jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
To answer someone else's question - I think its a black top coat, which is why weak sun / shade / overcast reads as black. And strong / direct sun penetrates through the top coat and shows blue. This also explains why the fluorescent lights in the factory shine right through, showing the entire car as a deep blue. That strong unnatural lighting is playing major tricks on this, and i would NOT expect the factory photo leak to ever represent how this color would naturally look. Which, frankly, i think is a good thing. The factory photos look terrible.

After seeing Magma Red in person, if AMB is anything like that in the flesh, it will be awesome. And a lot of us are going to look back at how much time we wasted analyzing this color lol
Sponsored

Last edited:

Delasangre

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To answer someone else's question - I think its a black top coat, which is why weak sun / shade / overcast reads as black. And strong / direct sun penetrates through the top coat and shows blue. This also explains why the fluorescent lights in the factory shine right through, showing the entire car as a deep blue. That strong unnatural lighting is playing major tricks on this, and i would NOT expect the factory photo leak to ever represent how this color would naturally look. Which, frankly, i think is a good thing. The factory photos look terrible.

After seeing Magma Red in person, if AMB is anything like that in the flesh, it will be awesome. And a lot of us are going to look back at how much time we wasted analyzing this color lol
Your points make alot of sense, I think I am on the other side of the coin however, I do not want my Bronco to look black on a cloudy day because here in the PNW that is 3 of every 4 days. If I want it to look black I would order black. I think for my money Velocity Blue or Lightning Blue if I can, or Green is for me. Although I will be jealous as heck if I ever catch a AMB on a bright summer day...

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am so torn on this color, it looks spectacular in the sun but looks black in too many photos in the shade. I had a Ram 1500 as a rental for a few weeks and I though it was black every day and then one day the sun came out and it was a super dark green. I don't want a blue that looks black in the shade... Is this just camera or does this look black in the shade in person too?
this? Dark forest green. Behaves the same way as ford green gem, magma red, kodiak brown and likely AMB. All seem to have a black top coat for the flip flop effect

although the dark forest green displayed much less color than the ford colors do. The flip flop is veryshort lived in that video.
Did it really take you days to notice the car was not black?

edit yeah likely darker than ford green gem

you almost can’t tell the difference against black. Even dealer labeled as black lol

Last edited:

Delasangre

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
this? Dark forest green. Behaves the same way as ford green gem, magma red, kodiak brown and likely AMB. All seem to have a black top coat for the flip flop effect

although the dark forest green displayed much less color than the ford colors do. The flip flop is veryshort lived in that video.
Did it really take you days to notice the car was not black?

Yep, pretty sure that's the color ram I had for about a month as a rental. I had it in the dead of winter so it was never that bright and sunny out, but the sun did peek out once or twice and the green was beautiful but 95% of the time i thought I had a black truck. Sadly I won't be getting AMB.

Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yep, pretty sure that's the color ram I had for about a month as a rental. I had it in the dead of winter so it was never that bright and sunny out, but the sun did peek out once or twice and the green was beautiful but 95% of the time i thought I had a black truck. Sadly I won't be getting AMB.
just edited my post. Check out the jeep video lol. Sometimes you have to wonder whats the point of this color

Delasangre

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
just edited my post. Check out the jeep video lol. Sometimes you have to wonder whats the point of this color
I mean I get it, if I liked black cars which I used to, but I wanted it to have a splash of color sometimes I'd be all over this color. But for me I want something wild, not cyber orange wild, but bright blue, green or red instead of boring white, grey, or black like 9/10 cars on the road are these days.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For others-

here are my photos of magma red next to black. Personally, I loved it on the lot. It almost felt like the red color moved with you as you walked around the car. But yes, it reverts to black in the shade with color edging.

in person, the black did look black in the shade. But the photos showing color are understated. In person, the color pops were bigger and brighter. For example in the first photo you could see red only above the brow of the headlight, but in person you saw red from the passenger mirror to the top right corner of the grille

Ford Bronco Antimatter Blue Thread 20CB7E2A-D24E-42F1-900E-519FBC90DB06

Ford Bronco Antimatter Blue Thread ED34B2F1-F985-488F-904C-DE16857E0FF7

Ford Bronco Antimatter Blue Thread BAC7CDF9-40B0-45B1-8ADE-B7B4A3BFF594

Last edited:

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hmm antimatter is just getting harder and harder for me. I’m basically locked out.

1. No black mod top for stealth look, and no black top to even paint white if that is your look...
2. OBX was really my trim for this to have blue pops on the flares, then gloss black roof to match OBX grille. However, after B&P, OBX brown leather for some reason leaves you with a anodized brown dash!? Which puts me into the navy pier which I don’t like as do most.
3. AMB with a MIC top is not a long term solution. The color is darker than the top. And IMO clashes horribly. And AMB with unpainted flares on another trim is not how I am envisioning this build.

So a lot of complications to work through.

Hate to say it, but the overland badlands at super cel proved that a MIC top and Area 51 go well together. Still unsure if I’ll like A51 long term. But for the same cost of a loaded OBX (with paying a premium down the road for the mod top, plus cost of 33s), I could get a loaded badlands with a better interior and a MIC top with matching flares and grille Day 1....and marine grade comes standard as opposed to paying for leather on OBX. I did the math and I actually save some money going the badlands A51 MIC top route.

will need to see AMB in the flesh, and it’s going to need to be very compelling to go to the OBX and living with navy pier and waiting for a mod top.

...I could go AMB on the badlands but I’d have to still pay and wait for a black mod top, custom paint fenders and door handles body color, and paint the grille gloss black (or order Wildtrak grille). But all of that rolls up to a lot of money

Ford Bronco Antimatter Blue Thread 449DBFCC-9377-49F0-BFB7-F448982D5A62

Last edited:

Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I agree. The MIC grey top renders AMB as a non choice.
100%. No super dark color is going to look good with all of these unpainted parts (which are lighter in color).

I laid out a bunch of options, most of which involve having to wait for a mod top (taking delivery with a soft top). But I feel like I am really rolling the dice and at Fords mercy waiting on a mod top, because i simply do not want a soft top or MIC top with AMB. How long do i need to live with that? A couple months? Does that become a year?

At the moment, im leaning towards the highlighted column in the middle - Badlands with MIC top (that matches other unpainted bits of the Badlands trim) and a lighter color that doesnt clash. It's the least costly, but with more content over the OBX, a better interior, and NO WAITING for the mod top. I get everything Day 1. It almost seems like a no brainer.

Again, if i see AMB next month on a F150 and it just blows me away, then I'll have to come to terms with making sacrifices (such as a living with a Navy Pier OBX, and waiting for a mod top)...or paying a few K more on painted flares etc on a Badlands, and again, waiting for a mod top.

Maybe ill pick a cloudy day to see AMB in person so i dont lust over it and do something stupid lol

Last edited:

Musicalfisherman

Badlands
First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would really love to get AMB but the top, grill, fender, and handles that are available make it look like a clown car! I don't want to mess with custom painting parts to get the look I want.

My solution (for right now anyway) is to get my Badlands in Area 51 - I think it looks really good with the MIC top. I'll drive that for a couple years till they come out with some better options. Maybe by MY2023 I can get an AMB Badlands with a white top and marine grade vinyl seats in something other than dark grey.

Then I can have the fun of ordering a Bronco twice! I have no problem getting a temporary Bronco. Drive it for a couple years, then I'll know exactly what I want on my next one.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would really love to get AMB but the top, grill, fender, and handles that are available make it look like a clown car! I don't want to mess with custom painting parts to get the look I want.

My solution (for right now anyway) is to get my Badlands in Area 51 - I think it looks really good with the MIC top. I'll drive that for a couple years till they come out with some better options. Maybe by MY2023 I can get an AMB Badlands with a white top and marine grade vinyl seats in something other than dark grey.

Then I can have the fun of ordering a Bronco twice! I have no problem getting a temporary Bronco. Drive it for a couple years, then I'll know exactly what I want on my next one.
well you could get OBX with all the painted bits and soft top and wait a little to get a mod top delivered. That’s the path of least resistance to properly outfit a car with AMB

But the OBX interiors are hideous. Unless you like navy pier paired with AMB

Musicalfisherman

Badlands
First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
well you could get OBX with all the painted bits and soft top and wait a little to get a mod top delivered. That’s the path of least resistance to properly outfit a car with AMB

But the OBX interiors are hideous. Unless you like navy pier paired with AMB
That would be the easiest path. I'm getting a Badlands though!

I thought about waiting for 2022MY so I could get the AMB with a white top, but if I do that I won't get my Bronco till spring / summer of 2022. Right now I have a 7/17 reservation. So if I go with Area 51 (which still looks pretty cool) I will hopefully have my Bronco summer / early fall. Then I can at least be driving one while I wait for what I really want. This sitting on the sidelines drooling doesn't sit well with me :LOL:

NativeSoCal

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch 2D Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That would be the easiest path. I'm getting a Badlands though!

I thought about waiting for 2022MY so I could get the AMB with a white top, but if I do that I won't get my Bronco till spring / summer of 2022. Right now I have a 7/17 reservation. So if I go with Area 51 (which still looks pretty cool) I will hopefully have my Bronco summer / early fall. Then I can at least be driving one while I wait for what I really want. This sitting on the sidelines drooling doesn't sit well with me :LOL:
Agree! I've got a 7/17 reservation and went through the same thought process. I don't want to wait that long for the right colored top (gray looks terrible on AMB) and am now considering different colors such as cyber orange. It's been hard enough waiting for spring 21! Holding out hope that Ford can somehow find a way to make that gray top a lot darker/closer to black for spring 21 production.
Sponsored