
they know a new 6th gen Bronco is waiting at the end of it.
I'm all about choices....I think folks who want whatever Bronco ASAP should have that option. But I also don't think Ford should shove a stale, and possibly damaged, build on anyone....giv'em the choice to pass on dirt mountain & get back in line for a VIN

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm all about choices....I think folks who want whatever Bronco ASAP should have that option. But I also don't think Ford should shove a stale, and possibly damaged, build on anyone....giv'em the choice to pass on dirt mountain & get back in line for a VIN
You'll have that choice at delivery. If it's stale and damaged, don't take delivery. Or cancel now and place a new order. I don't understand what you are advocating for that isn't already an option?

OP
OP
mpeugeot

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I understand your situation, but Ford didn't make you pay upfront. The you on the short side of production issues, but that doesn't mean you are being screwed.
Actually, yes, they did. That's how it works with the arrangement MAS has with Ford directly. So although, it goes through MAS, Ford doesn't ship unless the purchase order has been paid... Unless, MAS is lying to me, which is certainly a possibility.

Sponsored

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Actually, yes, they did. That's how it works with the arrangement MAS has with Ford directly. So although, it goes through MAS, Ford doesn't ship unless the purchase order has been paid... Unless, MAS is lying to me, which is certainly a possibility.
Yours might be the anomaly. Most people won't have to pay until a vehicle arrives. not sure who is holding your money...seems odd that Ford would, but it could be possible.

OP
OP
mpeugeot

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yours might be the anomaly. Most people won't have to pay until a vehicle arrives. not sure who is holding your money...seems odd that Ford would, but it could be possible.
Probably a combination of both, MAS kept the $9,037 of profit and paid the PO of $38,916 to Ford, to the best of my knowledge. Now what is entertaining is that USAA wants to know where the title is! LOL. I will let USAA bitch at MAS and/or Ford as needed.

Foordbrawnco

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sure, but I don't assume that these cars are going to arrive leaky, with mildew and damage. Vehicles are designed for outdoor use, so parking them for a 2-4 month period isn't an abnormal use.
I hope not, I’ve see some that have posted about theirs leaking which makes sense being modular. I for one won’t mind because I’ll have the washout interior and mgv seats. But those with carpet and leather or cloth seats could easily be susceptible to mold. Even then it won’t be a big deal if it’s in the owners possession because they will likely be opening the door and windows allowing it to air out. Just giving my own personal experience and it wasn’t a fun one. I’m hoping this won’t be the case, but it does happen.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It’s been several years, but pretty sure I had to pay upfront to order my BMW from MAS.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’ve see some that have posted about theirs leaking which makes sense
You're 100% correct. I don't mind minor leakage while I'm using it...because I can towel it off right after pulling into my garage. Totally different case sitting in the elements from July 15 to Nov/Dec

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What you guys are saying is true for most vehicles.. vehicles that aren’t made with a modular roof. I work for a manufacturing plant. I’ve seen what happens to vehicles that have been sitting for only months, not years, with leaks. When water gets inside, and these vehicles aren’t being aired out for months, mold starts to grow. I’ve had to do warranty work on the interior of leaking vehicles and it’s nasty. Full interior removal, deep clean and sanitization, then interior replacement. That’s where I see the problem lying, not wind and dirt.
I've not read where the MIC top leaks on a consistent basis based on a design flaw. So I think some of your concern is unwarranted at this point. But until the vehicles are delivered to a Customer, they are Ford's property. Ford knows best how to deal with it and understands the statistics regarding storage damage vs. shipment w/ future top replacement.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
B
You're 100% correct. I don't mind minor leakage while I'm using it...because I can towel it off right after pulling into my garage. Totally different case sitting in the elements from July 15 to Nov/Dec
But if it leaks at the dealership storage lot or the MAP storage lot, what is the difference?

PCgrad98

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford screwed the pooch. Failed design; failed production.

They need to own their fuck-up...not send me a vehicle in who-knows what condition, on who-knows what date.

Re-run the 2,200 un-shippable units. 3-4 days MAP production; its not rocket science here. Remember, Quality is Job #1.
I agree. Issue new VINs build Dirt Mountain owners new Broncos and sell the Dirt mountain ones to car Rental fleets or use at Off-Roadeo.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
But if it leaks at the dealership storage lot or the MAP storage lot, what is the difference?
Surely you can't be serious. Have you seen photos of dirt mountain & the sand/gravel pit? See any folks checking up on vehicles? Most dealerships have someone who checks on the inventory...moves them around...does routine clean-up.

Ford obviously had no one to check on Webasto deliveries before tops were installed; I guess you assume they've got a formal care program in place for the bad batch.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just checking in to show my support of this message. Thanks