Sponsored

Any aftermarket bumpers out yet that look…good/classy dare I say, stockish?

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Have a very classic build and ordered the plastic bumper with fogs. Didn’t want to get the mod bumper from the factory since it was a restriction at the time and I assumed something befitting would come from aftermarket.

Basically seeking a steel bumper w fogs that exposes more tire tread and the design looked natural / followed the lines of the bronco .I’ve seen some posts in the past with like 20 links to all the options and I’ve yet to see anything that’s as sleek as the mod bumper direct from Ford.

granted, I assumed a majority of the aftermarket would be aggressive in styling or incorporate a winch or bull bar, but everything I’ve seen thus far is like that.

Is there anything I’m missing?

Again the only thing that fits the bill so far is the mod bumper. The new capable bumper is nice too but has the same issue as the plastic bumper in the sense that it covers up too much tire tread and doesn’t give that additional visual lift.
Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
There is the huge bumper thread with links to all the options that were available at that time, plus it's many updates.

That's where I would start.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Outside of some Baja bars, just about every non-winch bumper I've seen have cut-outs for LED light bars, that I feel have already outlasted their lifespan. I'll be following the thread to see if there is something I've missed.

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There is the huge bumper thread with links to all the options that were available at that time, plus it's many updates.

That's where I would start.
Already scoured it. Nothing. Hence this thread posing the question . But I haven’t checked for updates further into that thread so will see if there or newer links. As noted in the original post I probably went through 20 so far.

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Subbed as well

Got a Modular bumper, dont see a need to upgrayedd it, but id I did, want something balanced between stock and AM looking

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Already scoured it. Nothing. Hence this thread posing the question . But I haven’t checked for updates further into that thread so will see if there or newer links. As noted in the original post I probably went through 20 so far.
It's tough that you're seeking a 60's or 80's classic look from a modern bumper on a modern car.

There are a ton of options, as you have found, and "looks" are such a subjective thing.

Perhaps you could post some images of bumpers that give an idea of the look you're after, even if not a 6th gen Bronco fitment?

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's tough that you're seeking a 60's or 80's classic look from a modern bumper on a modern car.

There are a ton of options, as you have found, and "looks" are such a subjective thing.

Perhaps you could post some images of bumpers that give an idea of the look you're after, even if not a 6th gen Bronco fitment?
something like this…without the winch…and without the wildtrak grille insert which IMO is kind of of cheesy as it seems like it mimicked tire treads.

Or this other one without the central lights and winch

Ford Bronco Any aftermarket bumpers out yet that look…good/classy dare I say, stockish? 17DBD38F-2E83-4481-B9B6-ED1FA2A6193F

Ford Bronco Any aftermarket bumpers out yet that look…good/classy dare I say, stockish? 51EB36ED-5EA0-47A7-A7E6-7FCFFA2940C8

Sponsored
OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Frankly the only thing that’s subtle is the stock mod bumper. I’d even go as far to respray to lighten it up half a shade so the deep black doesn’t clash with the fender flares. Then paint the middle/under part silver a la the raptor

Dickzip

Everglades
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

If you decide on a OEM modular bumper I have one for sale and a rear steel bumper. S/w Florida

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Have a very classic build and ordered the plastic bumper with fogs. Didn’t want to get the mod bumper from the factory since it was a restriction at the time and I assumed something befitting would come from aftermarket.

Basically seeking a steel bumper w fogs that exposes more tire tread and the design looked natural / followed the lines of the bronco .I’ve seen some posts in the past with like 20 links to all the options and I’ve yet to see anything that’s as sleek as the mod bumper direct from Ford.

granted, I assumed a majority of the aftermarket would be aggressive in styling or incorporate a winch or bull bar, but everything I’ve seen thus far is like that.

Is there anything I’m missing?

Again the only thing that fits the bill so far is the mod bumper. The new capable bumper is nice too but has the same issue as the plastic bumper in the sense that it covers up too much tire tread and doesn’t give that additional visual lift.
I agree. Not sure why nobody has copied the modular bumper almost exactly and add just a few bells and whistles. Scorpion and others (Chinese manufacturers seem closest). Westin is ok but doesn't offer a bar mount. Looked at Arb Zenith. I'm in the same boat can't decide.

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend