First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Every time I see a post like this I get a little bit closer to choosing a different vehicle. Spending nearly 70 grand on a truck that disintegrates within 6 months isn't exactly a solid investment.
That’s not exactly fair. Since Ford announced the Bronco it was just an ugly Honda Element looking top. I knew from that moment I would be replacing the top with better looking option that respected the original Bronco lines. The quality issues certainly confirmed it. But besides the top, my Bronco at almost 22k miles has been absolutely flawless (knocking on wood right now). The most fun and capable vehicle I have ever owned. And if people are paying ADMs that’s on them.

And keep in mind this site specializes in gathering complaints from the members no matter how minor. Despite the MIC being a POS, I’ve never heard so many people talking about how much they love a particular ride.

Last edited:

ssypien

Wildtrak
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Similar issue on mine, not as bad but I do have some bubbling.

IMG_5233.jpeg

IMG_5234.jpeg

IMG_5235.jpeg

Indarkness

Wildtrak
First Name
First second
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OP, I hope Ford reaches out to you soon. I am still in the honeymoon phase of owning my bronco, but I am enjoying all the ridiculous things about it.

Kudos to Advanced Fiberglass. It really looks like you have looked at all the simple mistakes made, and seriously improved upon them. Deleting the removable middle section was an interesting choice. Personally it’s the one panel that really doesn’t have a good storage option.

Sponsored

subg

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Quality is Job 2.
I had a stripped bolt on a 2 door hard top, the longer one in the front. The bracket bolted to the top was set back way to far, and the line man put the bolt in on a severe angle to overcome the mis-positioned bracket. Imagine the delay if they had to stop the line to do it right.

Also now, seat back material on rear seat is coming off.

Hopefully my 2023 top survives to 2024.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
The reality is this is just another form of surface rust. Ford won't do anything about surface rust, so why would they do something about this? It needs to fail before they are going to do anything about it.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would not let this go and probably start at another dealer.

Secondly, and I've mentioned it here before but I have a feeling within a couple years most of us will be in a similar situation with these garbage MIC tops.

OrangecrushBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So....this is the response I just got in my inbox moments ago from Fox Ford dealership:

"at this time,we are not going to replace top due to nothing more thanit is a molded roof and the slight ripples are normal by build"

I then asked for the name and any documentation that they received back from Ford Motor Company regarding my complaint. The response was as follows (you simply cannot make this up):

" no name just compared to a brand new roof like we discussed with my service manager thanks [name removed]"

They actually refused to contact Ford!!!

Any advice on how to escalate this to someone who would actually recognize an issue and pay attention? Sadly, the Yugo had superior craftsmanship at a fraction of the cost - this is embarrassing.

Ford Bronco Another Bad Hard Top That Ford Dealership Refuses to Fix Snapinsta.app_video_121499047_913151833129633_6885173122542659383_n
"Special" construction paper edition. looks like preschool arts and crafts time. Glue stick failure. I would tag @Ford Motor Company and find another dealership. File a complaint with the BBB, Attorney General, Trade Comission, and in some states you. An even file a complaint with the DMV. Put the dealerships name and issues on EVERY internet outlet you can. Give negative reviews on every online source you can.

https://www.usa.gov/car-complaints

Sponsored

Heckler

Wildtrak
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is completely unacceptable, and to not cover it is even more unacceptable. It’s not like these types of tops is new ground breaking technology, these have been around for decades. Ford should have learned from this when the first bad batches went out and started making them out of carbon fiber from there on out, it would have been much cheaper in the end after this is said and done and the class action lawsuits start kicking in.

scotman623

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy LT Trail boss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

WOW.. That’s just insane they will not replace that.. I will be checking my 6 week old Bronco hard top in the morning to see if I have any issues.. Jeep us updated ..

MidnightSpecial

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Raptor Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Sorry for being late guys. This is your official forum Ford rep.

This claim has been denied because OP beat the top with a sock full of nickels like Homie D Clown.

We appreciate your business. Please buy a Ford Lightning.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Go to a different dealer. This needs to be submitted to Ford and my guess is that they WILL cover it under warranty. That is a crap dealer you are working with.

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They are not lying when they state “That’s normal they all look like that.”
because they suck.
Doesn’t make it right, should be fixed under warranty. Delaminating is not normal wear.
Try another local Ford dealer.
After 15 years of New England weather my Old Town LL Bean canoe will definitely out live my Bronco Mic top.
Sponsored