Sponsored

Anybody else thinking about cancelling if their build estimate is 2022?

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You're not. Conversion date doesn't mean anything unless it was after March 19 and that was only to be considered for 1st quarter build scheduling.
Sponsored

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Whew....I’m curious, have you seen the new Defender? That thing is brutal on the eyes in person. Not good.
I've test driven one and I thought it looked fantastic in person. Only reason I didn't buy the Defender instead of the Bronco is reliability. If Land Rover could ever get their act together on reliability they would have crushed their previous sales records with this Defender.

Hamhands

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am not going to cancel. I am going to rebuild an old small block chevy and have fun with it.

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've test driven one and I thought it looked fantastic in person. Only reason I didn't buy the Defender instead of the Bronco is reliability. If Land Rover could ever get their act together on reliability they would have crushed their previous sales records with this Defender.
I agree - I like how they look and they drive so nicely. I've been looking around at Defender forums and I'm starting to feel like they've worked out a lot of the early issues (mostly software-related), so I'm getting less concerned, at least for as long as it would be under factory warranty. I'm just waiting on a build date for the Bronco. If it's for sure '22 or really late '21, I'll order a Defender. In the meantime, I'm waiting for the 22 Defenders to drop (June) and if a properly configured one hits a dealership, then it was meant to be and I'll cancel the Bronco.

DeadeyeDon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I knew when I placed the order it would probably be a MY22. It is what it is

Sponsored

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Defender 90 Base at $46 is a great deal. Surprised it comes with all the tech like ultra widescreen, LED’s and automatic standard.

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Lol at the peeps suggesting that waiting a couple years for rebates will benefit them. Yes, perhaps you will get your rebates but......
Do you really think the rebates will get you down to the msrp of a 21MY? I also find it entertaining how people are bailing because they have to wait.....probably the very people who would trade it in after a month realizing it doesn't actually suit their needs. As far as the wait for me, if I'm pushed to a 22, I have more options available. Maybe the green or mansquatch will intrigue me......

TheFuzzyBunny

Black Diamond
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't know anymore. I have to admit I was looking at the deals offered through other dealers, Jeep, and you can get some fantastic deals just walking into the dealership right now. I get nothing but silence when trying to get a build date for my Bronco. If I just had a build date I might be able to hold on, but not knowing, and the threat of having to wait ANOTHER year is killing me.

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
My plan is to hold out at least 6 more months. Come November, it's gonna be a (tough?) decision I have to make to keep holding on or just move on and revisit in a few years. At that time the gas prices, current economic state, reported problems ( 10R60 or other ) could make my decision much easier or much harder. Ford is in a great spot, they'll sell all these no matter when they actually start shipping them off and dealers are probably hoping people cancel so they can sell with a $5k "market adjustment" sooner.

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I also find it entertaining how people are bailing because they have to wait.....probably the very people who would trade it in after a month realizing it doesn't actually suit their needs.
It's already been delayed from the original "spring 2021" release. My current vehicle isn't working for my needs (size/space/capability) - how much of a sucker would I have to be to keep dealing with that when there are other options available? I can assure you if I actually get a Bronco I won't be trading it in after a month, but I'm also not ride-or-die on the Bronco anymore.

Sponsored

mrjerry469

Black Diamond
First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK DIAMOND
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

NOOOOOOOOOOO, But I have to say I see plenty of new Jeeps with hard tops and tow hitches. I'm a 3rd day reservation with a hard top and tow. I really need to hear soon. I had hoped to be driving it on the beach this summer and not in the snow

Last edited:

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Defender 90 Base at $46 is a great deal. Surprised it comes with all the tech like ultra widescreen, LED’s and automatic standard.
If you can find a base defender for that that price buy it. The cheapest I have seem them is $7-10K more

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I want to say I'm in for the long haul...but the idea of having to wait another year really has me thinking. Spent the last 2 days re-reviewing Rubicon's but there is always something that comes up making me realize the Bronco is such a better choice.

If only I had an off road vehicle to tie me over. I need to buy something that I won't take a big hit on selling it later and doesn't require a ton of $ to keep running in between.

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
If you can find a base defender for that that price buy it. The cheapest I have seem them is $7-10K more
Looks like they raised $1K for 2022, but still great alternative to Bronco. White steelies, 3D Surround Cameras, Lane keep assist, HomeLink, 10" screen, Power Heated Seats, LED's standard on base.
Ford Bronco Anybody else thinking about cancelling if their build estimate is 2022? Screen Shot 2021-05-16 at 10.19.37 AM
Ford Bronco Anybody else thinking about cancelling if their build estimate is 2022? Screen Shot 2021-05-16 at 10.20.34 AM
Sponsored