Sponsored

Wildtrak and Rock Crawling - which GOAT mode?

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I like Rock Crawl for the forward camera. Does any other GOAT mode put that on the screen? In all fairness to myself I’ve only ever used Normal, Sport (added via FORScan) and Rock Crawl GOAT modes. That camera is the bee-knees for climbing.
I believe baja mode has it too, just have to use the menu thing to select it on screen.
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I like Rock Crawl for the forward camera. Does any other GOAT mode put that on the screen? In all fairness to myself I’ve only ever used Normal, Sport (added via FORScan) and Rock Crawl GOAT modes. That camera is the bee-knees for climbing.
Yeah I get the cameras all the time in my WT when I put it in mud and ruts. I think the only difference is with rock crawl mode doesn't it default to the wheel camera? I have that option but have to click on it otherwise it defaults to front camera.

There are some GOAT mode haters out there for sure and they will argue that they don't need them or you can do everything with just the hero buttons.

I guess pressing 4A gives you sports mode then ? o_O

OP
OP
Darrow

Darrow

Wildtrak
First Name
Darrow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak 2023
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yea any of the “off road use only” modes use the front camera.
Yeah I get the cameras all the time in my WT when I put it in mud and ruts. I think the only difference is with rock crawl mode doesn't it default to the wheel camera? I have that option but have to click on it otherwise it defaults to front camera.

There are some GOAT mode haters out there for sure and they will argue that they don't need them or you can do everything with just the hero buttons.

rock crawl defaults to the front camera, this is confirmed. The differences in goat modes are so far from gimmicky.

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would think that the goat modes are more apparent when you are driving an automatic, but with the manual, I don't know if there would be as much of a change to notice. I do notice the difference between Normal, Eco, and Sport. Maybe I should test out those other modes and see if I notice any steering/throttle changes. All of the 4x4 stuff, 4L, 4H, AWD, Front Locker, and Rear Locker, I like to engage/disengage when I see fit.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I for sure remember using the wheel cam before I did anything with Forscan, so I know it's available without rock mode. One thing I really got some good use out of was the 360 unlock from 4dtech, I'm able to keep the front cam displayed in normal mode at speed which comes in handy on the mild offroad stuff you don't need a goat for.

Sponsored

BroncoJoerg

Badlands
First Name
Joerg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I may be incorrect but..... The goat modes are handy but you have several buttons to push that will come close to the goat mode setting. 4 low, front and rear locker as needed.
I wish that my wildtrak had rock crawl but I think that I can come close to replicating it when needed.
Close, but no banana. Like someone mentioned already without using GOAT mode you don’t get the soft throttle or tight steering. The soft throttle in particular comes in handy for those of us who have a heavy right foot. It might prevent a broken tie rod or axle.

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well the changes in throttle response, steering tightness and shifting points are very noticeable - parameters you can’t change with buttons.
So adding in forscan would give a person everything but say
Close, but no banana. Like someone mentioned already without using GOAT mode you don’t get the soft throttle or tight steering. The soft throttle in particular comes in handy for those of us who have a heavy right foot. It might prevent a broken tie rod or axle.
Sounds like I need to look up a good tutorial video on forscan, hopefully one that is bronco specific

BroncoJoerg

Badlands
First Name
Joerg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So adding in forscan would give a person everything but say

Sounds like I need to look up a good tutorial video on forscan, hopefully one that is bronco specific
There are tons of good YouTube videos out there on ForScan you can use.

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are tons of good YouTube videos out there on ForScan you can use.
The ForScan update did prove to be quick and easy. I took my time and made backups and in less than 30 minutes I had a new goat mode and no double honk.

Bronco1971

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yea any of the “off road use only” modes use the front camera.
rock crawl defaults to the front camera, this is confirmed. The differences in goat modes are so far from gimmicky.
I use normal mode for rocks in the Wildtrak. The throttle and steering seem to be right about where I want them. Add lockers as needed. (Manually disconnect the swaybar and there's a lot less need for lockers)

The main thing I've noticed with rocks is that you need to two foot it while descending steep stuff to keep load against the brakes. Otherwise there's a bit of an unpredictable jerkyness.

Sponsored

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I use normal mode for rocks in the Wildtrak. The throttle and steering seem to be right about where I want them. Add lockers as needed. (Manually disconnect the swaybar and there's a lot less need for lockers)

The main thing I've noticed with rocks is that you need to two foot it while descending steep stuff to keep load against the brakes. Otherwise there's a bit of an unpredictable jerkyness.
First time using that trail assist cruise control thing was like a trust fall exercise for me
It just doesn't feel right to use it LOL

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
First time using that trail assist cruise control thing was like a trust fall exercise for me
It just doesn't feel right to use it LOL
Haha! I was the same way. Did some trails in Moab where there was a good distance between the bigger obstacles but you didn’t want to go too fast. Ended up trying it out and it was pretty great using my hands to speed up and slow down

NOBUKSGIVN

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I changed double honk, added Rock Crawl, and changed the EQ settings for the speakers on my Wildtrak. Adding Rock Crawl had zero effect on the UI, other than giving me another option. Of course, I don't have the disconnecting front sway bar, but I don't anticipate any significantly high camber differences in my use cases.

JR
What did adding rock crawl do for your rig?
Sponsored