Sponsored

Anybody else concerned about plastic interior looking cheap?

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cost effective - washout - premium materials.

You can only pick 2
Sponsored

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not just Rolls-Royce. My 19’ Porsche Cayenne full leather interior has real leather even inside door cup holders and lower door trims. It was a 4.5k option, I think well worth the price compared to what you get with 5k Lux package for the Bronco.
all the money in my wallet says you wouldnt think about stepping foot inside that vehicle with muddy boots or try to wash out your interior. This is a purpose built vehicle, not a luxury car.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My F150 interior is plastic, too. That's how vehicles are now.

Gaggs11

Badlands
First Name
Gagik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ GT3, 19’ Cayenne, 20’ Model S, 87’ Supra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
all the money in my wallet says you wouldnt think about stepping foot inside that vehicle with muddy boots or try to wash out your interior. This is a purpose built vehicle, not a luxury car.
Agreed! That’s the reason I’m buying the Bronco. My only gripe is the 5k Lux package price.

josephs6392

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1940 Ford roadster pickup, 1947 Ford 5W coupe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I finally got to see it for myself in Columbus yesterday. Two preproduction models so it’s still a mystery as to what we will get exactly. The dash materials did not bother me one bit.
After sitting in the leather trimmed seats they reminded me of my wife’s former HHR that had leather. The flat unvented panels were comfortable for a mid 70’s afternoon. It got me thinking that they would make me sweat like crazy on a hot summer day driving with the top down. MGV would yield the same result as I have sat in boats on the Ohio river for countless hours sweating on those seats. I’ve owned convertibles all my life since I could drive. I still own a topless ‘40 Ford.
When we got home we went to the dealership where our reservation is and changed our order to cloth.
I plan to have a custom leather interior made for my Bronco in a year or two. The quality and type of leather you use makes a huge difference. The leather in my custom build has been rained on several times even to the point of being drenched and it still looks new after 10 years.
Seat covers are easy to change just like the bolt on stuff everyone is talking about. Like most of us, I can’t get those saddle leather seats out of my mind from the night of the reveal!

Sponsored

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You don't think that once we hit the road in ours that even more hype will buzz and people won't be offering 10% or more over sticker price? Do you happen to remember the C8? My dad bought at 68k and could easily make over 10k if he sold right now.
But, you're right. They are a fool! Should have reserved one in June. I might just be hoping mine doesn't depreciate too much, or better yet *appreciates* when I drive it off the lot.
But I digress...
I wish I were one of the elite members of the secret cabal that could order in June. 😔

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here’s a recent discussion on it....
Could be completely fine but it’s a potential issue that’s present :/

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/washout-floors-removable-swapable.14960/
I was just at the St Louis event on Friday...Badlands with the washout floor..it’s not removable that I could see. looking Under the dash it goes all the way up to where you can’t see where it attaches If it is.

the photo is of the rear where the air conditioning comes in, where they had to come through the waterproof layer. There might be some additional action needed there to seal it up. I’m going to create some covers for the air conditioning vents made of waterproof one way material .. hydrophobic mesh..air passes right through but not water.

here is a video of the stuff

purchase here:

https://www.moflowvents.com/pre-filter-hydrophobic-mesh/

Sponsored

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't see why Ford wouldn't make a King Ranch style Bronco in the future. i.e. just give us the leather option from the reveal pictures. I wouldn't buy it but it would be cool if it were out there.

Mine will be covered in cheerios, goldfish and spilled yogurt sticks anyway so the plastic is fine.

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Why would you want leather cup holders? I mean the crap that gets caked in my plastic ones, that I then can remove and wash I would not want to jerk around trying to clean out of my leather cup holders.

Then on the other hand, Ricardo Montalban, says nothing better than fine Corinthian leather.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just got to see and sit in one today. I thought the interior was adequate. All new vehicles interiors are mostly plastic. It's definitely nicer than the interior if the 2020 Explorer ST I'm currently driving. I'm bummed that I couldn't drive it, they only had four door models and neither had the squatch package. Also both had soft tops, one w/ cloth seats, one w/ leather. I've ordered a 2 door badlands w/ MIC top, MGV and squatched up. Disappointed these were so far off what I'm getting.
You saw the same ones I did being in Florida. They told me that there were only 10 of them (so 5 pairs) in the whole country running around to these events, and that these were basically all that was available after others had been taken.

I'd have preferred a Sasquatch as well, but I did get to see my color (VB) on the BB, and did get to see the interior features on the OBX.

Deleted member 15909

Sorry if this is necro-ing this thread.

FWIW to anyone, after seeing a Bronco's interior in person today, I'm cancelling my order.

That's not to say it's "bad." Someone described it as "adequate" and that's probably about right. Layout-wise, it's a little better than adequate. But for me, personally, I find the materials make it look worse (cheaper) than the interior in my JK. My opinion only! I respect yours if you disagree.

Worth noting I take reasonably good care of my Jeep, so it still looks new when I clean up the inside, despite trips through Moab and many trips to Uwharrie.

Some will ask for details. Plastic texturing looked and *felt* cheap. Plastic felt thin and hollow. Grab handles felt... not loose, but like I might break them off accidentally. I was not expecting this from photos. And before you say it, it could be a prepro thing. I get it.

I am cancelling because for the cost of a Lux BadSquatch (my order) I'm just not ready to buy something that will feel primarily like a *lateral* shift from my Jeep. At best.

My 2015 JK looks *dated,* sure. But it doesn't look or feel poorly constructed, and that was the impression the material choices in the Bronco gave me.

All that to say this: make sure you see one of these in person! No photo or video really captures the nature of the interior materials. See how you feel. If you're still hype, then I'm excited for you! I wasn't, but that's okay. I own my opinion and yours is awesome because it's yours.

The really good news is this should move someone up the queue! :)
Sponsored