Sponsored

Another dealer said thread (about Penalties)

Seventyfouronthefloor

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, LUBR, Chrome Yellow, 2016 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You forgot the rising gas prices to add to that mix.
I am curious about how cheap/how many ‘21 Broncos are going to be/be available in 2023 when there’s a $1.00/gal carbon tax on 87 octane and $1.10 on 91 octane. Somewhat glad I’m all-in on a MOD top/Heritage and can wait until 2023 since I’ve wanted a new Bronco since the 2006 concept. After waiting 15 years, waiting another year or two isn’t a big deal. I fully expect the national average cost of gas to be around $5.00/gal by 2023.
Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford isn’t going to enforce any restrictions. Ford’s delivery date for ordered Broncos is between today and 2.5 years from now. It’s not reasonable to expect less than 20% of customers to change their mind, move 5 states away, lose their job, have a child (or 2), have major medical hardships , etc. If the interest rate reaction to inflation happens sooner than later there will be A LOT of customers that walk away due to financing.
Yep any person a year ago could have made a reservation (or multiple reservations as some folks here have admitted to). For various reasons and reality setting in, a significant number of those will not materialize as a closed sale to the reservation holder.

The reservation thing is a marketing ploy Ford has decided to use, which has now extended to the F150 Lighting and Maverick. Apparently Ford will soon make available for $200 deposit, a "TBD reservation", good for any vehicle to be release in the next 10 years. ;)

Add in persons who have no business or legit use case buying a ladder frame lifted 4x4, realizing they bought a ladder frame lifted 4x4 for trips to the grocery store. Hey how do I get into this thing and why is the top leaking and noisy?! :)

Bottom line short of current constraints, this is a mass produced vehicle, suited for some owners actual usage and ill-suite for others, that will end up having similar value and resale as Wrangler. (And that's not a bad thing.)

Last edited: