Sponsored

Do you think cracks in a $60k truck should be considered normal?

• Total voters

Gorpolak

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2011 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Ford Says These MIC Hardtop Cracks Are Considered Normal D7D62776-6EA5-4C17-97E9-00A745E36501
Ford Bronco Ford Says These MIC Hardtop Cracks Are Considered Normal 9B75AD1B-FF66-49BB-A2A4-867108502BE0
Ford Bronco Ford Says These MIC Hardtop Cracks Are Considered Normal 28274CE5-4ACD-48F1-8678-AD1E2248BDAE

I noticed this crack last week on my MIC 2.0. September ‘22 build, October delivery and never took the top off nor anything on it.
There is some discoloration as well and what appear to be scratches. Brought it to the dealer this morning to get its first maintenance and start a claim on the top.
Sponsored

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is obviously a failure at the windows / weak point. Believe it or not, the top itself may be stronger than you think except around the windows. Check out this video I took this morning with my front and middle panels off, riding with just the rear cap. I know this has been mentioned before, but when riding with just the rear cap there is significant vibration/flex where the wind hits the cap edge. I’ve rode like this many times, and I’m sure others have as well, and I have no failure or cracking at the top edge. But do have a small hairline crack below the passenger rear cap window, which is obviously a failure point just like many others.

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yeah, I do believe it’s Webasto. Agreed on the rest, it’s a bad look to have a top people aren’t sure they can trust to last.
Totally agree on the bad look but I honestly think Ford couldn’t care less. Everyone here knows the hard tops are crap but we are still lining up to get a Bronco with one.

snake oil salesman dream!!!

Broncobadlands2023

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Totally agree on the bad look but I honestly think Ford couldn’t care less. Everyone here knows the hard tops are crap but we are still lining up to get a Bronco with one.

snake oil salesman dream!!!
That’s the truth! They’ll fix it when they stop selling as much. We’re not going to end up getting one after we got a Jeep. We recently got our vin too a few weeks ago but after 2 1/2 whatever years we just don’t care anymore. Still like the car, just don’t think Ford deserves our money.

DEC

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 640, Mustang Bullitt, Mazda 3, Honda Accord,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is obviously a failure at the windows / weak point. Believe it or not, the top itself may be stronger than you think except around the windows. Check out this video I took this morning with my front and middle panels off, riding with just the rear cap. I know this has been mentioned before, but when riding with just the rear cap there is significant vibration/flex where the wind hits the cap edge. I’ve rode like this many times, and I’m sure others have as well, and I have no failure or cracking at the top edge. But do have a small hairline crack below the passenger rear cap window, which is obviously a failure point just like many others.

So you believe pressure from within is causing these cracks?
I sure would like to know what is causing these failures, I’m afraid to add anything to my roof racks in fear of starting any cracks.

Sponsored

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So you believe pressure from within is causing these cracks?
I sure would like to know what is causing these failures, I’m afraid to add anything to my roof racks in fear of starting any cracks.
No. I was just saying the tops are somehow strong enough to handle the wind vibration along the top edge like in my video. But somehow the sides by the window crack on their own, hence an actual design/build failure on the sides.

BRBUSTER72

Black Diamond
First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 XTERRA '16 SUPER DUTY '18 EQUINOX DIESEL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So you think 50 out of a 100k deserves Ford to personally apologize or something? You do realize other vehicles have 50 failures too right. U must be in the group that needs ro be coddled! It was a big problem and doesn't need anything from Ford except to fix them 🤦🏻🤣
I am one of those 50 or so with a failed 2.7. Did I expect an apology or any special treatment. No. As disappointing as it was, all I expected was for Ford to take care of it. The dealer that did the replacement wasn't the greatest but Ford made sure they took care of it.

Ashventure

Base
First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It’s honestly sad that they won’t stand by their product. And the fact they’ve cherry picked who gets a replacement and who doesn’t based on some fantasy reasons they’re saying caused the crack is maddening. I try not to look at the cracks in my roof because they upset me everytime (thankfully on the passenger side so outta side outta mind) they told me that something must’ve hit it on the highway with that “logic” someone or something would’ve had to shoot at me from the side which is so stupid (also I had barely any highway miles I mostly drove side streets at that point)

I just checked today and looks like the crack got longer and the hairline cracks around the window have doubled as well. Messaged Ford here on the forum for some hopeful help but so far nothing. Prolly ghosting me here too lol thankfully my dealer was on my side but they got shut down too. At no point has Ford even tried to provide me with any helpful ways to help with the cracking.

Ford Bronco Ford Says These MIC Hardtop Cracks Are Considered Normal 6AA3C350-4B3D-4464-B34F-61492A811EEE

ED1C5877-77A0-4612-90DE-8A5391DF8E77.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
2door

2door

Outer Banks
First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco® The Sasquatch™ 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It’s honestly sad that they won’t stand by their product. And the fact they’ve cherry picked who gets a replacement and who doesn’t based on some fantasy reasons they’re saying caused the crack is maddening. I try not to look at the cracks in my roof because they upset me everytime (thankfully on the passenger side so outta side outta mind) they told me that something must’ve hit it on the highway with that “logic” someone or something would’ve had to shoot at me from the side which is so stupid (also I had barely any highway miles I mostly drove side streets at that point)

I just checked today and looks like the crack got longer and the hairline cracks around the window have doubled as well. Messaged Ford here on the forum for some hopeful help but so far nothing. Prolly ghosting me here too lol thankfully my dealer was on my side but they got shut down too. At no point has Ford even tried to provide me with any helpful ways to help with the cracking.

Ford Bronco Ford Says These MIC Hardtop Cracks Are Considered Normal ED1C5877-77A0-4612-90DE-8A5391DF8E77

Ford Bronco Ford Says These MIC Hardtop Cracks Are Considered Normal ED1C5877-77A0-4612-90DE-8A5391DF8E77
Continue pushing your Ford dealer.

I received an email from the dealer last Friday saying that Ford has approved a new MIC top for my Bronco. I got this message from the same guy who told me earlier that Ford was not going to address this issue.

Ashventure

Base
First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Continue pushing your Ford dealer.

I received an email from the dealer last Friday saying that Ford has approved a new MIC top for my Bronco. I got this message from the same guy who told me earlier that Ford was not going to address this issue.
Thanks. I’ll reach back out to my dealer! Guess you never know and always worth a shot 😊

Sponsored
OP
OP
2door

2door

Outer Banks
First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco® The Sasquatch™ 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks. I’ll reach back out to my dealer! Guess you never know and always worth a shot 😊
Good luck with that.
Don't forget to mention GENERAL SERVICE BULLETIN 23-7004 Bronco - Roof Concern Analysis.

Mikey1287

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 72 Mach, 03 Mach, 69 Mach, 08 Harley
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just noticed a few small spidering type cracks on my top right behind the driver side window. Dealership said they would cover a new top but would need to cut the glass out of the old top and reinstall in the new one. Is that normal? They claim the tops don't come with glass.

I still have basically 3 years left on my warranty so might wait until later in hopes that Ford gets a better top by then.

The cracks are small and barely noticeable, but still sucks and will likely only get worse.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm glad I searched for/found this thread. I washed mine last weekend and noticed cracks appearing in this same spot on the passenger side (which seems to be the location for most pictures I've seen here)....FWIW, I've had mine a year now.

To me, looking at it more zoomed out, it almost looks like the whole surface/area along the rear edge of the window is bubbling up, and the surface coating is what's cracking. It's hard to tell in these pictures. I haven't had a chance to swing by the dealer yet, but definitely will be soon.

Ford Bronco Ford Says These MIC Hardtop Cracks Are Considered Normal IMG_1086
Ford Bronco Ford Says These MIC Hardtop Cracks Are Considered Normal image0 (3)
Ford Bronco Ford Says These MIC Hardtop Cracks Are Considered Normal IMG_1037

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure if this was posted in here. I tried to find it. Here is the document incase it hasnt been
Unfortunately, that document states, "Cracks and scratches (Non-warrantable)". :mad:
Sponsored