Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You took the time to go to search and screen shot it, why not post the results for OP while you are at it? 🤷‍♂️

This.

The search engine may work great for those who know how to navigate search engines, for some of us others like myself and the OP who are "old goats"....it's a fuckin' rabbit hole!

Type in winch and press search......there are five thousand paths you can take to find your answer. I learn a lot and encourage it's use, but I never find what I am looking for.

I do a cursory search ( just so I can tell people who tell me to use the search engine to Fuck Off ) and then I just post up the question. There are new members here every day who may not have read the answers before and will join the conversation as excited as you were the first time you read the topic. That adds to the thread count and hits, which helps B6G's bottom line, which helps me come to get all this incredible information and those beautiful photos....for free.

If you don't like the topic, don't open the thread.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Burndog

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A lot of people are saying if you remove the top part which apparently can be done it will solve the problem. However if you look at pictures of the screen with the winch on, it would only make a slight difference in veiw. The issue is the winch itself sticks out so far in front of the bumper.

I don’t know if there is a perfect solution other than a warn bumper with interior winch. But the ultimate solution might just be putting it offset to the center of the bumper. How you would mount it I don’t know. I’m glad I didn’tget the winch because the camera is going to be an amazing feature
Maybe relocate the camera a couple inches higher?

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At $2500 the bumper to attach it to is $895 so I'm assuming the bumper is included in that price. That leaves $1600 price tag for the rest of it. Seems it already being installed for you would be worth the price if you need/want a winch. On my wildtrack I'll probably not need a winch. Being new to offroading......maybe someone could school me on why I might need one.

What most people use them for is pulling out stumps on their property. That being said, when you need it, it is great to have. I'll have one, just not this one.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Come on, guys. It’s not THAT bad.

Ford Bronco Anybody getting the factory winch? BE1AA251-A98F-4FAF-B6F5-73FEB7C818A2

If you get the 8” screen and zoom in, you’ll barely notice it.

Ford Bronco Anybody getting the factory winch? 7113544E-4292-43EB-8780-B53B9C108DFB

GrayGhostDog

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes...

Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think out of all the things ford dropped the ball on its the winch.

one of those "wait oh no , oh shit we forgot about the camera" moments
Actually, IMO, they dropped the ball on the bumper. Anyone with even a modicum of off-road experience could look at that bumper and say "where and how are you going to mount a winch?". to which the designers apparently responded by forming a committee (the death knell of all projects) to design a mounting "solution" . . . which is why we have what we see.
Ford Bronco Anybody getting the factory winch? Dilbert-committee

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This.

The search engine may work great for those who know how to navigate search engines, for some of us others like myself and the OP who are "old goats"....it's a fuckin' rabbit hole!

Type in winch and press search......there are five thousand paths you can take to find your answer. I learn a lot and encourage it's use, but I never find what I am looking for.

I do a cursory search ( just so I can tell people who tell me to use the search engine to Fuck Off ) and then I just post up the question. There are new members here every day who may not have read the answers before and will join the conversation as excited as you were the first time you read the topic. That adds to the thread count and hits, which helps B6G's bottom line, which helps me come to get all this incredible information and those beautiful photos....for free.

If you don't like the topic, don't open the thread.
This is true for many different forum software iterations - it's frequently best to use Google. Google supports a tailored search of the form:
<search argument> site:<url of the site you want to target>

So, specifically for this forum if one wanted to do a search on winch and possible complications with the camera . . .
in a separate tab, browser window, whatever your preference do a google search like:
winch camera site:bronco6g.com

In my search result the first result is footage of the trailcam with the winch mounted, the 2nd result is a thread titled Mike Levine confirms winch will block trailcam, the 4th is asking if anyone knows if the trailcam will work with the winch mounted, and so on. There are ways to use the forum's own search function to do better searches than the basic generic one but I've found it's just so much easier to let Google do the heavy lifting for me.

Thane

Badlands
First Name
Thane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 FJ Cruiser, 21 JLURXR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I run a 12K winch in a plate bumper-heavy in the 2nd worst place (1st is roof). It loads the front suspension in a big way-all the time-bringing on a very need suspension upgrade.

So on this shot at it I'm going like others have suggested, removable on front and rear receivers.
It will spend most of it's life in my garage, then in the boot while trailing, and most rarely on the front or rear for a brief winch job... and I have no brand loyalty.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's my understanding the aftermarket receivers aren't rated at more than 5,000 pounds, more or less.

The one in the rear is rated at 3,500 lbs, right?

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's my understanding the aftermarket receivers aren't rated at more than 5,000 pounds, more or less.

The one in the rear is rated at 3,500 lbs, right?
The *vehicle* has a 3,500 lb tow rating - that doesn't mean the hitch itself is limited to that amount of weight.

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At $2500 the bumper to attach it to is $895 so I'm assuming the bumper is included in that price. That leaves $1600 price tag for the rest of it.
Nope. If your trim doesn't already have the HD bumper, it's an additional cost to the winch and mount.

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is true for many different forum software iterations - it's frequently best to use Google. Google supports a tailored search of the form:
<search argument> site:<url of the site you want to target>

So, specifically for this forum if one wanted to do a search on winch and possible complications with the camera . . .
in a separate tab, browser window, whatever your preference do a google search like:
winch camera site:bronco6g.com

In my search result the first result is footage of the trailcam with the winch mounted, the 2nd result is a thread titled Mike Levine confirms winch will block trailcam, the 4th is asking if anyone knows if the trailcam will work with the winch mounted, and so on. There are ways to use the forum's own search function to do better searches than the basic generic one but I've found it's just so much easier to let Google do the heavy lifting for me.

Thank you for that, it will help me immensely. (y)

If you want a zip line, or to throw somebody off a building safely, maybe a car crash, I'm your guy.....I am not quite as qualified with the tech stuff.....🤷‍♂️

Bickertjr

Badlands
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 f-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IMO It's worth it. The winch would cost you 1500usd or so, if you bought it out right. A decent mount like the one pictured would run around 600 or so. So 2100. The extra 400 chock up to having it installed and wired with everything intended for the vehicle it's going on.

ETA: However, I would wait for an aftermarket solution if you have a build with the 360 cam.
I ordered it but hope I don't regret it. 1st time I heard from my dealer was a text saying I had just over 2 hours to get my order in. 🤣🤣🤣. I kinda panicked.

zrizik99

Black Diamond
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 2016
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm not...the payload with sasquatch on the black diamond is pretty terrible. It's 1000 lbs or something. Adding more weight for something I'll rarely use doesn't make sense. This whole payload issue is bothering me.

wilmerfjohnson

First Edition
First Name
Wilmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion, 2009 Mariner, 2000 Taurus, 1996 Bronco, 1994 F-150, 1988 F-150, 1984 Bronco II, 1978 F-350, 1974 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
GVWR and GAWR is my concern. I think an 8274 would look fantastic (and work great) on the front end of a 2021 Bronco but that's 200ish pounds by the time you get it done.
Sponsored