Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Probably close to none. They are using stock tire size. At least at Nevada you were never put in a place you had to spin the tires to get traction and people were cognizant that they were driving someone else's vehicle.
That’s really what I’m getting at. Sometimes if you let people figure things out on their own they will understand it better. I agree 100% that the Bronco failures are due to changing geometry.
i would anticipate next to none would be broken at the offroadeo.
Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s really what I’m getting at. Sometimes if you let people figure things out on their own they will understand it better. I agree 100% that the Bronco failures are due to changing geometry.
i would anticipate next to none would be broken at the offroadeo.
Now out in the real world in your own Bronco and not knowing the limits of the tie rods one might be inclined to find said limits. The hard way.

brianbrn

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Now out in the real world in your own Bronco and not knowing the limits of the tie rods one might be inclined to find said limits. The hard way.
I’ve given my wildtrak a hard ride for the first 20k miles. Zero problems. Climbs as well as any other 4x4 on the trails.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve given my wildtrak a hard ride for the first 20k miles. Zero problems. Climbs as well as any other 4x4 on the trails.
A variety of factors can go into the longevity of your tie rods. I'm guessing the top one is knowing what kind of situations lead to tie rod failure on an IFS.

And let's not kid ourselves, the Bronco doesn't have a lock on tie rod failures. It just gets magnified on the forum.

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You’d think they’d have a spare with them, unless it damaged the steering rack as well.
I carry two with me. One for me and one for someone else on the trail that may be in need

Sponsored

bhb

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Ford Motor Company At what point does this become embarrassing for you? It is for us. Address it please!
If they're not embarrassed by the tops, engines, transmissions, shipping delays, production back logs, whatever.... they're not going to be embarrassed by this..

broncohopeful

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The tie rod should be beefier, but 37s and minimal or inadequate suspension mods will make things break and ruin your day.
Fact.

OffroadBandit

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting little fact about that wrecker, it's the same length as a Jeep Gladiator.
That massive beast is the same length as a Gladiator.

They didn't have tie rod sleeves on it, and the rack isn't what prevented a trail repair from being possible. Because the tie rod failed, it allowed the tire to turn beyond the limits of the CV joint, which broke the front axle housing. The tie rod acted just like a fuse and probably didn't damage the rack. The problem with a mechanical fuse is that it often causes damage to other things when it lets go, the damage isn't isolated to just the weak link. If you're at all on the power in 4WD and your tie rod snaps, that tire is going to drive itself around the a-arms until something breaks, and it'll happen in a split second. If you're going downhill and it breaks, you're kinda screwed too because then the tire will want to rotate rearward and something will break, or you release the brakes and slam into something.

Just saw your reply that there wasn't a sleeve, I must be getting slow. I'll leave what I wrote for anyone else that didn't notice it first time around. Have a good nap lol
Good to know! Thanks for the info!

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I carry two with me. One for me and one for someone else on the trail that may be in need
Until you break two and then you will carry three! :0)

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Funniest part for me was when they were fixing the busted axle (which time I don't remember) But they were all crawling underneath and someone pointed out.. hey what happens when you pull the drive line... What's holding the wheels"

And Matt points to a rock about the size of a football....pretty sure those massive tires could care less about a football size rock.
That part was premium comedy LOL

Sponsored

Giddyup Buttercup

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

Giddyup Buttercup

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
So they broke a CV or tie rod wheeling hard on what looks like 37's.... Why is this such a big deal and somehow Ford's fault? This kind of thing happens all the time to when people are wheeling hard in any vehicle. Pretty sure there are off road recovery businesses for a reason.
I have seen several wranglers on Matts offroad recovery with DESTROYED axles and steering stuff.

Tony4x4

Big Bend
First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 EB Bronco 2021 BB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Shocked they put a 205 in that beast. With that heavy of gvw Marmon-Herrington is the only way to go.
Have you seen the input torque specs on the 205 and some of the MH cases? Couldnt find them.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Have you seen the input torque specs on the 205 and some of the MH cases? Couldnt find them.
1,100 for the 205 and 7,400ft/lbs for the 750
The 750 is a massive, heavy case that would require a lot more fab work to make it fit and function, and I don't believe there's a twin stick kit for them.

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah if only.... But I'm sure they're under direct orders to keep that stuff hush hush.

The way I saw some of those people bash on these Broncos, I would love to know how many of them broke.

The moment you put oversized tires on, or mess with suspension geometry, it's stuff going to break and it's not fair to complain about Bronco Weaknesses.

I want to know how many people on 35s (with Sasquatch and the beefier front end) or 33s with stock M190 have had issues.

Any stats beyond that are basically worthless.
Mine is currently sitting parked for 5 weeks waiting on the replacement gear. 29,000 mostly highway miles. Stock everything BL.
Sponsored