Sponsored

Do you think cracks in a $60k truck should be considered normal?

• Total voters

American Sender

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco and 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I saw this picture today in the Bronco group on FB. I wonder if Ford considers this normal too.

1679595300513.png
I guess Ford did not anticipate that their tops would get poison oak. That sucks for those of us in California doing any off-roading since poison oak is an abundance out here.

tritonx100

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford explore
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just received a response from the Ford dealer that worked on the warranty claim for the paint issues with my Bronco. Here's the initial thread
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/bronco-birthmarks-and-other-quality-issues.68286/

It took them 1 month to get it repainted. I had to drive a rental RAV4 all that time:mad:, but finally I received a message from a service advisor saying that the Bronco should be ready for pickup in 1 hour. I hope the body shop did a better paint job than the Ford factory.

In addition to the paint flaws, I wanted the dealer to address the cracks in the MIC hardtop while they have the truck. And here's the reply I received:

PXL_20230127_194355596.jpg
PXL_20230221_160445538.jpg

It's sad to see that @Ford Motor Company is not even trying to cover their current quality issues with good customer service. Until just recently, I was thinking about buying a new Mustang, but after having these problems with the Bronco and the poor customer support, I think I will not buy another car from Ford until they resolve all the issues.
Ford would have been better off making these out of fiberglass as the cracks could have been fixed. I haven't seen any of these yet on my wildtrak but once the weather heats up after this brutal winter i expect to see some issues with the plastic.

TheGriffin1313

Base
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What I want to know who are the 15 Ford employees that voted “yes”
😤

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

TheGriffin1313

Base
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford would have been better off making these out of fiberglass as the cracks could have been fixed. I haven't seen any of these yet on my wildtrak but once the weather heats up after this brutal winter i expect to see some issues with the plastic.
They would have been better if not making them at all…

Quest

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Black Diamond 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wait a minute.. they actually will repaint as a warranty service?
I have an ugly blemish line on the driver-side back door almost from the door handle down to the wheel well.
Ford Bronco Ford Says These MIC Hardtop Cracks Are Considered Normal Capture.JPG

OP
OP
2door

2door

Outer Banks
First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco® The Sasquatch™ 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wait a minute.. they actually will repaint as a warranty service?
I have an ugly blemish line on the driver-side back door almost from the door handle down to the wheel well.
Capture.JPG
Ford did repaint mine.

The body shop was so excited to work on my Bronco that they painted not only the parts listed in the work order but also the passenger side mirror and the plastic trim on the B-pillar. Today I asked the dealer to clean it up or replace the oversprayed parts. I'm waiting for their response.

Ford Bronco Ford Says These MIC Hardtop Cracks Are Considered Normal PXL_20230326_014320455

Ford Bronco Ford Says These MIC Hardtop Cracks Are Considered Normal PXL_20230326_010721274

Other than that, the body shop did a good job – now my Bronco looks better than when it came from the factory covered in ugly warts.

Last edited:

BadlandsA51

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux Pkg, 72 Ranchero GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just received a response from the Ford dealer that worked on the warranty claim for the paint issues with my Bronco. Here's the initial thread
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/bronco-birthmarks-and-other-quality-issues.68286/

It took them 1 month to get it repainted. I had to drive a rental RAV4 all that time:mad:, but finally I received a message from a service advisor saying that the Bronco should be ready for pickup in 1 hour. I hope the body shop did a better paint job than the Ford factory.

In addition to the paint flaws, I wanted the dealer to address the cracks in the MIC hardtop while they have the truck. And here's the reply I received:

Ford Bronco Ford Says These MIC Hardtop Cracks Are Considered Normal PXL_20230326_010721274

It's sad to see that @Ford Motor Company is not even trying to cover their current quality issues with good customer service. Until just recently, I was thinking about buying a new Mustang, but after having these problems with the Bronco and the poor customer support, I think I will not buy another car from Ford until they resolve all the issues.
I’m shop foreman at a Ford dealer and have seen an official Ford document advising dealer service departments on what is and isn’t covered on MIC tops. The cracks in your top are specifically covered. Many other cracks in other areas are not covered, but those are. Might try a different dealer, but usually your selling dealer is your best bet.

Sponsored
OP
OP
2door

2door

Outer Banks
First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco® The Sasquatch™ 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m shop foreman at a Ford dealer and have seen an official Ford document advising dealer service departments on what is and isn’t covered on MIC tops. The cracks in your top are specifically covered. Many other cracks in other areas are not covered, but those are. Might try a different dealer, but usually your selling dealer is your best bet.
Thanks a lot for the info!
The dealer I'm trying to solve this issue through is the same dealer I bought the Bronco from. I don't know why they are giving me such a hard time with these warranty requests.

BadlandsA51

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux Pkg, 72 Ranchero GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Those that are pretty obviously damage, around edges, corners, and around the locating pins.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Flip posted the document a while back.
Sponsored