Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The problem with having a winch in a bumper is those bumpers are normally larger and lower. That would reduce approach angle.

@Daktari I believe you are referring to this type of mounting.
1616002940038.png

Whats cool about this, is it allows the winch to be used in the front or rear of the vehicle.
Would just require the wires be run to both locations ahead of time.
Exactly what i'm going to do,then can use front/rear or on my superduty
Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The problem with having a winch in a bumper is those bumpers are normally larger and lower. That would reduce approach angle.

@Daktari I believe you are referring to this type of mounting.
1616002940038.png

Whats cool about this, is it allows the winch to be used in the front or rear of the vehicle.
Would just require the wires be run to both locations ahead of time.
yes, something along those lines. That way I can bring it on a wheeling trip, attach it front or back, where ever is needed, and then leave it in the garage for the rest of the year. Like the handles on this one!

MSparks909

Badlands
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m gonna wait and see what the aftermarket or my fab buddy can come up with. Want a low profile hidden winch mount if possible. If not then a low grill mounted one would work too so it doesn’t kill the approach angle too much. Not a fan of Ford’s modular offering

LUCKY_STRIKE

Badlands
First Name
BRYAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JEEP WRANGLER RUBICON
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The cost doesnt include installation per the dealer so it would cost more. It’s written in the fine print.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

$2500 and it does not include installation?
That means the winch mount stuff is $1000
YIKES

Sponsored

JMiles74

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No. Going aftermarket.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You took the time to go to search and screen shot it, why not post the results for OP while you are at it? 🤷‍♂️

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The only problem with not ordering the winch is that it’s the only way to get the winch mounting plate that works with the mod bumper. So unless you have the fab skills to make your own or are gonna pay a large amount to have something custom fabbed, there is no way to actually mount a winch to our Broncos — until the aftermarket comes up with something or Ford changes their mind and decides to sell us the plate separately.

Last time I checked Ford wasn’t selling the mounting plate as a separate piece so this means the majority of Broncos won’t be able to hit more serious trails right away.
In looking at the structure on the Overland pre-production unit, the metal front bumper Ford offers on Bronco isn't strong enough for it's intended duty anyway. I had planned to fabricate some 1/4 steel bar to run under the upper horizontal plane of the bumper anyway just to provide some actual fender/grill protection. You're really looking at "folded taco" metal thickness coming from the factory.

Aftermarket front bumpers will nearly be a requirement for this vehicle if you want to have actual protection beyond rubbing.

We'll likely have to get the whole bumper off to take a look at what can be done with the factory bumper to mount a winch, but I have no problem fabbing up a bracket that requires cutting a huge hole in the center of the bumper for a winch and just mounting it to the frame. Aftermarket will come up with a host of drastically cleaner and higher quality products than the "damn, Rick, you've really honed the art of angle grinding" welds and garbage i'm able to produce.

You took the time to go to search and screen shot it, why not post the results for OP while you are at it? 🤷‍♂️
Why? If the OP is too lazy to search, there's no reason doing the search for that person will yield any different result or change their behavior.

As our society gradually degrades into the "too long didn't read" (like the shit-show in the thread about how the AWD system of Bronco works with users incapable of reading for 10 minutes), those who have the street smarts and gumption to self-educate shouldn't be laid low by the lowest common denominator. The OP can simply fail to gather the information they seek at that moment. Clearly they don't care much about the answer anyway.

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

With having a 7/27 reservation, I have the luxury of waiting a little while and seeing what the aftermarket has to offer before taking delivery.

I'm going to have a winch, I just don't know if it's going to be the (excellent) factory one or not.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Not until they fix it.

Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Why? If the OP is too lazy to search, there's no reason doing the search for that person will yield any different result or change their behavior.

As our society gradually degrades into the "too long didn't read" (like the shit-show in the thread about how the AWD system of Bronco works with users incapable of reading for 10 minutes), those who have the street smarts and gumption to self-educate shouldn't be laid low by the lowest common denominator. The OP can simply fail to gather the information they seek at that moment. Clearly they don't care much about the answer anyway.
Personally the OP isn't my problem because I've used the Search feature on this board before, and tho I don't have an example on hand this second, I will say it's been less than helpful. No offense to Doug, it's just how this board works.

Second I'm about over all the people who take the time to either type something like "see that button up there? SEARCH" or go through the hassle to actually screen shot a search and post the pic.
Yeah we get it, maybe some of you kids actually heard your parents once or twice use the saying "If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything"

Third, I'm also about over the people who waste their time trying to stick up for people from number 2. Obviously you didn't add much to the original comments, so save your energy.

Now we've been able to add (4) total posts to this thread that don't really help the OP one bit, so it seems we've all wasted our own time. We didn't bring factual info, and if we can't do that much, we failed by not at least making people laugh. So what was the point?

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
anybody getting the factory winch?
who makes it
how long is cable / what size cable / does it come with remote switches, controls
is it worth the 2.5k extra for it

for your info I decide to add it to my build as I have always had winches on all my 4x4 vehicles since day one back in the '70's '/ 80's
I like it that it seems hidden and not sticking out in front as my old jeep and chevy truck did.
what say ye
At $2500 the bumper to attach it to is $895 so I'm assuming the bumper is included in that price. That leaves $1600 price tag for the rest of it. Seems it already being installed for you would be worth the price if you need/want a winch. On my wildtrack I'll probably not need a winch. Being new to offroading......maybe someone could school me on why I might need one.

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yes you are correct , its a BroncoG6 . I looked at other pics and yes it is not hidden .
I can leave it out of build being that it is a dealer install when the Bronco gets here I will decide for sure.

This is what I would do. To me the biggest drawback with the current setup, is it blocks the forward facing camera in a significant way. This will be addressed aftermarket or in future build years, it is worth waiting for to see what options you have and how others have addressed it.

Dig the fact that you have been driving with winches since the 70's and still here looking to learn. (y)
Sponsored