Sponsored

Anybody else concerned about plastic interior looking cheap?

WadeWolf76

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Wrangler JK Willy's, 67 Ford Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

ellipsis

noun

1. The omission from speech or writing of a word or words that are superfluous or able to be understood from contextual clues.
    "it is very rare for an ellipsis to occur without a linguistic antecedent"
    • a set of dots indicating an ellipsis.
Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope. Never have. I’m a monk that lives in Nepal.
The weather is nice. Locals are friendly.
But watch that first step out of the monastery. It's a doozy.
Plus its where everyone will evac to when the oceans all rise.
You'll be there, living like a king with your Himalayan-proven Bronc.
We will all bring papayas and chicken nuggets to your door.

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think some people are conflating “cheap/crappy” with “durable/utilitarian”.

If your only frame of reference for interiors is the modern soft-touch, covered in upholstery interiors (ironically probably cheap material) that’s in every crossover and “appliance”-type vehicle nowadays, the Bronco interior might seem “cheap”.

However as others have pointed out this vehicle has a different purpose. The plastic (according to an insider post buried in another thread) is apparently high quality. So the idea is that after beating on it for 5 years you can hit it with some 303 cleaner and it’ll look awesome, versus softer, nicer to the touch materials that will look like hell even after just some doors-off tooling around on fire roads.

The idea gets floated around a lot that “This is a 60k truck so the interior should be nicer”. Well, not necessarily — the vehicle has a different use case. I think some folks have a different perception of this vehicle than others, and what they want it for may not necessarily align with the design outcomes of this product. This is not to say that if you’re not a hardcore offroader you should just get lost, it’s more of a situation where you should know what the vision is for this product and be prepared to manage certain expectations if your priorities include having a more luxurious interior feel.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Exactly... the days of wood interiors are gone... the all metal dashes are gone... the cracked padded vinyl dashes out the door. What else would it be? Maybe we need them woven out of hemp or something... or better yet, carbon fiber... who knows?
Hey, it's not a BMW for God's sake. :LOL:

Sponsored

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anybody else concerned about the plastic interior and sheer amount of it? People are saying it appears and feels cheap at the Bronco events.
My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw the Bronco at 31 Flavors and says it "appears and feels cheap". I guess it's pretty serious.

simone-kristy-swanson.jpg

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I mean... I'd take ball ticklers if it was offered...
Ball ticklers would tickle other things too... my wife would learn to drive a manual so quick. That package would need lane centering... not optional, we don't need a bunch of cross-eyed women crashing into things

Chrisack

Black Diamond
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CX500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Anybody else concerned about the plastic interior and sheer amount of it? People are saying it appears and feels cheap at the Bronco events.
I personally was happy with the quality of everything. I thought it felt sturdy and the rubberized pieces had a really good grip to them.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is really funny a lot of ______ trying to justify their reasons for buying a 50K+ vehicle they claim was built only for going up and down a hill or over rough terrain...LOL!

I’m gonna go out on a proverbial limb and say quite a few will never go up and down a hill unless it’s paved in a metropolitan environment!

When I’m behind the wheel I appreciate it being eye pleasing not only outside the windshield but inside the cabin as well. Doesn't matter if I’m climbing a mountain trail or DDing in the city!
One of the leading American advocates and innovators for Quality was a man named W. Edwards Deming. Unfortunately, Japanese industrial companies listened to Deming's ideas before the Americans adopted his philosophy on quality after the Japanese proved Deming's theories.

Deming had a great definition for quality, "Fitness for use". I've used his definition since I learned of it in industrial engineering school for judging the "quality" of the products I consider buying. After seeing the Bronco in the flesh this week, I think the interior is designed for the purpose Ford has in mind for the Bronco. If one is looking for a luxurious interior because of the price range the Bronco is sold at, I think that person will be unsatisfied with the Bronco.

While I doubt I'll be rock climbing with mine, or bouncing of trees on the trail, or flying over sandunes, I will use it for open top/door off road fire road running as I have done with my Jeep. It will get dirty inside. The interior, I believe is intended for such purposes.

Last edited:

Sponsored

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here’s a recent discussion on it....
Could be completely fine but it’s a potential issue that’s present :/

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/washout-floors-removable-swapable.14960/
That was a thread based on a photo of mine that was wrongly interpreted by the poster (he thought the carpeted flooring in the base model was the rubberized flooring in the badlands). The washout floors in the badlands aren't removable from what I could tell, at least not without completely gutting the vehicle. Below is a photo I took of the flooring in the badlands.

Ford Bronco Anybody else concerned about plastic interior looking cheap? drain on badlands

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You should be used to cheap plastic in your ram.

LQDCRJ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F250 4X4 NOW, 1990 FORD BRONCO BEFORE THAT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just saw the cactus grey BD at Villa Ford in CA. let me just say the color is way better in person, and the marine grade vinyl is perfect. other than the non powered seats I believe its better than the leather

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm confused by the question - we are buying a Ford, right?
Sponsored