Sponsored

And this is why dealerships can screw people out of their Bronco.

mcon33

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Willys Unlimited; 2022 Bronco BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35ā€™s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good.

IMPO the Dealer franchise sales model no longer represents the best interest for the end consumer.

If this does become national, I would recommend that the government force direct sales brands to have widespread service locations available. That part will be tricky.

OP
OP
mcon33

mcon33

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A bit surprising for anyone familiar with how much clout the IADA wields but then I guess their biggest strength is in the legislature and not the bench.
Agree. They will appeal it to Illinois Supreme court so not exactly over just yet.

OP
OP
mcon33

mcon33

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Good.

IMPO the Dealer franchise sales model no longer represents the best interest for the end consumer.

If this does become national, I would recommend that the government force direct sales brands to have widespread service locations available. That part will be tricky.
That's where they make a large piece of their money anyhow.

Sponsored

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dealerships are virtually worthless. We just need the parts and service. The rest just costs the consumer more money.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dealerships want to be associated with a manufacturer for the service and warranty work. In normal economic conditions new vehicle sales donā€™t account for the majority of their profit. Trade ins and the resulting used car sale is where they make the big bucks. IMO, If the manufacturers all went direct from factory sales, way more independent auto repair and service operations would be created in order to meet the new demand.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The thing is the dealership model is going to implode in the next 15-20 years anyways.

BEVs don't have as much maintenance to them-they don't need regular oil changes and brakes even last longer due to regenerative charging. So that will be huge impact to dealerships bottom line.

Large Dealership groups like Lithia are going to become real estate companies because they'll have attractive areas to build things in where car lots are currently.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

IMO, If the manufacturers all went direct from factory sales, way more independent auto repair and service operations would be created in order to meet the new demand.
What would happen is that you'd have more onsite repair with mobile repair vehicles like Tesla or more centralized repair areas-Tesla took over a strip mall a few towns over from me to build a "dealership" that you can order vehicles from and do service at.

8oncoPete

Raptor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Raptor and 2024 BMW i7 / 2019 BMW X5m
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I bought a Tesla direct, and it was one of the best car buying experiences I have ever had. No sitting at a desk waiting for the sales manager, or sales associate. Trade is done via uploading pics and vin, and paperwork is all digital. All you do is go to the location to drop off and pick up. Zero hassle and saved so much time.

Sponsored

twryan3

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX; Tesla M3; BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I bought a Tesla direct, and it was one of the best car buying experiences I have ever had. No sitting at a desk waiting for the sales manager, or sales associate. Trade is done via uploading pics and vin, and paperwork is all digital. All you do is go to the location to drop off and pick up. Zero hassle and saved so much time.
I came here to say this. I had one hiccup with the customer service folks in Nevada, that the showroom/distributor in Nashville personally apologized for and handled, getting me my car. My experience with Ford, and particularly my dealer until a couple of folks took control over the complete FUBAR of my order, was 180 degrees away from my Tesla experience. I still say that I would abolish the dealer franchise laws and monopolies, but my lack of faith in Ford does not instill me with hope on the direct to customer model--from them.

OP
OP
mcon33

mcon33

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Dealerships want to be associated with a manufacturer for the service and warranty work. In normal economic conditions new vehicle sales donā€™t account for the majority of their profit. Trade ins and the resulting used car sale is where they make the big bucks. IMO, If the manufacturers all went direct from factory sales, way more independent auto repair and service operations would be created in order to meet the new demand.
And there is still the used car market. I doubt we would all go direct to consumer when getting rid of our old rides. Certainly there would still be used car lots. I could be premature with that guess though.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

And there is still the used car market. I doubt we would all go direct to consumer when getting rid of our old rides. Certainly there would still be used car lots. I could be premature with that guess though.
Its already happening with places like Carvana (if they stay in business LOL) and others.
Sponsored