Sponsored

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yuck. That color will show every speck of dirt, scratches, etc.

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think ford is continuing to change the colors

that does not match the paint can

Sponsored

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I want what Ford advertised!:
Ford Bronco Antimatter Blue Bronco Preproduction First Look! 4 Door Big Bend Model 1602265437315

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I agree, I like the color but I am concerned about scratches. I was going to get this color but I'm think rapid red might be better long-term.
If you're worried about scratches showing and Rapid Red is the solution, you miiiiiiiight want to look into the cost of materials to re-spray a tri-coat. (FYI: It's about $1,000-1,200 in paint materials to spray a bumper)

All paints will get scratches and there are the tried and true methods for paint correction. Tri-Coats are absolutely the most expensive rout you could possibly go for any sort of spraying or color matching.

Why does it have signature lighting? Why can’t Ford freaking make proper examples of their own dang trim levels??
They are using whatever parts are available to create rigs to conduct crash testing. They also use the time in manufacturing to work out the kinks along the assembly line and sort out all of the tooling.

so what i'm trying to understand is what are they doing with these preproduction vehicles? Are they just building for the purpose of making sure the building process goes smoothly and testing? Or are these vehicles they will be sending to dealerships?
As others have said (and my comment directly above): crash testing. So no, they won't get the spit and polish of a vehicle going to a customer. Some corners will be cut (such as final paint preparation and ensuring even body gaps), others ignored (non-functioning radios/lights/etc).

If memory serves from when my uncle worked in crash testing, these vehicles must be able to run under their own power to the testing location. However, they will be trailered there, fired up and brought to temp. then turned off, all fluids drained, and a steam powered rig will pull/push them into the structure used for deformation/crash testing. This ensures that the testing facility isn't covered in fluids, but that testing is done with full spec motors.

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yup that ones mine! Just slap my name on it and shipper to IL!! ?

Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Literally just saw an Amb f150 drive by in high sun. I’m back on board ?
you sure it was a 2021 AMB? Not a 2020 blue jeans? I don’t think it’s out yet

FTFRS

Yep, hence why I said whatever parts they have on hand. I figured they don't have big orders of almost any part on hand yet because they're still in testing, but they still need to test the overall general platform for crash safety and other stuff. Crash safety isn't going to be hugely impacted by mismatched headlights or fender flares or interior trim, so it doesn't matter at this point that they're building frankenbroncos, because the overall build resembles a finished bronco and is good enough for the testing they're doing.

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks I hate it.

Seriously, trying to figure out what AMB will look like is like trying to figure out why my girlfriend is upset.

Also, why does BB get the best looking grill? I hope Ford will let you chose which one you want but I doubt it.
Sponsored