First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBA Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
We had the exact same experience with the 01 to 03 MINIs. The expansion tank was a joke. Started puking out the seams. BMW was being just as big a set of tools as Ford is now. Incessant calls to corporate by thousands of MINI owners may or may not have impacted the redesign but I'd like to dream that it did. That was a much smaller cheaper part than the MIC
Sponsored

skater777

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks so much for sharing your story. I haven't pulled the trigger on getting a Bronco yet, but when I do, it will definitely have an aftermarket top like ADV. Ford screwed up this design big time and it is an insult to owners to claim that cracks are "normal" on a $50K+ vehicle.

OP
OP

1986Bronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 V90 T6 Polestar, 2018 4Runner, 1990 Pao
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

In case anyone wants an update:

I rolled the dice and went back to the dealership to show them the new cracks. They took pictures, got the mileage, and told me that they would get back to me. I indicated that water from washing, rain, etc. was definitley hitting that area and it was staying damp/wet after the rest was dry and looked like it was weeping moisture. The service advisor said that this was definitely a problem. That was around 12/1 and I have not heard anything. Yesterday, I responded to the message here from FORD and they said:

"I was able to look into your recent case, and see a decision regarding coverage has already been made. I wouldn’t be able to overturn this decision, however I will add these notes to your case so your experience is fully documented. Thank you for reaching out.
Julia
Ford Social Media Team"

I'm not sure if that was from the first time I went there for the cracks under the window or from this most recent time for the new vertical cracks along the back so I sent a message asking for clarification.

It is a weird cycle/circle of having to communicate with the dealer and contact Ford then watch it restart as nothing happens.

I'm at the point that I think I want to just get the sides vinyl wrapped in the same color and to just be "out of sight out of mind" with it. My only concern is that if there is a full failure of the outer layer at any point in the future that Ford will use the wrap as an excuse to absolve themselves. Honestly though, they already are absolving themselves...so it does not seem like I have anything to lose?

Ford Bronco Hardtop cracks?  Something else? 20231125_110158

Markco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Same thing is happening to mine, started happening 4 months after delivery. Showed it to my dealer while I was in there for service. Do not use the term cracking, let them know its delaminating.
This message from Ford says cracking IS WARRANTIED item.

73E82205-273F-40CD-8810-B27A05529CA5.png

Markco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Same thing is happening to mine, started happening 4 months after delivery. Showed it to my dealer while I was in there for service. Do not use the term cracking, let them know its delaminating.
F0BA39F8-A4B1-4AD9-89ED-7D30808DF434.png

Sponsored
OP
OP

1986Bronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 V90 T6 Polestar, 2018 4Runner, 1990 Pao
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

No argument from me. Just Ford. And the Ford dealership. Still have had no traction on this from Ford or the dealer. Right now, I've got better things to do than spend hours on multiple days getting back and forth to the dealer, waiting for them, waiting for Ford, etc. It looks like this is their plan...to wear me down.

And them telling me not to worry about it because it is covered under warranty is pointless when "the warranty" is not doing anything about it.

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just turn your troublesome top into an instant $7000 stack of money via FB marketplace and be done with it while you still can.
Sponsored