Sponsored

Anybody mistake your Bronco for a '70s or '80s model?

Jruta

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A51 Bronco 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes!! And multiple times. I’ve got a base model 2door with the steelies that came on it.

Lol it’s actually fun to be asked if it’s new or old. That’s exactly why I bought it, I Love the look, it’s like having a brand new 68ish
Sponsored

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No. Cam phaser chatter, double honks and cheap interior plastic are dead giveaways it's new 😳

JEMSA

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70 Bronco, 82 F350, 91 MX5, 93 MX5, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Funny - I guess anything can happen. I’ve had someone ask if my 1970 was one of those new ones, lol!

Sponsored

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's because you chose wisely. No one is mistaking a moar door as a vintage Bronco. But the 2-dr elicits the common refrain of being mistaken for the 1st gen. Of course, side by side with a 1G, then no one would confuse them. But the body styling cues on the 6G 2-dr definitely mimics that of the 1G.
I have to disagree. If someone mistakes a Gen6 for an early then they won’t know a 2 Dr vs a 4dr or a hardtop vs umbrella top.

OP
OP
FordFamily4Fun

FordFamily4Fun

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'10 Escape, '16 Explorer, '22 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If I could afford it, I'd have a restored early gen next to my BD like one poster has the old and new in his profile pic. I'm not sure which I like better. Ford and an auto restoration company got together with Jay Leno for this '68 1st gen. Ford was smart. They helped with the rebuild of this one and had it at SEMA right before the 6th gen. came out.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 80's Bronco looked nothing like the 70's Bronco
This is true, but not everyone is up on every car & truck, otherwise there wouldn't be reports of people getting butt hurt when someone refers to their Bronco as a Jeep.

I would venture to say that none of us here would ever mistake a 6G to a 66-77, unless they were really hoping it looked the same :unsure:

Sponsored

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

It's the white top!
That and it is the original REB... And that it is a 2 door... I am not an door number elitist, but.... It does just so happen though that the originals were all two doors and first came out in REB with a white top....
Sponsored