First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The problem is there isnt really a market for 2 door hard tops. If it was a 4 door Id for sure go that route. There also isnt a 2 door aftermarket hard top option thats out yet.
My bad, I read that you had 2 door and didn’t even think about that.
Sponsored

Ashventure

Base
First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Still dealing with the cracks in my hardtop. I really wish aftermarket companies offered 2 door replacements. I don’t think Ford is ever going to get this right with their tops or at least not for YEARS.

I just recently submitted a claim with BBB Auto Line (since I saw someone else here did the same thing) so we’ll see if I see any progress. Really sucks that Ford isn’t standing by their bad quality hardtop. That’s my one biggest complaint. Everything else with my Bronco is fine. I hope enough people complain and make reports cuz maybe one day they’ll finally recall the bad roofs. One can hope. In the meantime I’m just watching more and more cracks devleop

Last edited:
OP
OP
BricknoseBronco

BricknoseBronco

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco, 2017 F-350, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Still dealing with the cracks in my hardtop. I really wish more aftermarket companies offered 2 door replacements. I don’t think Ford is ever going to get this right with their tops or at least not for YEARS.

I just recently submitted a claim with BBB Auto Line (since I saw someone else here did the same thing) so we’ll see if I see any progress. Really sucks that Ford isn’t standing by their bad quality hardtop. That’s my one biggest complaint. Everything else with my Bronco is fine. I hope enough people complain and make reports cuz maybe one day they’ll finally recall the bad roofs. One can hope. In the meantime I’m just watching more and more cracks devleop
Couldnt agree more with you. I have zero complaints anywhere else on my Bronco. I actually feel like if it wasnt for this top, this would be one tough SUV. But the top quality and noises is awful. Even more awful that Ford wont stand behind it for warranty. And things like cracks are acceptable.

OP
OP
BricknoseBronco

BricknoseBronco

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ashventure

Base
First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-considered-normal.69167/page-13#post-1869461

Thats the TSB thats out there for hard tops. And states cracks are not covered.
boggles my mind that cracks are stated as not covered. I get if you do something to cause the cracks that’s one thing but when it’s faulty manufacturing that’s just insane to me. Plus Ford won’t even give suggestions of what you can do to to seal the cracks. Anyone know of a way to seal the cracks they won’t cover? I’m nervous to even touch them. I feel like the interior on mine is already compromised. So not sure I should even try to seal?

Sponsored

Rick U

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Keep looking, there is another one that addresses the cracking. I’m at work and my phone is blowing up. Maybe reach out to member flip. I think he posted it. If not it’s somewhere as an attachment on one of the many cracked mic threads.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No, its not. Says on the first page cracks are not warrantable. I saw that TSB as well, and thats why the Ford rep said no to warranty.
Ford Bronco Another Cracked Hard Top Image 8-28-23 at 1.36 PM
It isn't a TSB, it's a GSB and you didn't look down far enough...

Ford Bronco Another Cracked Hard Top 1693245096626

OP
OP
BricknoseBronco

BricknoseBronco

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It isn't a TSB, it's a GSB and you didn't look down far enough...

Ford Bronco Another Cracked Hard Top 1693245096626
My bad on that. Thank you for clarifying. The moment it stated on the first page cracks are not covered, and got to the soft top issues, I quit looking further. The GSB seems to contradict itself then as those are in fact cracks. I sent it to the dealer to let them see the last page as well. Thank you for pointing that out!

Bronco72

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford lariat F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m bad with acronyms what does GSB stand for?

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m bad with acronyms what does GSB stand for?
GSB: General service bulletin
TSB: Technical service bulletin
SSM: Special service message

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just because it's an off-road vehicle doesn't mean people want it destroyed or damaged for no reason.

tslee98

Outer Banks
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayman S, BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do you think these issues are why Ford isn’t rushing out hard top kits for people who bought the soft tops? I want a hard top so badly before another ski season but not if it’s going to mean dealing with all these issues.