MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
OH ok, Ford employees makes sense.

I'm pushing over 6'9" on a good day lol. You'd be surprised how much 2 inches can make or break a vehicle for tall goobers like us. My proportions are mostly normal. My regular cab Silverado is actually snug, and uncomfortable on long drives (should have gone with extended cab and Ford lol).

The Civic? Everyone needs a shitbox lol :pYou would be surprised how much legroom an 07 Civic coupe has in it, there just isn't much room to wiggle (left leg on firwall/door, right leg on firewall/dash). It is the lack of headroom and no Factory AC that I have the biggest problem with. I'm leaned so far back my arms are at full extension to reach the steering wheel. I'm good in most trucks, the only 2 cars I've ever been comfortable driving were a 85 Cutlass Supreme and an 06 Charger.

I'm hoping they have dummies or test vehicles when orders open, that's only a couple hundred models they need. I'm thinking that April is when they are expecting to have actual inventory. I wanted a Wrangler for my entire life but I don't fit in any of them, and Jeep has gone down hill. Really hoping to switch back to Ford, had good experience with them in the past, and the Bronco perfectly fills that itch. The Squatch package is what I want, but mostly a waste of money where I live, there is nowhere in Ohio I need the lift, big tires and lockers.
Ohio? OHIO? My Good friend, simply consult your road atlas ...

West Virginia is spittin’ distance from Ohio. Pennsylvania. Kentucky. Head up to Michigan!
Sponsored

peace2peep

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For my tall friends, I actually ordered this Bronco as a surprise grad gift for my 6'-8" son. He's getting scholarships to college so a super expensive bronco is a great gift to ME as well...college would be three of these!

BTW: He's been driving a 2019 Mini Cooper Countryman for two years...fits great! Just in case y'all need other options!

AbeFroman

First Edition
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

6'5 here, 330Lbs, 32in inseam, 44in waist, size 15 shoes. Sat in a 4 dr OBX with power leather seats last friday. Much more room than expected. Also perfect windshield visibility for me, not too close to the roof as it is for me in a wrangler. Here are some pics with the seat all the way back and down. Even I don't need this much room, I would likely bring the seat forward some. I can't fit in a JL wrangler, so I am thrilled I will fit in the Bronco!

Ford Bronco Photos: Legroom and Headroom For Tall People in the 2021 Bronco IMG_2406
Ford Bronco Photos: Legroom and Headroom For Tall People in the 2021 Bronco IMG_2395
Ford Bronco Photos: Legroom and Headroom For Tall People in the 2021 Bronco IMG_2399
Ford Bronco Photos: Legroom and Headroom For Tall People in the 2021 Bronco IMG_2394
Ford Bronco Photos: Legroom and Headroom For Tall People in the 2021 Bronco IMG_2391
Ford Bronco Photos: Legroom and Headroom For Tall People in the 2021 Bronco IMG_2390

Tall Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Forester XT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
6'5 here, 330Lbs, 32in inseam, 44in waist, size 15 shoes. Sat in a 4 dr OBX with power leather seats last friday. Much more room than expected. Also perfect windshield visibility for me, not too close to the roof as it is for me in a wrangler. Here are some pics with the seat all the way back and down. Even I don't need this much room, I would likely bring the seat forward some. I can't fit in a JL wrangler, so I am thrilled I will fit in the Bronco!

IMG_2406.jpg
IMG_2395.jpeg
IMG_2399.jpeg
IMG_2394.jpeg
IMG_2391.jpeg
IMG_2390.jpeg
6’5” guy with 35” inseam here. You just made my day with your comment about windshield visibility. That was my last major concern.

Also I completely agree with you on Wranglers.

89Bronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
6’5” guy with 35” inseam here. You just made my day with your comment about windshield visibility. That was my last major concern.

Also I completely agree with you on Wranglers.
Thank you for putting in your inseam! I am 6' 4" with a 34" inseam. I've purchased vehicles all my life based on what I've fit into. I fit into a JK wrangler but my line of sight was horrible. I drive a '19 Subaru outback with no sunroof, the best fit of any car I've owned except 3rd, 4th and 5th gen broncos. The new JL wrangler is a joke. No way, I hit my head. And with the soft top I'm looking at the top of the windshield.. so your comment gives me hope.. but never would I order one without sitting in one.

Sponsored

Tall Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Forester XT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you for putting in your inseam! I am 6' 4" with a 34" inseam. I've purchased vehicles all my life based on what I've fit into. I fit into a JK wrangler but my line of sight was horrible. I drive a '19 Subaru outback with no sunroof, the best fit of any car I've owned except 3rd, 4th and 5th gen broncos. The new JL wrangler is a joke. No way, I hit my head. And with the soft top I'm looking at the top of the windshield.. so your comment gives me hope.. but never would I order one without sitting in one.
Yep, I know I’m going to have to wait a while longer because of it but I wasn’t willing to order one without sitting in one first.

I currently drive a 3rd gen Forester XT with the sunroof and the headroom is phenomenal.

That being said it’s a decade old at this point and I’m really looking forward to replacing it with a Bronco.

Baconator

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Chevrolet Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I couldn't pull the trigger on ordering one before I sat in it to see if I fit (6'5" 280). Got to see the FE Sasquatch and Badlands with Leather and LT285/70R17 Mud-Terrain (M/T) Tires in Cleveland, Ohio yesterday.

I am used to "sliding" right into my 2011 Suburban without using the assist steps (the seatback is right in line behind the B pillar). Avoiding the Bronco B pillar will take some getting used to. The tilt wheel does not have a lot of travel, I don't think it telescoped.

The headroom is fantastic in the soft top. I had at least 3-4 inches of extra headroom. Specs say 43.3. My Suburban is 41.1 (no sunroof). Hardtop is supposed to be 40.8. I have not seen a hardtop yet. Dash is nice and small, view from driver seat was better than I expected. I did not have to move the seat all the back or all the way down to be comfortable. I will probably get the leather for the power seats and ease of adjustment.

The back seat was very, very tight. I had to move front seat up considerably, and my head was rubbing on the roof.

One thing I noticed about the exterior...the back bumper is already showing "chalky" signs (the plastic on my old Avalanche did this too).

IMG_20210402_1345109.jpg

IMG_20210402_1355298.jpg

IMG_20210402_1356562.jpg

IMG_20210402_1357010.jpg

IMG_20210402_1357156.jpg

IMG_20210402_1406381.jpg

IMG_20210402_1424347.jpg

IMG_20210402_1424370.jpg

IMG_20210402_1424394.jpg

IMG_20210402_1429057.jpg

IMG_20210402_1429091.jpg

IMG_20210402_1431352.jpg

IMG_20210402_1445478.jpg

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The tilt wheel does not have a lot of travel, I don't think it telescoped.
FYI according to the Ford website, every Bronco model, from Base to First Edition, includes “manual tilt and telescoping steering column” as standard.

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Is it just me or is he wearing a padlock for a belt buckle?

Sponsored

peace2peep

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My 6'8" son fits perfect! Don't worry at all folks!!! Even with "poofy" hair!

Ford Bronco Photos: Legroom and Headroom For Tall People in the 2021 Bronco IMG_3126
Sponsored