First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm from Central Ohio and I can confirm dealers have been difficult to work with here - however - I would have never ever worked with RIcart. I have had issues with both Germain and Roush but ultimately have my order opened with Germain but I cannot currently confirm it with Ford (error on their end - or just refusal to accept other orders).

Still - can confirm - Ricart is the worst and I don't doubt what he said is true.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That sucks, but Ford said explicitly to agree on pricing before ordering. You would think that would be common sense…how would someone not think to do that? If you don’t have an agreement, they can charge whatever they want.

OP
OP

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
That sucks, but Ford said explicitly to agree on pricing before ordering. You would think that would be common sense…how would someone not think to do that? If you don’t have an agreement, they can charge whatever they want.
A lot of people don’t realize that. I’m pretty sure Ford requested dealerships do a purchase agreement. When I did mine up it seemed like my salesmen was following a checklist.

Sponsored

TGoar

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubi, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There has got to be something that can be done about these dealerships that do this.. Some huge social media campaign against them and ford. There has got to be something that Ford can do to put pressure on them. Let's put our collective heads together on a well prepared defensive response for our members. Something we can have in our back pocket for when this type of thing happens to fight and scare the shit out of these type of dealers. Bad behavior can't be rewarded.

STLRFAN

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco 74 Bronco 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
We live NC but had a group of us that all got reservations at the same time and followed one guy in our group to Mike Richenbach Ford in Florence SC. No issues at all and they went above and beyond to the point I bought the sales guy a $50 GC to Outback for all the help he provided.

Once I got the "your in Production" email my salesman gave me weekly updates on the exact day it was in production, when it hit the inspection lot, etc. The only issue we had and it was not the dealership issue was once it was marked "shipped" communication from Ford seemed to stop.

There is some report the dealership can run to see exactly what stage you are in. They can even see the exact day you go on the assembly line rather than the generic week range you get from Ford.

Mine just showed up, dealership had not notification it was even on the way. I got an email from Ford 3 days AFTER I took delivery that it had been delivered to the dealership.

I was 2 weeks to the day from the time I got the "your built" email until it arrived at the dealership in SC.

I paid the price that was calculated when I built mine through the Ford website. Our local dealership was requiring a $1k deposit but the dealership we bought from did not. Only paid the $100 reservation fee.

BigSki150

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just looked for it on FB and I didn't see it. I am part of the group. It was possibly removed.

Krisegon

Outer Banks
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 GMC Yukon SLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I originally had my reservation there. They are an extremely high volume dealer and I knew it would be a very smooth process for purchase. They also do a great job in their service department. However, as soon as Ford withdrew X-Plan, I knew I had to move my res, because the high volume they do means they will have a buyer, no matter the ADM. I didn't want to take any chances. Thanks for posting this, makes me happy with my decision.

Sponsored

DANGL3

Outer Banks
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4d
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Last edited:

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I originally had my reservation there. They are an extremely high volume dealer and I knew it would be a very smooth process for purchase. They also do a great job in their service department. However, as soon as Ford withdrew X-Plan, I knew I had to move my res, because the high volume they do means they will have a buyer, no matter the ADM. I didn't want to take any chances. Thanks for posting this, makes me happy with my decision.
It's a double edged sword. The sales manager at Germain said Ricart has the most Bronco orders in the state and it's not even close. Germain is 2nd in central Ohio and it's a distant second.

That's good because they are plugged into the process and familiar but it is bad because like you said - as soon as something is amiss with your deal - they will be on to the next customer and there will be a next customer.

I tried going through Roush Ford but I was going to be just their second bronco order and I was largely teaching the sales guy about the process. I felt uneasy and they fumbled my order for a few days so I walked away, canceled my reservation, and re-reserved with Germain.

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There has got to be something that can be done about these dealerships that do this.. Some huge social media campaign against them and ford. There has got to be something that Ford can do to put pressure on them. Let's put our collective heads together on a well prepared defensive response for our members. Something we can have in our back pocket for when this type of thing happens to fight and scare the shit out of these type of dealers. Bad behavior can't be rewarded.

There is it's called customer awareness/education. It's the customers fault for not getting everything in writing before hand. If it's their first purchase I can see where they might not know this but it looks like they've leased before. You never wait until the end to seal the deal (on anything) and always make sure everything is in writing.

This more so now than ever because with the chip shortages dealers are trying to make up for lost sales any way they can. Sure the dealer is a slime ball for doing this but in the end it's your fault for not be prepared.

DadLife

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What exactly is a purchase agreement without putting something down? For example, I went in to my dealership and built it out and had them print the build out and give it to me with my final price. It isn’t signed by them or me, but the guy I’m dealing with I also followed to this new dealership and he has assured me more than once I won’t be susceptible to markups because of our relationship.

OP
OP

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
What exactly is a purchase agreement without putting something down? For example, I went in to my dealership and built it out and had them print the build out and give it to me with my final price. It isn’t signed by them or me, but the guy I’m dealing with I also followed to this new dealership and he has assured me more than once I won’t be susceptible to markups because of our relationship.
A PA details selling price, tax, fees. Simply printing out a Dora and saying that’s good enough is setting alot of people up for disappointment.
Sponsored