First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you listen closely at the end of each rev, you can hear the popping noise from inside the cabin and hood closed. It’s just even more pronounced and easier to show the issue with the hood open. Here is a video from inside the cabin with doors, windows, and hood closed.

Is it that thump sound?
Sponsored

Donkeygyrl

Base
First Name
Sheri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have mine vented to atmosphere, manual transmission i hear the pssssst but no clicking.Try venting it 5.00 kit from panda motorsports

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

FWIW, mine has been making the click noise since brand new. I'm just over 15k miles, zero issues. Consistently pulls 18 PSI on full throttle, seems to relieve pressure just as easily. I've just accepted it as normal operation.

piney-hop

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.3L Manual 2DR BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Here is the flutter with the turbosmart bypass valve

That flutter seems similar to what the BOV adapter sounds like in BMS' product video. It reminds me of 90/00s era turbo cars. The BMS video shows the recirculation pipe shaking a bit, so maybe there is a problem with the wastegate/turbo on their car...

Update: BMS said they were supposedly building boost in a certain way to purposely make the BOV flutter in the video.

Last edited:

soldier989

Base
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Base MT / 2021 MX-5 GT / 1966 Ford F10
Your Bronco Model
Base
I noticed this click on day 1, anytime I shifted, and immediately thought something was up with my transmission. Then noticed it when I rev'd the engine. After that, I noticed many people posting on here with the same issue, without any notable issues (normal operation with this many reports of it).

Finally, I noticed how much I enjoy this car, quirks and all.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Donkeygyrl

Base
First Name
Sheri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Maybe check air filter box thats where it vents to.

3bedrooms

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just developed this same sound. 2.3L manual. Started after installing aftermarket exhaust. Has any person found resolution? It's driving me insane

OP
OP
patchymanz

patchymanz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just developed this same sound. 2.3L manual. Started after installing aftermarket exhaust. Has any person found resolution? It's driving me insane
The concensus is that it's "normal" but obviously super annoying and I wish Ford would resolve it. You can get hood sound insulation and a turbosmart BOV or BPV.

sound deadening: https://ticklemybronco.com/products/2021-2022-ford-bronco-soundproof-hood-liner-insulation

blow off valve: https://www.cjponyparts.com/turbosm...pact-dual-port-2-3l-2-7l-bronco/p/TS02231082/

OP
OP
patchymanz

patchymanz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I noticed this click on day 1, anytime I shifted, and immediately thought something was up with my transmission. Then noticed it when I rev'd the engine. After that, I noticed many people posting on here with the same issue, without any notable issues (normal operation with this many reports of it).

Finally, I noticed how much I enjoy this car, quirks and all.
Broncos are great, and I'm happy you and everyone else are enjoying them.

However, this sound is still very irritating and kind of concerning. I've basiaclly only owned turbo 4-5 cylinder cars and I've never ever heard such a loud BPV.

soldier989

Base
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Base MT / 2021 MX-5 GT / 1966 Ford F10
Your Bronco Model
Base
Broncos are great, and I'm happy you and everyone else are enjoying them.

However, this sound is still very irritating and kind of concerning. I've basiaclly only owned turbo 4-5 cylinder cars and I've never ever heard such a loud BPV.
Helped my friend install a K&N filter on his 2022. Man, it sounds good. I actively listened for the BOV/BPV on his, just to satisfy my own curiosity, and it sure has the same clicking/clunking as mine. But, I don't think it's as loud.

I have a 2023. Maybe the part changed some between model years, I'm not sure. I also agree that I've not heard one this loud on other Turbo's I've had. More or less letting you know this, so you you know that you're not alone. It does seem "normal" to Ford, although not normal to us. Clearly, it could have been made better.

I did install the hood pad last week, and that has deadened some of the engine sounds.

Sponsored
OP
OP
patchymanz

patchymanz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Helped my friend install a K&N filter on his 2022. Man, it sounds good. I actively listened for the BOV/BPV on his, just to satisfy my own curiosity, and it sure has the same clicking/clunking as mine. But, I don't think it's as loud.

I have a 2023. Maybe the part changed some between model years, I'm not sure. I also agree that I've not heard one this loud on other Turbo's I've had. More or less letting you know this, so you you know that you're not alone. It does seem "normal" to Ford, although not normal to us. Clearly, it could have been made better.

I did install the hood pad last week, and that has deadened some of the engine sounds.
It's definitely an interesting case haha. I guess at the end of the day, like you said, as long as we enjoy the cars that's what matters. I think the best thing for it is a turbosmart BOV/BPV for anyone it irritates too much.
Happy to hear the hood pad helped a bit too!

Donkeygyrl

Base
First Name
Sheri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Took off the line that directs the blowout to the airfilter box ,all I hear now is whooosh

Mattyfly42

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 door 2.3L MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Had the same issue. Installed a turbo smart 50/50 BOV no more ticking sound.
Sponsored