Sponsored

Has anybody sat in a new Bronco or Bronco Sport? - Headroom for 6'2"?

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I ordered my new Bronco (Full size) today and I am stoked about this. While at the dealership, I sat in a new Bronco Sport, and the headroom was terrible. I hit my head sliding in and out, my head was touching the ceiling. I am taller (6'2") but not a giant. The seats also didn't lower, that I could tell.

I am just hoping that the full-sized Bronco does not have this issue.

Can anybody confirm this?

EDIT: It is entirely possible that the salesperson was uncertain how to lower the seat when I asked, so it might be "user error".
Sponsored

Last edited:

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I ordered my new Bronco today and I am stoked about this. While at the dealership, I sat in a new Bronco Sport, and the headroom was terrible. I hit my head sliding in and out, my head was touching the ceiling. I am taller (6'2") but not a giant. The seats also didn't lower, that I could tell. I am just hoping that the full-sized Bronco does not have this issue.

Can anybody confirm this? Am I the only one to notice this with the Bronco Sport? LOL
Also over 6', yes I have sat in one. You needed to lower the seat. No problems, head not even close.

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No, but if you go here, you'll get much better luck.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I sat in one on Saturday at the dealer, no issues with headroom but I'm 5'8". There should be a manual up and down lever, maybe someone short was in it before you and had it cranked up.

Bronco Pilot

First Edition
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 BMW M3, 2018 F150, 2018 EA330SC
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I ordered my new Bronco today and I am stoked about this. While at the dealership, I sat in a new Bronco Sport, and the headroom was terrible. I hit my head sliding in and out, my head was touching the ceiling. I am taller (6'2") but not a giant. The seats also didn't lower, that I could tell. I am just hoping that the full-sized Bronco does not have this issue.

Can anybody confirm this? Am I the only one to notice this with the Bronco Sport? LOL
No, I sat in and looked at a few Bronco Sports in Vegas when I was dropping off my deposit for the Big Boy Bronco. I will tell you a few things immediately struck out at me. 1) I was really disappointed with Area 51 in person. It was my first color choice and I have changed to Lightning Blue to follow the lemming crowd....and 2) It really is a compact SUV. There is very very limited legroom in the back seats. You would not want to road trip with it. I was also disappointed with the front seating position. This vehicle is definitely better suited to people with small frames if you are going to do any road trips longer than 6 hours in it. I really hope the seating position in the Big Boy Bronco is closer to the F150 which is downright ridiculous with the roominess in the super crew.

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There's absolutely no relation between the Bronco and Bronco Sport besides the fact that Ford decided to put a Bronco badge on both of them. Nothing about the intended function, design, dimensions, or parts is common between the two vehicles.

Both the manual and power seats in the Bronco Sport will move up and down, the one you sat in may have been adjusted way up.

Sponsored
OP
OP
rugbysecondrow

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No, I sat in and looked at a few Bronco Sports in Vegas when I was dropping off my deposit for the Big Boy Bronco. I will tell you a few things immediately struck out at me. 1) I was really disappointed with Area 51 in person. It was my first color choice and I have changed to Lightning Blue to follow the lemming crowd....and 2) It really is a compact SUV. There is very very limited legroom in the back seats. You would not want to road trip with it. I was also disappointed with the front seating position. This vehicle is definitely better suited to people with small frames if you are going to do any road trips longer than 6 hours in it. I really hope the seating position in the Big Boy Bronco is closer to the F150 which is downright ridiculous with the roominess in the super crew.
I agree. The headroom in the Bronco (thinner removable tops) will be a big help, but I was surprise that I actually hit my head getting in and out. That rarely happens.

OP
OP
rugbysecondrow

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There's absolutely no relation between the Bronco and Bronco Sport besides the fact that Ford decided to put a Bronco badge on both of them. Nothing about the intended function, design, dimensions, or parts is common between the two vehicles.

Both the manual and power seats in the Bronco Sport will move up and down, the one you sat in may have been adjusted way up.
I read what you are saying, but that is also why I wanted to see if anybody here has actually sat in one or if this is the conventional opinion based on internet opinion.

Bronco Beard

Base
First Name
BB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350, Subaru Ascent
Your Bronco Model
Base

Totally agree. I checked out the Sport while trying to choose my color. I didn't care for it.

I will say I was extremely disappointed with the rubberized flooring in the Badlands Sport. It was so cheap looking, paper thin and the only thing holding it to the floor was gravity. One could easily just peel off the layers. I was sold on the BD until I saw the rubberized floor and realized it may not be what i was expecting. I assume the rubber flooring will be the exact same on the full size BD and BL.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I ordered my new Bronco (Full size) today and I am stoked about this. While at the dealership, I sat in a new Bronco Sport, and the headroom was terrible. I hit my head sliding in and out, my head was touching the ceiling. I am taller (6'2") but not a giant. The seats also didn't lower, that I could tell.

Can anybody confirm this?
I drove a 1st Edition Sport. I'm small so headroom was fine. :) The problem for me was lack of power. It was kinda quick, but you could feel it was a small, 4 cylinder engine using a turbo. On the highway when I punched it a couple times, just didn't feel the response that I personally need. I am sure it will feel plenty quick for plenty of folks, just not for me. I think the 2.3 will be a similar feeling in the big Bronco, perhaps a little better? Definitely made me feel I needed the 2.7L for the heavier rig.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP, your handle explains your height! Were you a number 4 or 5?
Sponsored