First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Surely you can't be serious. Have you seen photos of dirt mountain & the sand/gravel pit? See any folks checking up on vehicles? Most dealerships have someone who checks on the inventory...moves them around...does routine clean-up.

Ford obviously had no one to check on Webasto deliveries before tops were installed; I guess you assume they've got a formal care program in place for the bad batch.
Just because we didn't see a pic doesn't mean Ford doesn't have a group of people checking them.
Sponsored

wbrainbow

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 C-10, 2022 Black Diamond, 2007 Harley Davidso
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

See you in 202?

Chadesh

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A car
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Heh last email I got I was told next year sometime. Which I kinda figured would happen.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Surely you can't be serious. Have you seen photos of dirt mountain & the sand/gravel pit? See any folks checking up on vehicles? Most dealerships have someone who checks on the inventory...moves them around...does routine clean-up.

Ford obviously had no one to check on Webasto deliveries before tops were installed; I guess you assume they've got a formal care program in place for the bad batch.
I assume Ford is doing everything it knows to do to deliver a vehicle to a customer that meets its standards for "new vehicle delivery". From what I understand, Ford has been building automobiles for a few years now; I've read a few books about the company.

Or we all can just turn into cyber drama queens and overreact based on some stupid internet video while having no real information on Ford's process to ensure they are protecting the hundreds of millions of dollars in investment they made building their product.

If you are that upset that you think Ford should just scrap a few thousand Broncos because they sit for a few months and re-run that production once the MIC 2.0 top is available, then perhaps the Bronco is not for you and you should consider a different vehicle and company to buy it from.

Sponsored

BroncoIII

Black Diamond
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond -Area 51
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It sucks that our Broncos are stuck out there right now. At the end of the day Ford has to satisfy customers without breaking the bank. They're not going to ship parts on transport carriers. Additionally, they have to pay dealers to swap out warranty parts. Ford has to make a decision that is a compromise between making customers happy and making money. There's not a lot of margin on the Bronco product and right now they are losing their ass financially given their having to retool the MAP plant and have not had any production output to speak of. The will sell those Broncos to you and me, or if we get tired of being patient someone else will purchase them.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford has to make a decision that is a compromise between making customers happy and making money
They've followed your advice to the letter. Whereas industry leaders in various business segments are known for 'making customers happy'...and financial success follows.

After 100 years of trying Ford is the epitome of mediocracy:
  • vehicle CSAT ratings are solidly middle of the pack in their respective segments
  • Bronco an exception, but trade journals yawn at Ford products
  • financial analysts tepid evaluations contribute to very weak P/E performance
I'd say Ford's "compromise" strategy is producing very predictable results

Sponsored

BroncoIII

Black Diamond
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond -Area 51
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They've followed your advice to the letter. Whereas industry leaders in various business segments are known for 'making customers happy'...and financial success follows.

After 100 years of trying Ford is the epitome of mediocracy:
  • vehicle CSAT ratings are solidly middle of the pack in their respective segments
  • Bronco an exception, but trade journals yawn at Ford products
  • financial analysts tepid evaluations contribute to very weak P/E performance
I'd say Ford's "compromise" strategy is producing very predictable results

Yes, absolutely!

It's not about quality, it's about volume. Bronco is flavor of the month. I can almost guarantee the next vehicle we purchase (after this Bronco) will not be another Bronco.

If we were really just seeking "experience" we'd be choosing a different brand.

If I were a restaurateur I'd rather own McDonald's than own the fanciest steakhouse chain of anyone's choosing.

We probable won't get the Bentley Experience at the Ford dealer.

OP
OP
mpeugeot

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If we were really just seeking "experience" we'd be choosing a different brand.
Funny that you say that, but what is the purpose of the "Bronco stores", Bronco Swag, and the "Off-Rodeo"? It is clearly to create a buying experience, which is now being compromised by Ford themselves. Sometimes, yes, doing the right thing in regards to the customer experience is difficult and costly... Or you can compromise the experience and leave thousands of people with a bad taste in their mouth.

Ford made their choice and I believe that they made a poor choice. Others see it differently, and that is fine, we have a difference of opinion.
Sponsored