Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Jeep Patriot, 06 BMW F650GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just in the local Lowes and a few workers were setting up a new display. Never seen these there before. $20 more than the Harbor Freight 12,000 model and comes with synthetic line.
Ford Bronco Lowes is getting into the winch business IMG_0554
Sponsored

Bronkers

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just in the local Lowes and a few workers were setting up a new display. Never seen these there before. $20 more than the Harbor Freight 12,000 model and comes with synthetic line.
Ford Bronco Lowes is getting into the winch business IMG_0554
Interesting, are the housings plastic? Not saying that's deal breaker, but getting very 'inventive' to get to the price point...

OP
OP

Yukon65006

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Jeep Patriot, 06 BMW F650GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting, are the housings plastic? Not saying that's deal breaker, but getting very 'inventive' to get to the price point...
Didn't get a chance to touch or really look at them. Snuck in while the display was being setup to grab the pic.

Sponsored

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When it comes to recovery gear, you get what you paid for. Just saying
You saying the same about the Harbour Freight Apex winch too? Cause if you are, do some research, just saying... Casey Ladell on YouTube is a good start...

luvmybronco

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Bronco sport, 1969 Bronco sport, 1990 F250 Lariat 4x4, 2015 F150 Lariat super crew 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You saying the same about the Harbour Freight Apex winch too? Cause if you are, do some research, just saying... Casey Ladell on YouTube is a good start...
I’m saying when you really need it, cheap isn’t the way to go. But you do you. If Harbor Freights winches are like their engines, I’ll pass. I’ve had Harbor Freight engines not last three months. I’m not going to pay over 50k for a vehicle and put a Harbor Freight winch on it, but that’s just me. I’ve seen the videos of the Harbor Freight winches.

Sponsored

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m saying when you really need it, cheap isn’t the way to go. But you do you. If Harbor Freights winches are like their engines, I’ll pass. I’ve had Harbor Freight engines not last three months. I’m not going to pay over 50k for a vehicle and put a Harbor Freight winch on it, but that’s just me. I’ve seen the videos of the Harbor Freight winches.
Like I said, do some research...

Casey LeDelle on YouTube recovers vehicle with winches a lot. He's had them all. The only one that hasn't let him down to date is the Harbour Freight Apex winch.

And I will do ME and use probably one of the best winches out there for half the price of the "Good" winches...

Just because something is expensive or has a bigger price tag doesn't make it better.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For me it comes down to real world experiences. My dad and I pulled a buried CAT Dozer out of a swamp with a Silverado 1500 anchored to a tree stump and a Warn 12,000 Lb winch. That single experience, along with countless vehicle rescues skews my perception. Seeing is believing. But I’m 50y/o and Warn is the only winch we’ve ever run. Not saying others aren’t reliable, just saying that I’m old school.

Mudlight

Base
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Like I said, do some research...

Casey LeDelle on YouTube recovers vehicle with winches a lot. He's had them all. The only one that hasn't let him down to date is the Harbour Freight Apex winch.

And I will do ME and use probably one of the best winches out there for half the price of the "Good" winches...

Just because something is expensive or has a bigger price tag doesn't make it better.
Matt's Off-road recovery is a good one also. All he uses is Badlands winches. Everything is made overseas now, with Warn all your paying for is the name now. Lol. I have rebuild many Warn winches 8274, XD9000i, & M12,000 waay overpriced now. I love my Badlands winch!

Ford Bronco Lowes is getting into the winch business 1698929899126
Sponsored