Sponsored

Do you think cracks in a $60k truck should be considered normal?

• Total voters

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford bought into Webasto's marketing of themselves as an expert in composite honeycomb panel manufacturing. The idea probably sounded good, but the actual production turned out more difficult than anticipated, and the thin outer skin and bonding issues have been a concern.

My opinion, the hardtop outer skin is too thin and dependent on the underlying honeycomb and bonding for it's structure. But how do you change that when manufacturing is already up and running, probably not so easy?
100% agree. I think the biggest issue is the outer layer is too thin. If it were just a smidge thicker, likely problem solved. Easy right???......no, because I'm sure their molds that are built don't allow a thicker outer shell. So they (Webasto) would need to totally start over. I'm guessing Ford is telling Webasto this, but Webasto is saying they are cracking because of the vehicle itself (bouncing around, shocks, movement, etc.) and putting the blame back on Ford and not themselves.
Sponsored

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My 7 month old 2 door is leaking water from cracks in the top under the mount for the roof rack. Is it from flexing offroad? Will ford replace it? Will the new one crack as well? :(
This is what I'm worried about adding a roof rack. You're the first person I think I've seen it happen to.

OP
OP
2door

2door

Outer Banks
First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco® The Sasquatch™ 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Sponsored

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Chevy, 2004 Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Base

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Chevy, 2004 Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Base

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

worst part is I do not have a rack up there:confused:
Ford Bronco Ford Says These MIC Hardtop Cracks Are Considered Normal IMG_20231220_113904_760
Damn, that's so bad and embarrassing for Ford. They have to DO something about this instead of just replacing all of our cracked tops with the exact same tops.
Sponsored