jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Surprised no one brought this up but Kodak brown (a sister color) is offered on the Sport and we have real life photos of it here

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/official-kodiak-brown-bronco-sport-thread.1177/

You could see how it transforms from black to brown in the sun given the black topcoat. Same as AMB. Figure AMB will be very similar, but with two exceptions 1. The flake, and 2. That it will naturally be harder to identify blue instead of brown given dark colors, such as black, also read as blue given the reflection of the sky.

...and to dispell Ford CGIs. Look at the CGI of kodiak. It basically shows it in ā€˜best case scenarioā€™ mode with full sun reading as a true brown. Same goes for AMB CGIs showing a true blue. So I wouldnā€™t get your hopes up too much, nor set your expectations with the CGIs (Iā€™m not but I know others are)

Lastly I feel like the Bronco Sport photos shows how a gloss black top helps bring out more color given its gives the eye a point of reference for true black

8632D1AD-3C82-42D5-80AC-F71B5AB91FE8.jpeg

1AD0B17B-AEDB-401F-9D65-19C244A2A4ED.jpeg

2AB74A8A-06D4-454A-B121-2EE0CAC882DD.jpeg

E38D357B-2999-44C4-B289-47118BC7B250.jpeg

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Posted this in the other Amb thread but like it here in the sun. (Background)

Ford Bronco Antimatter Blue Thread E38D357B-2999-44C4-B289-47118BC7B250
Yup. I like the AMB in the background too. Reminds me of a dark blue boxy LR4 (which is the look Iā€™m going for). Outside of the factory AMB photos thatā€™s the only Bronco weā€™ve seen in AMB. Itā€™s actually a clay model Badlands. We have two more photos of That clay model here. Looks sinister with the black top and you could see how the black top pulls out more color when you focus on where the rear quarter panel meets the black clamshell top

3E540BF6-1EDD-414F-B369-1C32937C6EC8.jpeg

7772D03E-0AAE-410C-B8ED-8186DBECDC09.png

30ips

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yup. I like the AMB in the background too. Reminds me of a dark blue boxy LR4 (which is the look Iā€™m going for). Outside of the factory AMB photos thatā€™s the only Bronco weā€™ve seen in AMB. Itā€™s actually a clay model Badlands. We have two more photos of That clay model here. Looks sinister with the black top and you could see how the black top pulls out more color when you focus on where the rear quarter panel meets the black clamshell top

Ford Bronco Antimatter Blue Thread 7772D03E-0AAE-410C-B8ED-8186DBECDC09
Oh man I hadnā€™t seen this photo. It looks so badass.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Oh man I hadnā€™t seen this photo. It looks so badass.
Yup. Looks good. I know many, including myself, are quick to think a white top is the appropriate top for this color, but after seeing the kodiak brown on the Sport with black top, Iā€™m starting to see the appeal of pairing AMB with a shadow black top. A white top may look great on the two door, but Iā€™m starting to think a white top on the four door is more appropriate for the brighter/lighter colors. For AMB 4 door it may look like too much white over ā€˜blackā€™ and the blue will actually read more as black with a white top than it would with an actual black top, since youā€™re removing the point of reference....The negative is youā€™re left with a near black car. I could see myself steering away from the white top and going sinister build with an AMB OBX, painted fenders, gloss black grille/top, tinted front windows and 33s.

If white tops arenā€™t available I may actually be happy. If they were, Iā€™d most definitely default to it. But if they arenā€™t available, Iā€™d take delivery with a black top to really feel it out before deciding if I paint it white at the shop. I may end up wanting to keep the black top as is.

Sponsored

Delasangre

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am so torn on this color, it looks spectacular in the sun but looks black in too many photos in the shade. I had a Ram 1500 as a rental for a few weeks and I though it was black every day and then one day the sun came out and it was a super dark green. I don't want a blue that looks black in the shade... Is this just camera or does this look black in the shade in person too?

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Seeing this one with, what it think is a body colour roof, gives me that LR4 feel as well.

I really want to see more with a body colour roof. I think it might look good on AMB but could look not as good on other colours.

Delasangre

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Seeing this one with, what it think is a body colour roof, gives me that LR4 feel as well.

I really want to see more with a body colour roof. I think it might look good on AMB but could look not as good on other colours.
Itā€™s black. Zoom in. Also itā€™s more apparent when you look at the front pic where the blue A pillar meets the top.

keep in mind that body color tops are likely a dual top option (as it was in the original literature).

I know this sounds counter-intuitive, but the blue hues of AMB may be less obvious with a body colored top than a black top. So if you donā€™t want everyone thinking your car is black, youā€™re actually better off with a black top, more so than either a body colored top or white top for that matter. Because the color is so dark that sometimes you could only tell itā€™s not black when itā€™s next to a true black (in this case, the roof)

Last edited:

Sponsored

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R || 2019 Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am wondering...is AMB a black base coat with an ā€œAntimatter Blueā€ translucent (not the superhero from The Boys ā€” awesome show btw lol) top coat of some sort like black base, lue translucent, clear translucent with the antimatter flakes, then a clear top coat?

Isnā€™t that how they do a Tri-color metallic like cyber orange?

This would explain its deep black in the shade.

I hope to hell that I can see some antimatter blue in the dealership before December.

R

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Totally think weā€™ll see this color, everyone relax have a beer. Lol

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ve-arrived-cactus-gray-jet-fighter-gray.5067/

Look at all the vehicles antimatter blue will be on! Weā€™re bound to see one of those by December. Especially Escape or F150!

now if you wanna see Cyber Orange, hmmm. Less likely. Maaaaaybe Bronco Sport or a Ranger. Doubt weā€™ll see any Mach 1ā€™s this year.

r

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nice. You only put Mach 1, AMB should be on the reg Mustang...Job 1 after dec2020?

same for Escape. After as well?
I only included models with an est arrival, not job 1, for end of year. There are other models with AMB that may have job 1 in December but est arrival in 2021 that were left out.
Sponsored