jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Agree! I've got a 7/17 reservation and went through the same thought process. I don't want to wait that long for the right colored top (gray looks terrible on AMB) and am now considering different colors such as cyber orange. It's been hard enough waiting for spring 21! Holding out hope that Ford can somehow find a way to make that gray top a lot darker/closer to black for spring 21 production.
The MIC top is labeled as carbonized gray. It’s definitely a done deal at this point. The color is intentional and it’s not like they are experimenting to try to achieve black. Actually the MIC top has certain sheens of bronze in certain light, similar to carbonized gray body paint, which makes sense. So yeah, you know it’s an intentional color.
Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Damn. Its not as dark as I thought. I was hoping i wouldnt like it so i could get an A51 Badlands with no regrets. But AMB may pull me back to an OBX, meaning i need to get a soft top and wait for black mod top, shop around 33s, and live with navy pier. Hmmmmmm

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Damn. Its not as dark as I thought. I was hoping i wouldnt like it so i could get an A51 Badlands with no regrets. But AMB may pull me back to an OBX, meaning i need to get a soft top and wait for black mod top, shop around 33s, and live with navy pier. Hmmmmmm
Oh, that's still super dark. Look at the places other than where the sun is reflected directly back at the camera, such as above and below the tail lights. That's full sun, but not directly reflected back, and it's nearly black.

Navy Pier: Will leave that decision up to you! Although AMB will be a good pairing with it. Assuming you don't get the Decepticon Gold dash treatment.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As for the factory photos, im throwing all those out. But for the outdoor pic...you're right. Look at the guys shadow. Thats morning sun, low in the sky, directly hitting the rear face of the car. So basically 100% optimal sun exposure in that pic.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Whats the original thread source? Maybe there are more photos there. I dont see anything, so someone probably posted them in some mega thread

Musicalfisherman

Badlands
First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

jbf19

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Chevrolet Blazer and 2015 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That grey top is hideous. IMO, it makes AMB a no go for me unless I can wait until 22MY and get a white top or wait for the modular top and paint it myself. I think AMB with a white top would be bad ass.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That grey top is hideous. IMO, it makes AMB a no go for me unless I can wait until 22MY and get a white top or wait for the modular top
Ditto. only getting AMB with OBX painted flares and painted mod top. There's really no other way to make it look good. But it could go from zero to hero. Unfortunately, that comes with too many sacrifices (due to interior options of OBX), and the waiting of the mod top. Going to be difficult spending $55k and waiting over a year for my early reservation only to take delivery with a soft top, and then waiting for x number of unknown months for a mod top. All while having a navy pier interior for perpetuity.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's unfortunate...if black mod top didnt slip to late availability, and the OBX roast interior didnt have that whacky dashboard, that would have been my build all day long.

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been on the AMB bandwagon since release day and I will not switch. I want the police report to say: Witness #1, the truck was Black. Witness #2, the truck was Blue. ;)

NativeSoCal

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch 2D Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands