First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Are you planning on making any changes to the linkage?
I don't have mine yet. This was based on driving a manual at the Ft. McDowell "drive a Bronco" event last weekend. (Which was a lot of fun)

I will probably install one of the heavier clutch pedal springs they make for the Mustang (assuming they are the same) to give the clutch a bit more feel.
Sponsored

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe the clutch changed when they changed over to the 3.6 Pentastar.
I believe it did. The throttle was also changed to drive by wire which didnā€™t help either.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I believe it did. The throttle was also changed to drive by wire which didnā€™t help either.
Good luck on your build week. If the dealer demo I drove is any indication, youā€™re going to have a very nice rig!
Ford Bronco Any manual upgrades yet? 197FC0A2-C543-48A3-A3FE-E72475C5B2B4

ROCKO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What year on your JK? On my '08 you can feel it start to engage at 25% and fully engage by about 60% of travel, whereas the four door badlands I drove gave me no feel and then bam, at 25% it's fully engaged, then 75% of meaningless pedal travel.
Just received my 2 door manual and I am having the opposite experience. First 70% of decompression is dead space and then clutch engages. Very awkward and it requires none to very little input from throttle depending on the gear you are in.

OP
OP
JoeSpeed

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seriously, we need upgrayedds already

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Just received my 2 door manual and I am having the opposite experience. First 70% of decompression is dead space and then clutch engages. Very awkward and it requires none to very little input from throttle depending on the gear you are in.
So when I did the Bronco driving experience a few weeks ago in Petersburg, they allowed me to drive a manual bronco after doing the mud loop in a Wildtrak. The instructor showed me how the Bronco automatically adds a little gas when you start to release the clutch so you donā€™t have too. It was an interesting little drive along where he showed me several things - like if you stall out, auto stop start restarts the engine when you push the clutch in.

(See, between these features and hill start assist - even the manual has nannies ā€¦ šŸ˜Æ)

coreymd

Big Bend
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '20 HAH
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I know it's not apples to apples, but the 7MT demo I drove was nothing like my BMW 335i. The Bronco clutch pedal had almost no feedback, like it was just there as a placebo. Would like to see something aftermarket to address that.

I liked the short throw, but the shift gate didn't feel very well defined from what I remember. Maybe I'll feel differently once I get mine and start driving it.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Whatā€™s interesting is I watched the TFL Jeep Magneto drive on YouTube this morning and Jeep put a manual transmission on it. A manual on an all electric. They felt they had to for their enthusiast base. I read Mazda put it a patent on this for the Miata too.

See, there is hope for us in the future world.
Sponsored