Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Jeep GC 5.7, 93 Wrangler, 20 Polaris Turbo S
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I use those Bingfu mounts. Have two : one for CB and one for HAM. They work great.

And to answer the question about paint:
There is a bit of foam under one side, and an aluminum bar that goes between the screws and surface on the other. I just cover it with felt that way I have no scratches on any surface.

I also made a handheld radio mount for my Maverick. I am trying to design a FITS adapter to use in the Bronco as well for those who prefer that route so they don't have to hardwire radios or run cables.

What the first version looks like in my Maverick is here:
An Even Better Handheld Radio Mount (And Then Some) Using Dashboard Cubby

I am working on making some FITS connector adapters to add FITS points in my Bronco for other stuff as well. One will go on the Archetype BYOD rail, and working on another to go on the console grab handle so the radio mount could be used in either location.
Added the molle panel to the grab handle that I attach the pouch to. This allows easy removal when not in use because, well, city life.

87DD7CEA-E2B3-4FDC-AF24-1B0782827C13.jpeg

EA14209F-5EF2-48FC-B7B8-FA860434B420.jpeg
Sponsored

bman3000

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Jeep GC 5.7, 93 Wrangler, 20 Polaris Turbo S
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey nice this will work great! It won’t mess with paint at all?
No, it has backing material to prevent scratches.
Also, keep in mind that a lot of the spare tire mounts may not work due to clearance between door and tire when used with Sasquatch or aftermarket wheels with offset. That is why I went this route.

TenSeven

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn’t get the reinforcement plate now I feel like I’m regretting it lol. Is that a mobile mag mount or the one that fits over windows that you put in the slot?
That antenna mount is the one that came with the antenna I linked above. It is indeed slotted into the reinf plate and secured with set screws. I would not trust a magnet mounted antenna of that size in a vertical position.

To install that mount, you must attach it to the reinf plate first, then install the reinf plate. Once the plate and mount are bolted to the swing gate, there is ZERO acess to the mount's set screws. Be sure you like where it is mounted and the set screws are tight or you get to take it all apart to move it.

Also, using that mount, in that placement, on that Rough Country reinf plate leaves about an inch of clearance between the mount and the tail light when the swing gate is fully opened. I did not think to check that clearance when I installed the mount and got very lucky that clearance was there and I did not crush the tail light.

az_dirt

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bad Sas AMB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Moribach

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Curious about the clearance when the top is retracted back, do the "folds" get in the way? I have a soft top and curious about that. I like the solution. Thanks!
I use the same thing but nearer the door edge. No issues with soft top what so ever in any position.

I am planning to replace it with a solution off a rear door brace at some point just because I can.
Ford Bronco Antenna mounts - UHF/VHF, CB etc 20220604_135005

Sponsored

Prew

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Used this setup on lower door hinge with longer bolt, there is a lug nut from a golf cart painted black to center bracket. It has a conical seat which mated with hinge perfectly. Ground plane intact with only 0.8 ohms of resistance to negative battery terminal. 1.4 SWR reading.

IMG_20220725_153835468.jpg

Prew

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Oh yeah, bolt is from a Ford Crown Victoria, 4.6 intake manifold. Same thread diameter and pitch. I love using old Ford bolts on new ones.

Prew

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you need more height for a different antenna combination, just rotate bracket 180 degrees and you get another 2 inches in height either way. You could even move it to top hinge for a shorter firestik antenna. I'm not paying big money for custom brackets. You guys probably have a jar with this crap in your garage somewhere like I did.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I use the same thing but nearer the door edge. No issues with soft top what so ever in any position.

I am planning to replace it with a solution off a rear door brace at some point just because I can.
Ford Bronco Antenna mounts - UHF/VHF, CB etc IMG_20220725_153835468
Gosh I really like that, makes me want to relocate mine from the hood to the back
Sponsored